1 reply to this topic

#1 Morthrai

Morthrai

Breakfast Clubber

• PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • LocationBromsgrove, UK

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:48 PM

Hope you don't mind me dropping this slightly technical question in here, but it is related to my own nascent podcast efforts!

So recently I decided to have a bash at podcasting. Now, my computer has mic and headphone inputs and they work just fine but I heard from several sources that even a cheap mixer can work wonders. I obtained a Behringer Xenyx 302 USB mixer for a very good price and started setting it up. Now, the makers website no longer provides a Windows driver and the generic driver that they link to doesn't pick up the main mic input. I can record through the secondary 3.5mm mic input BUT that line doesn't go through the mixer, which means I am no better off than if I just plugged straight into the computer!

Anybody got any further ideas, or even maybe an archived copy of the Behringer drivers? I don't want to return the mixer as there's no physical fault with it, it's a software issue.

Lee Williams.

The Dark Times Fanzine

"Superstition is a name the ignorant give to their ignorance"

#2 MrHandy

MrHandy

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:24 AM

You might want to check the maker's website on archive.org to see if there is an older version of the site with the Windows driver still available.

Zombie Apocalypse: A Blood Brothers style play-by-post forum-based RPG using CoC rules
Space Oddity: Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes/Call of Cthulhu in 1969 Philadelphia
The Terror Out of Time: Classic Doctor Who meets Call of Cthulhu in 1930 London

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Podcast, Audio