#1 CthulhuBob

CthulhuBob

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationMissoula, Montana

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:09 AM

I thought I remembered seeing something in the rules, which now I don't see, about using Abilities in which you have used all your pool points. Which makes me question my grasp of the rules regarding Abilities, so are the following true?

You can *only* use Investigative Abilities in which you have purchased a point pool.

You can *only* use General Abilities in which you have purchased a point pool.

You can still use Investigative Abilities in which you have purchased a point pool when those points are depleted. You simply cannot do spends.

You can still use General Abilities in which you have purchased a point pool when those points are depleted. You simply cannot do spends.

Thanks in advance.

Iä!
MisCon 31, 26th-29th of May, 2017
www.miscon.org

#2 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:50 AM

You can *only* use Investigative Abilities in which you have purchased a point pool - correct

You can *only* use General Abilities in which you have purchased a point pool - you can also use Firearms, Weapons and Scuffling if you have zero rating, but you have -2 damage modifier, have to say who you are attacking before any attacks are made and can shoot yourself or an ally on a roll of 1.

You can still use Investigative Abilities in which you have purchased a point pool when those points are depleted. You simply cannot do spends - correct

You can still use General Abilities in which you have purchased a point pool when those points are depleted. You simply cannot do spends - correct

Download the Condensed Rules for Trail of Cthulhu PDF in my signature below and the Vade Mecum de Vestigio Cthulhus from this thread for help with the rules

Edited by Tony Williams, 30 June 2017 - 10:53 AM.

Do you play Trail of Cthulhu ? You may find these downloads useful...

The Condensed Rules for Trail of Cthulhu PDF - the rulebook as slim as it can go.

The Enchiridion of Elucidation PDF - a guidebook for both players and Keepers, with advice on playing the game.

#3 CthulhuBob

CthulhuBob

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationMissoula, Montana

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:40 PM

". . . you can also use Firearms, Weapons and Scuffling if you have zero rating, but you have -2 damage modifier, have to say who you are attacking before any attacks are made and can shoot yourself or an ally on a roll of 1."

Ah, right. I was forgetting that, thanks.

Iä!
MisCon 31, 26th-29th of May, 2017
www.miscon.org