• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 sasori

sasori

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:07 PM

I have adobe acrobat at work, and I've managed to change the fon easily enough. I'm now not sure which are the best fonts to use. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be gald to hear them.

I also exported it as a Doc, and it exported the background image, but not the text boxes, this is really easy to add though, and more easily modifiable.

Also, the great thing about this is how easy it can be used for any kind of monograph, not just an auction pamplet!

#22 kirkd

kirkd

Master

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationIpswich, UK

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:32 PM

Do you have Acrobat pro?

I've got home and opened it in Preview on mac and you can add text as notations, move it around and change the font easily enough.

Cthulhu related sculpting gubbing and general ramblings that come out of my ears - facebook.com/castingsofcthulhu

#23 sasori

sasori

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:56 PM

Yes, I have Pro. If you want me to change things and send it back to you let me know.

Can you give different colour backgrounds?

#24 kirkd

kirkd

Master

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationIpswich, UK

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:17 PM

I have pro as well as I've got an Adobe CC licence which is why I can edit it myself. Its other people without pro that will have trouble.

I've already worked out a way of doing different coloured backgrounds. I've layered the texture elements such as the black design work and the grainy vignettes over a solid coloured background so I can do it in any colour needed. I just need to export the coloured background and replace it in Acrobat.

It may be easier if I build this in InDesign. I hate it as I don't do DTP much, I'm a web/video editor, but it may be easier to build it in that then export it as a pdf.

Cthulhu related sculpting gubbing and general ramblings that come out of my ears - facebook.com/castingsofcthulhu

#25 nclarke

nclarke

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • LocationSunny South Coast

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:00 PM

AFAIK there is no free program that will edit pdf files so unless several typefaces are embedded and the user can change between them that looks like it. The type size could also be an issue but I think the size varies to fit the text box (unless the text box expands of course).

What kirkd has done already is way better than what we had so thank you again kirkd.

Nigel

#26 kirkd

kirkd

Master

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationIpswich, UK

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:47 PM

Glad to help. I'll try and find some time to make a few changes to it and do a couple of page layouts.

It may be helpful if I upload the flat artwork and the psd files in the future as well incase anyone else wants to nab them for their own stuff. I'll probably drop them onto my blog as a post so theres a permanent set of links.

#27 nclarke

nclarke

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:23 AM

Thanks Kirkd.

#28 ZeroMostel

ZeroMostel

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:34 PM

Hmmm. I was wondering if a good Cover for an Auction house would be accepted? I enjoy making props and this is something that would be worthwhile.

#29 nclarke

nclarke

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:48 AM

More stuff like this would certainly be appreciated, so yes please ZeroMostel.

#30 kirkd

kirkd

Master

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationIpswich, UK

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

I've still got this on the go. I've been snowed under with some client work but I've got a couple of pages almost ready for sharing.

#31 ZeroMostel

ZeroMostel

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:10 PM

By all means, share.

I will work on the catalog Cover this weekend and the internal structure after that. I just need a pic and or description of some artifacts that would be for sale.

#32 kirkd

kirkd

Master

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationIpswich, UK

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:16 PM

Better late than never but the project I had over the last couple of weeks sucked my time away.

I've uploaded six files to my dropbox account but I'll be adding some more when I get round to the layout and if there are any suggestions for changes or things I've not got right, please shout.

https://www.dropbox....3hExVB0yna?dl=0

There are two cover options red or green but its really easy to do more options if people want.

In the pages there are two layouts but they're also mirrored so theres options for a single or four left page images or the same on the right page.

#33 kirkd

kirkd

Master

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationIpswich, UK

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:21 PM

Also, the text box under each of the 4 images is room for a title or a label. If you only need 3 images, you can drop a 1x1 transparent gif in one of the boxes.

pHa0Gn8.png

#34 sasori

sasori

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:18 PM

Wow, great! :D

#35 nclarke

nclarke

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:05 AM

Seconded, glad I thought to make this a thread.

Nigel

#36 kirkd

kirkd

Master

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationIpswich, UK

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:34 PM

I promise to crack out a few more pages soon. I've had a couple of busy evenings with sculpture orders but I've got a couple of weeks off coming up and I'm planning on eating my own dog food by producing something for the CoC game group I run.

#37 ZeroMostel

ZeroMostel

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

Nice work KirkD. I can't figure out how to post a fillable catalogue on here. But I do have a link to my DeviantArt Page.

http://zero-mostel.d.../Prop-Catalogue

cover_by_zero_mostel-dbh1if2.png

I hope this meets with your approval.   :8E:

#38 synthboy

synthboy

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:32 PM

Thank you very much KirkD. I will definitely find a use for these.

Ludmilla: I'll distract him, you slip something hard and tasteless into his drink.
Moe: What like, a potato?

#39 ZeroMostel

ZeroMostel

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:45 PM

untitled_by_zero_mostel-dbh1j11.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gaslight, Jazz Age