24 replies to this topic

#21 trevlix

trevlix

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:31 PM

Amazing discussion in here. Just some things to throw out:

- There is an aquatic version of Dark Young called Dark Sargassum, found in Malleus Monstrorum

- Don't forget the Edmund Fitzgerald!!!

#22 Bishop

Bishop

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:51 PM

Amazing discussion in here. Just some things to throw out:

- There is an aquatic version of Dark Young called Dark Sargassum, found in Malleus Monstrorum

- Don't forget the Edmund Fitzgerald!!!

I will have to look that up when I get home.

And although the tragedy of the Edmund Fitzgerald is just a little later in the history then what I have planned for in first part of the campaign (like 125 years later), it does bring up a possibility of something from the past rising again to cause havoc for modern investigators.  At least something to tantalize investigators with for mysteries on the Great Lakes.

Edited by Bishop, 19 June 2017 - 08:07 PM.

-iicf

#23 yronimoswhateley

yronimoswhateley

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • LocationDunwich, Maryland

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

Glad you enjoyed it!

I made pretty much everything there up, except the names Ogopogo (a name from a 1910s novelty song that was given to a famous Canadian lake monster) and Kluskap O'Kom (which appears to be an invention of the jazz/thrash band Voivod, a Lovecraftian monster apparently partly of their own invention, and partly inspired by Micmac legends....)

Spoiler

"I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time." - Blaise Pascal

#24 Bishop

Bishop

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:03 PM

Glad you enjoyed it!

I made pretty much everything there up, except the names Ogopogo (a name from a 1910s novelty song that was given to a famous Canadian lake monster) and Kluskap O'Kom (which appears to be an invention of the jazz/thrash band Voivod, a Lovecraftian monster apparently partly of their own invention, and partly inspired by Micmac legends....)

Thanks for owning up to it or it would have been a very frustrating time of research. Still some great stuff though.
-iicf

#25 Bishop

Bishop

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:20 PM

So this is what I have so far.  Always looking for more information or ideas.  I am fairly set on the Outline I have created, so not looking to take the campaign in other directions.  But I am open to ways of fleshing it all out.

Spoiler

Edited by Bishop, 06 July 2017 - 05:47 PM.

-iicf

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Delta Green