#1 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:14 PM

It's now available for download from the Pelgrane Press Trail of Cthulhu Resource Page.

The Vade Mecum de Vestigio Cthulhus <-click that link

I tried making a Keeper Screen for ToC, I really tried, but I can't stand broken English so I could only get it down to 7 sides.

You can either print it out as a flip-booklet or, personally, I chose the 6 pages I make most reference of and made a double-sided 3-page landscape Keeper screen ( printed out on card reduced to 80% page size and trimmed ).

The upside is it has more rules and tables in it than the Condensed Rules for ToC PDF.

It only covers in-adventure rules ( not character creation ) nor clue-giving ( but that should be second nature to a GUMSHOE GM ).

Some parts of the PDF are highlighted in mauve - these are to show the rules that are not actually in the ToC rulebook. Hovering over the highlight will explain why the rule is different to the rulebook or which other GUMSHOE games it has been imported in from. You should be able to unlock and delete the mauve highlight in a PDF reader if you don't want it to print out ( or your PDF reader may give the option not to print highlights from the print dialogue directly ).

So what's all this Latin ?

VADE MECUM
/ˌvādē ˈmēkəm,vädē ˈmākəm/
noun - a handbook or guide that is kept constantly at hand for consultation. Literally a "go-with-me".

VESTIGIO CTHULHUS
I'll let you work that bit out. Fun fact - I decided "Cthulhu" was a 4th declension neuter noun in Latin.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Edited by Tony Williams, 10 June 2017 - 01:35 PM.

Do you play Trail of Cthulhu ? You may find these downloads useful...

The Condensed Rules for Trail of Cthulhu PDF - the rulebook as slim as it can go.

The Enchiridion of Elucidation PDF - a guidebook for both players and Keepers, with advice on playing the game.

#2 Lammomedes

Lammomedes

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationPalm Bay, Florida

Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:55 PM

Thanks...that brilliant. It will be helpful the next time I run ToC (or frankly most Gumshoe based games).

#3 rylehNC

rylehNC

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:38 PM

Your hard work is much appreciated!

Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes.

-Ibn Schacabao

#4 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:50 PM

Just a FYI:

The Vade Mecum has all the crunch from the ToC rulebook except:

i) Some occupations and abilities ( e.g. Disguise and Hypnotism ) have crunch involved - adding those bits would be taking the mickey I think - just consult the rulebook.
ii) Split Ability Pools for Mythos creatures (on page 125 of the ToC rulebook). This section does not seem to work as written and, unfortunately, the examples that follow contradict each other and the written rule. In consultation with Simon at Pelgrane it has been left out. You can probably work out what it is getting at and work out a rule for yourself. The issue will not happen terribly often anyway.

=============
Aaaaaaarrrgh!
=============

Stupid error on page 7 - Mind Blasted should be -6 to -11 Stability (it's down as -5 to -11).

Hold off any printing until I have it fixed on the Pelgrane Press site.

Will notify here when uploaded.

The Condensed Rules for Trail of Cthulhu PDF - the rulebook as slim as it can go.

The Enchiridion of Elucidation PDF - a guidebook for both players and Keepers, with advice on playing the game.

#5 numtini

numtini

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationCape Schrod, Massachusetts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:48 PM

Thanks again to you and Pelgrane for these. It makes GMing so much easier.

#6 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:19 PM

The fixed version 1.8 has been uploaded to the Pelgrane Press site for download now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resource