#1 JamesHuds

JamesHuds

Master

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:01 PM

Howdy everyone,

Simple question if you please.

Does anyone know of any scenarios (preferably free but dosnt have to be) based around werewolves or that even involves werewolves?

thankyou ,

#2 Shimmin Beg

Shimmin Beg

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:11 PM

There are a few listed here: http://www.yog-sotho...ewolf_scenarios

#3 JamesHuds

JamesHuds

Master

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:46 PM

These are perfect. Thank you very much.

#4 yronimoswhateley

yronimoswhateley

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • LocationDunwich, Maryland

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:12 AM

I bet that there are a handful of Ghoul and Deep One scenarios that would require only minimal work to convert into Werewolf stories - all three monster run on a similar beast-within-man concept.  Their points of divergence would just add a weird new element to your Werewolf lore.

As an aside, Lovecraft included a few off-hand references to Werewolves in "The Shunned House"....

"...That ominous item in the annals of morbid horror which tells of the creature Jacques Roulet, of Caude, who in 1598 was condemned to death as a daemoniac but afterward saved from the stake by the Paris parliament and shut in a madhouse. He had been found covered with blood and shreds of flesh in a wood, shortly after the killing and rending of a boy by a pair of wolves. One wolf was seen to lope away unhurt...."

Lovecraft doesn't appear to have gone to much trouble to distinguish between werewolves and vampires in that story and the folklore he drew from wouldn't have either, so I see no reason why vampire scenarios couldn't be adapted into Werewolf tales, should one of the handful of those that exist catch your imagination....

"I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time." - Blaise Pascal

#5 markgeorgetwo

markgeorgetwo

Neophyte

• 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:31 PM

The rescue is a good one I did write a werewolf scenario based on a moon cult I have it on disc some where.

#6 maglaurus

maglaurus

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:23 AM

Perhaps this goes against the grain, but why not design a quick scenario yourself?  The werewolf/beast-man figure is a trope that’s ideal for the Trail of Cthulhu story structure:

Setting: A place that puts the investigators in contact with a group of NPCs but also isolates them for several days.  A snow-bound rural hotel, a train trip or riverboat cruise, a rural European villa where the investigators are guests, a mining town or logging camp, an archaeological dig.    

Characters: Sprinkle in red herrings: a kid with a tendency to be mean to cats, a rakish Eastern European with a fondness for young women/men, a man with a fondness for hunting, an ill-tempered old woman.  Put in some nice characters too who *couldn’t possibly* be the monster: kindly old barman/hotelier, bookish young girl, an old timer who always smiles and tells stories. 

Suspicions Aroused: Missing livestock, house pets, perhaps someone’s seen a prowler lurking in the shadows at the edge of the property.

Ominous Seems Innocuous: Evidence Points to an animal attack.  Mad Dog?  Wolf?  Or similar predator?   

Something Nasty Happens: Attack that leaves a human victim a bloody mess. 

A Layer is Revealed: Some sort of evidence on the victim points to a person, not an animal.  An article of clothing that doesn’t belong to the victim like a broken string of pearls or a shirt sleeve would do.  If the investigators are still unsure, try some blood human footprints walking away from the scene.    

Relief Comes: The investigators encounter a literary resource or a person.  Through this object/person they understand they threat they face.   

The Twist: The Werewolf is not a stranger, but someone in the midst of the investigators, someone they know and have been talking to the whole time. 

Conspiracy Revealed: Here the investigators figure out the source of the problem, the “why” of the curse.  Letters or a journal might reveal the victim was cursed by a fortune-teller she/he refused to pay, or suffers from the “Wendigo Sickness” as a result of an act of survivalist cannibalism in his/her youth.  Perhaps it’s just a strange series of journal entries about dreams.  If a werewolf bites you in the Dreamlands, do you become a werewolf in the physical world? 

Evil Confronted:  The silver bullet finale.  Is the werewolf done in, or is the body merely killed and the demonic/Wendigo spirit live on to claim another?   

Edited by maglaurus, 05 January 2018 - 02:28 AM.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. --Arthur C. Clarke

#7 Nightbreed24

Nightbreed24

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:42 PM

This site could help:

http://werewolf-movies.com/index.php

Many of the plots and pretty goofy, but if you'd watch some of these movies, I'd bet, that they'd contain a few nice ideas here and there.

#8 markgeorgetwo

markgeorgetwo

Neophyte

• 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:34 PM

Maglaurus I just read your idea I did have a investigator who was turned to a werewolf and I played him has a character but when the moon came out the keeper took over him just say some very interesting things happened.

#9 mvincent

mvincent

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:55 PM

Try here.

A few from the list include:

Under A Werewolf Moon from Shadows Over Filmland

The Werewolf of Coldwater Falls from Canis Mysterium

The Dragon and the Wolf from Bride of Halloween Horror

The Rescue from the Cthulhu Companion

The Derbyshire Monster from Masks of Nyarlathotep

The Swarming from Blood Brothers

#10 DrMonster

DrMonster

Master

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:06 PM

For a curve, toss in some Vargr from the Traveller rpg. 😁 They took a wrong turn at Alpha Centauri and are scrambling to repair their starship, parked in a heavily wooded area near the PCs. They aren't necessarily physically imposing but possess high tech gear and a piratical attitude.

#11 Dante7

Dante7

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:05 AM

Try here.

Not to quibble too much but

Spoiler

Edited by Dante7, 09 January 2018 - 02:05 AM.

#12 robopelican

robopelican

Neophyte

• 4 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

Try here.

I particularly like "Canis Mysterium". I think it's a very well put together scenario. I've not read the others though. They might be just as great.