10 replies to this topic

#1 Rave

Rave

Master

• Publisher
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:34 AM

Do your dice deserve an old one as a guardian?

18221978_945616378913969_2711327797604391609_n.jpg

One night, a few years ago, a cuddly little abomination wormed his way into my brain and refused to be quiet until I gave him a body and a name. 

Now he wants to take over the world. I'm... surprisingly ok with that.

Bagthulhu is live on Kickstarter now. ^_^

06f286970d639590431139162a31f6cf_original.jpg

#2 dce

dce

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:51 AM

This looks great -- I really hope that people pledge their support for this Kickstarter. It looks like Bridget has put together a really well thought-out KS campaign, with a sensible set of reward tiers to allow for both budget-conscious backers and those who want to splurge on a beautiful custom-made piece.

Full disclosure: I am an owner of one of Bridget's custom bags, which she advertised here on YSDC a year or so ago. I have been really happy with the quality of her work, and my loveable dice bag even made a guest appearance with me at a panel at PAX Aus 2016 (where he was savagely lampooned by Mark Morrison and Richard Watts as being an evil example of Cthulhu-oid plushiness).

If the KS campaign unlocks some of the stretch goals I may even consider buying another Bagthulhu ...

Dean (from Adelaide)

FREE high-quality Call of Cthulhu scenarios in PDF: cthulhureborn.wordpress.com

#3 Rave

Rave

Master

• Publisher
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:04 AM

Full disclosure: I am an owner of one of Bridget's custom bags, which she advertised here on YSDC a year or so ago. I have been really happy with the quality of her work, and my loveable dice bag even made a guest appearance with me at a panel at PAX Aus 2016 (where he was savagely lampooned by Mark Morrison and Richard Watts as being an evil example of Cthulhu-oid plushiness).

Is there a video of the lampooning? Because I'm sure Bagthulhu would like to bring these puny mortals who dared mock him to the attention of the Thulhu army. They're making a list...

Also, I still have the photos of your little frankenthulhu ^_^. He was super fun to make. It's so nice hearing back from victims people adjusting to life with their cuddly new overlords ^_^.

#4 dce

dce

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:09 AM

Is there a video of the lampooning? Because I'm sure Bagthulhu would like to bring these puny mortals who dared mock him to the attention of the Thulhu army. They're making a list...

Sadly, I don't think the panel was videod -- so, the cruel taunts of the assembled Australian Call of Cthulhu writers have likely gone unrecorded. But Bagthulhu did make his return before the end of the panel, so I feel that his was the (im)moral victory :)

Dean (from Adelaide)

#5 Rave

Rave

Master

• Publisher
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:15 AM

Sadly, I don't think the panel was videod -- so, the cruel taunts of the assembled Australian Call of Cthulhu writers have likely gone unrecorded. But Bagthulhu did make his return before the end of the panel, so I feel that his was the (im)moral victory :)

Dean (from Adelaide)

They'll be sorry. We'll send a squad of Minithulhus after them. They'll never know what hit them ^_^

#6 dce

dce

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:19 AM

This campaign has just hit the 90% funded mark, so it seems quite likely that the world will be infected by hundreds of Bagthulhus in the coming months.

If you're keen to add your name to the list of future homes of Bagthulhu (and accept all that comes with having a Great Old One living under your roof), you've still got about 12 days to join the cult.

Dean

PS: This isn't my campaign or anything, I just figure folks here might like to know it exists :)

#7 Rave

Rave

Master

• Publisher
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:37 AM

We just hit 99% today ^_^. $30 NZD away from being funded.

On another note, this is the colour chart for the handmade rewards

bagthulhucolourchart.jpg

And some of our stretch goals (I'm looking at adding a couple of smaller ones), based on feedback from backers and the beta group.

stretchgoals.jpg

Stretch goal 1: Add another colour option to the run of manufactured Bagthulhus - Purple.

Stretch goal 2: Having a limited run of double size Bagthulhus produced and available as rewards at a lower cost than the custom Doublethulhus

Stretch goal 3: Add another colour option to the run of standard size Bagthulhus - Most likely Black and Charcoal based on feedback from backers and the beta group.

#8 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,405 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:10 AM

Travelling from the furthest shores, someone has arrived to eat a lot of my dice... (even if only temporarily).

bagthulhu-dicebag-01.jpg  bagthulhu-dicebag-02.jpg  bagthulhu-dicebag-03.jpg  bagthulhu-dicebag-04.jpg

I'm sure he'll be making an appearance on future YSDC shows.

So soft, so cuddlishly evil*.

*I'm sure Lovecraft must have used that phrase in his stories at some point? :-)

#9 Rave

Rave

Master

• Publisher
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:17 PM

We're funded! Now pushing for a stretch goal - Backpackthulhu!

#10 Rave

Rave

Master

• Publisher
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:00 AM

Update: We hit the Backpackthulhu stretch goal ^_^. There's 21 hours to go and we're about $1400 NZD off the next stretch goal :)

#11 Rave

Rave

Master

• Publisher
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:44 PM

Update: The Backpackthulhu prototype is finished. It's definitely a prototype, with much tidying up to be done for the 'official' version, but it's here and I rather like it ^_^.

The main compartment will hold a LOT. Like a laptop, a couple of anniversary editions of CoC, plus room for pencil cases, dicebags, etc. There's two side pockets for drink bottles etc. There's also a front pocket, and a 'secret' compartment in the head. There's a different colour chart for the Backpackthulhus since they use a different fabric.

IMG_20170704_200112.jpg  IMG_20170704_200308.jpg  IMG_20170704_200330.jpg  IMG_20170704_200420.jpg

There's also Minithulhu - a little plushie with multiple attachment points so it can attach to different stuff. Available in a bunch of colours ^_^.

minithulhu.jpg

And Microthulhu - a teeny tiny thulhu about two and a half inches tall. Available in a bunch of colours ^_^

19427461_10213605157505536_10708091_n.jpg

And of course the manufactured Bagthulhus

e32fe062644da1d20b601d371c35b06c_original.jpg  52a2f80942ac0778feb3a5a8d5909069_original.jpg

I'm going to launch the pre order store on Backerkit as soon as they approve my setup. Pre orders will be open until the end of July.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fundraiser, Press Release