Photo
- - - - -

Which Would Run Best Through Pulp Cthulhu?

Pulp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DeaconBlackfire

DeaconBlackfire

Master

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationLancaster, PA

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:36 PM

Wanting to run Pulp Cthulhu and do either Spawn of Azathoth ​(probably padded out with some other adventures, one I'm thinking is the one from Secrets of Kenya with the Cats of Ulthar) or Fungi from Yuggoth / Day of the Beast. Which of these two do you think is better suited to Pulp Cthulhu? Thinking it would likely be Day of the Beast...

Only through deception of illusion can we experience reality.

#2 Eddy

Eddy

Master

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:26 PM

I am running Fungi from Yuggoth at the moment using CoC 7e. I have had a very brief read through the Pup rules and I think it would make great Pulp game. Indeed it is quite old school and deadly as it is. I have read Spawn of Azathoth and apart from the very "investigate"nature of the first scenario and maybe the dreamlands scenarios the rest of the campaign would be fine as a pulp campaign. Go for it.

#3 SunlessNick

SunlessNick

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:00 PM

I concur.  Day of the Beast.

#4 jlynn

jlynn

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBeyond Time and Space

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:04 PM

Yep, definitely Day of the Beast. If you can get a copy of the HPLHS Dark Adventure Radio Theater play "Day of the Beast" (the deluxe one, with all the props), you'll also get a collection of excellent props you can use beside the ones that come with the actual adventure. (As a side note, Paul is giving one away as part of the Breakfast Club...)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pulp