• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Maaack

Maaack

Neophyte

• 7 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:09 PM

I have a Call of Cthulhu scenario that I'd like to share with the community, and I'm looking for a shortlist of people that'd be interested in reading it and providing early feedback. I'm not sure the best way to do that, but I figured I'd post the premise here, and if you're interested, let me know and I can PM the link to the Google Doc. Here is the introduction to it:

1D10 Arkham Field Lane

A Call of Cthulhu RPG scenario inspired by a 10 Cloverfield Lane

Introduction

This scenario was designed for single-player game (Keeper + Player == Single-Player... right?) lasting roughly 6 hours. It was written for a first time player of tabletop RPG’s, and for my first time hosting a CoC scenario. I let myself be inspired by 10 Cloverfield Lane for a number of reasons. It’s a great setting for roleplaying as it hosts lots of possibilities under reasonable constraints; Playthroughs can vary while maintaining a satisfying conclusion. That and I enjoyed the movie, especially John Goodman’s performance. I do recommend the Keeper (re-)watch the first act before beginning.

One of the unique challenges hosting this scenario is in roleplaying both Howard and Ellard. They are both motivated to earn Michelle’s trust, and erode her trust in the other. The Keeper plays both sides in a complex duet. If the Keeper is good at impressions or accents, that can serve to queue the Player as to which character is speaking. Otherwise, I recommend holding up different colored pens in each hand to indicate which of the two NPC’s is speaking in a fast exchange. This can be a good mnemonic device even for the Keeper.

This scenario takes place in Arkansas, though the location can be moved around, and in the film it is originally Louisiana. We join the story during the summer of 2015, amidst the outbreak of a sudden electrical storm. Our protagonist Michelle, is leaving her prior life behind when she finds herself caught in the downpour. After crashing her vehicle and receiving a concussion, Michelle awakes to find herself in a strange man’s bunker. Her first instinct is to get out.

#2 sasori

sasori

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:06 PM

One way to get feedback is to join the Cult of Chaos, and post it there.

#3 Maaack

Maaack

Neophyte

• 7 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:48 PM

One way to get feedback is to join the Cult of Chaos, and post it there.

I joined this morning. The main forum seems entirely focused on the "A Time For Harvest" campaign. "The Chaos Library" sub-forum seems appropriate, but quiet. I'll still give it a shot.

#4 nclarke

nclarke

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • LocationSunny South Coast

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:03 PM

Well AttH is the current Chaosium Organised Play campaign so I'd expect that to be heavily featured but I think there are also a number of other scenarios that folks have pitched there. Also you might want to check BRP Central to see if there are any there (Chaosium use that as the forum for their games).

#5 wombat1

wombat1

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:54 PM

There are usually people on this site who are willing to read and critique things.  I usually am though at the moment I am a bit taken up with other things at this exact moment so it will take me some while to do so.

#6 Maaack

Maaack

Neophyte

• 7 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:45 PM

I posted my draft to the Chaos Library (https://basicrolepla...-chaos-library/)

If you have access to it, then here is the link to the thread:
https://basicrolepla...eld-lane-draft/

And thanks for the suggestions!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Modern, New to Cthulhu