Photo
- - - - -

Horror movies adapted to Call of Cthulhu?

Film

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 vonkeitz

vonkeitz

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:07 PM

DeUniversumMysteriis, as for your spoiler, I did the same, effectively trapping the character's on-site. I also wove in a totally cool (if I say so myself) little known series of historical events into the story, more than a red herring, like a school of red herrings. Took place in Detroit, 1950.

CofC addict since 1986.

#22 DeUniversumMysteriis

DeUniversumMysteriis

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:08 PM

DeUniversumMysteriis, as for your spoiler, I did the same, effectively trapping the character's on-site. I also wove in a totally cool (if I say so myself) little known series of historical events into the story, more than a red herring, like a school of red herrings. Took place in Detroit, 1950.

Creepy historical events are always a cool addition to a story. :D

#23 Graham

Graham

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:33 AM

I'm intrigued about the mysterious events you hint at, could you summarize them?

Getting back to films that could be adapted into plots, here is another 'fishman on the loose film' which has, cultists, fishemen and the added bonus of the sight of James Earl Jones in a wetsuit...

Blood Tide

http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_al_tt_1

"If you do good, you'll live forever, if you do bad you'll die hearing a single note for I am the one true sound...", Fragment found in a cult hideout.

#24 DeUniversumMysteriis

DeUniversumMysteriis

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:53 AM

I watched 400 Days on Netflix yesterday.

Not really a horror film (rather a thriller) but I think it can be turned into a nice one-shot adventure for Cthulhu Icarus.

Here is the plot :

The story takes place nowadays, after that private companies gained the possibility to have their own space travel programs.

Such company, Kepler Industries, has hired four people but not for a space mission. Instead, they will perform a simulation of a deep-space travel. They get inside a fake spaceshift with all the confort and features needed that has been buried underground to cut them from the world. They will have to stay 400 days inside, living together and reacting to every "curve ball" and surprises the Control Center will create. The goal is to test their skills and abilities before they can be sent on a real space mission.

However (spoiler)

Spoiler

I have a few idea about how to turn this into a Cthulhu game... Maybe a multi-sessions one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Film