Photo
- - - - -

Getting your stuff direct from Chaosium.com - four reasons why!

CoC 7e Publisher Sell Press Release

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Necrothesp

Necrothesp

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:01 PM

Frankly, this being the 21st century, the PDF should come free with the hard copy book. Shouldn't matter where you buy it. Paying inflated rates for a "free" PDF isn't really acceptable. We're paying enough for the physical books these days, without paying extra for a PDF.

See my blog on all things legal in CoC: The Law of Cthulhu

#22 UncleRiotous

UncleRiotous

Master

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:31 AM

I was just wondering, how does getting a pdf work if you buy a physical book from a convention?

#23 nclarke

nclarke

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationSunny South Coast

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:45 AM

Generally, for many UK RPG publishers, the booth staff ask for your email address . At least that's how it's done at most cons even at the huge UK Games Expo (which is about the same size as Origins Stateside, c25000 people). If the booth is a reseller then this may not work but I tend to patronise the Publisher direct anyway as getting a 'free' pdf is better (for me) than any small discount via a reseller or Amazon.

I generally have preordered stuff from Chaosium and received the pdf first and the hard copy later via the mail rather than picked something up via their booth though.

#24 UncleRiotous

UncleRiotous

Master

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:29 PM

Generally, for many UK RPG publishers, the booth staff ask for your email address . At least that's how it's done at most cons even at the huge UK Games Expo (which is about the same size as Origins Stateside, c25000 people). If the booth is a reseller then this may not work but I tend to patronise the Publisher direct anyway as getting a 'free' pdf is better (for me) than any small discount via a reseller or Amazon.

I generally have preordered stuff from Chaosium and received the pdf first and the hard copy later via the mail rather than picked something up via their booth though.

Thanks.  I was pondering buying some stuff at Dragonmeet this year and wondered about how that would work.

#25 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

Yes, Pelgrane do that too.

Come read about Dreamhounds of Paris actually being played.

The Armitage Files, now with added Ennie Award.
Cthulhu Britannica: London Box Set, now with Golden Geek runner-up award.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CoC 7e, Publisher, Sell, Press Release