• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 SJE

SJE

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:52 PM

So much for the Frenchie in pt 3- they snuck up on him as he listened to Debussey and a stool to the back of the head (1d6 damage) got an Extreme hit, and did 10 pts of damage, basically braining him and knocking him out. Then a lot of successful sneak rolls happened and they snuck back out again, no one the wiser. San loss really hasnt been a problem so far, with most of them at starting levels. Lucks taken some attrition. Onto the Scott Dorward scenario next, and I am looking forward to running it.

Heh, one other small editing mistake- as much as I appreciate the Gygaxian antecedents of a wandering harlot table, on the Random Soho encounter table of p.115, it instructs to roll a d10, but only has entries 1-6 marked.

Running Curse of Nineveh. Survivor of Horror on the Orient Express @ GenCon2013. Keepered Beyond the Lighthouse of Madness, Shadows of Yog Sothoth: Fight Club, and Innsmouth, Masks of Nyarlathotep in London, World War Cthulhu - Saint Cernouf Sandbox

#22 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:12 PM

The Police have taken away my gun which is most unfair. I was exonerated of killing all three of those people.

Come read about Dreamhounds of Paris actually being played.

The Armitage Files, now with added Ennie Award.
Cthulhu Britannica: London Box Set, now with Golden Geek runner-up award.

#23 ragr

ragr

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:48 PM

Your group have guns? Heck, mine have to make do with frying pans, a cricket bat, Mother Fist and a sharply worded rhetorical question.

You've never seen a bunch of posh club toffs move so fast than when they heard the rattle of Mr Tommy Gun in the building above the basement. 

#24 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:58 PM

I was in the War you see. But I had a gun, and I'm starting to miss it, especially in South London.

#25 ragr

ragr

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:58 AM

Oh, yeah. Croydon. :x

#26 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:31 PM

Upper Norwood isn't really Croydon. I live in the area and some of the geography is a bit confusing. I've been offering helpful information to our GM who is very gracious in his incorporating it into the game.

#27 UncleRiotous

UncleRiotous

Master

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:43 PM

I'm running my game in a function room in a pub in Croydon. I'm really looking forward to chapter five.

I did some research on Bethlem last week before starting chapter three and was a bit disappointed that the author obviously hadn't done.

#28 DadsAngry

DadsAngry

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, GA

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:50 PM

If you look in the supplement "Taint of Madness" it has a map of Bethlem and some background of the facility.

#29 UncleRiotous

UncleRiotous

Master

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

Yeah it's a great source it just cut completely against the scenario which feels like the author took a sanitarium adventure amd labelled it Bethlem.

#30 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

I was disappointed that they no longer rent you a stick. James Tilly Matthews, he of the Air Loom Gang, is my favourite former patient. He even put in a design for a new hospital.

#31 SJE

SJE

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

Upper Norwood isn't really Croydon. I live in the area and some of the geography is a bit confusing. I've been offering helpful information to our GM who is very gracious in his incorporating it into the game.

*Gives my GM death glare*
Running Curse of Nineveh. Survivor of Horror on the Orient Express @ GenCon2013. Keepered Beyond the Lighthouse of Madness, Shadows of Yog Sothoth: Fight Club, and Innsmouth, Masks of Nyarlathotep in London, World War Cthulhu - Saint Cernouf Sandbox

#32 Helen

Helen

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 695 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:25 PM

I'll be running at least part of Chapter 4 on Saturday. Any advice? It's the chapter I'm feeling least confident with.
"I like weird. It's all I've got. That and my sweet style."

#33 christian

christian

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:08 PM

Has anyone put forward a compilation of the NPC portraits from Curse of Nineveh, perchance?

christian lehmann

#34 UncleRiotous

UncleRiotous

Master

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:11 AM

I've done character portraits but only as far as chapter 3 so far. When I'm at home tonight I'll try to post what I've got.

#35 christian

christian

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:29 AM

Thanks

christian lehmann

#36 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:32 PM

SJE has put ours on index cards so we can add notes and scribble on their faces when they die.

#37 UncleRiotous

UncleRiotous

Master

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

I've put the portraits for the first three chapters in a zip on my Dropbox.  I set them up so you can print them, fold them and drop them over the Keeper's screen.

https://www.dropbox....traits.zip?dl=0

#38 christian

christian

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:43 PM

Thanks !

Great work, thank you so much

christian lehmann

#39 SJE

SJE

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:56 PM

So Catland escalated fast today- two PC's wound up in Tooting's Saint George Hospital from (different) feline damage at the start of the scenario. GBSteve's occultist Major made me smile when he Critted a certain POW roll - i looked at the text and thought it was too harsh to jump straight into- so he had a a weird dream of pouncing and hunting and swallowing and the next morning couldnt find his little dog. And woke up with cat eyes. He had choices along the way, but wound up going full Cat... and aceding to certain inhuman demands made of him, so while he didnt die, he no longer remained a PC by the end of the evening! Sometimes you dont go mad and die in Cthulhu- sometimes its even worse to crit rather than fail a roll! Very enjoyable scenario - kudo's to Scott for writing it. As the reality progressed to level 3, I played a YouTube cat meow video which is amongst the most disturbing sound track I've ever had in a game- the constant sound of cats purring, yowling and squalling.

#40 UncleRiotous

UncleRiotous

Master

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:16 AM

That sounds awesome. Really looking forward to that chapter.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jazz Age