• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nemo235

Nemo235

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:42 PM

Waaaay back in 2007 I started a list here on Yog of everything published for CoC at that time.

I also seem to remember there was a similar database already here on the site, but cannot seem to find it now.

I was just curious as to where that may have disappeared.

Also, does anyone have a detailed description of the first print of the first edition. Like, the color of ink, flyers and ads, paper or card covers, any tiny identifiers that would identify a first print.

I recently bought a 2" box set on eBay, and would like to confirm it is one of the early or first prints of the game.

I don't even know if there were multiple prints of the 2" box set. Just curious.

Thanks everyone!

Please check out my Deviant Art gallery at:
http://nemo235.deviantart.com/gallery/

#2 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,553 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:28 PM

Much of that information has since been integrated into the CthulhuWiki.

The 2" deep Call of Cthulhu boxed sets were all 1st prints, 2nd prints onwards were in shallower boxes.

"Never be cruel, never be cowardly. Remember – hate is always foolish and love is always wise. Always try to be nice and never fail to be kind."

– Doctor Who

#3 rmeints

rmeints

Chaosium Inc.

• Publisher
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:48 PM

Chaosium did a single printing (5000 copies) of the First Edition 2" deep box set for Call of Cthulhu (CHA2009-X)

#4 TheHistorian

TheHistorian

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:42 AM

There is also a limited edition of 200 signed/numbered/inscribed by Sandy. I wouldn't be surprised if those 200 were culled from the original lot of 5000.

#5 rmeints

rmeints

Chaosium Inc.

• Publisher
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:56 PM

The Designer's Edition, which is the 200 copies of the 2" box set were indeed part of that 5000 copy print run. Chaosium did a lot of its own collation of boxed sets and they had their own shrink-wrap machine.

While Chaosium referred to the Designer's Edition as 2009-DX, the box has the 2009-X product code on it. Sandy autographed and did the X of 200 numbering on the back of the box, towards the top.

#6 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,553 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:04 PM

While Chaosium referred to the Designer's Edition as 2009-DX, the box has the 2009-X product code on it. Sandy autographed and did the X of 200 numbering on the back of the box, towards the top.

Yep, signed on the back by Sandy.

call-of-cthulhu-designers-edition.jpg

"Never be cruel, never be cowardly. Remember – hate is always foolish and love is always wise. Always try to be nice and never fail to be kind."

– Doctor Who

#7 TheHistorian

TheHistorian

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:56 PM

Signed and numbered and inscribed inside in the main rulebook as well!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CoC 1-6e, Collector, Publisher