190 replies to this topic

#21 Nick Storm

Nick Storm

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA - In the cool, dark earthen floor. USA

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:25 PM

Jeff, if you love Lovecraft, then this will be a momentous pilgrimage for you. Unforgettable, for those entranced with the man and his work.

I'll offer to give you - or anyone here on the Yog, a guided tour of Lovecraft's Providence. Either 1.5 hours walking or vehicle. Including Swan point. 

'Sure, as long as the machines are working and you can dial 911, But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, you scare the shyte out of them, no more rules. You'll see how primitive they can get' . 

#22 AdamAlexander

AdamAlexander

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:36 PM

It's worth it! Also, I just had an email exchange with Sean at HPLHS and he said they have been asked to give two live performances. Their shows were the highlight of the trip for me at Necronomicon 2015.

#23 Mograg

Mograg

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

I'll be at Necronomicon Providence 2017.  I am not lodging, since I live about an hour away and will make the commute each day.  A bit of a long ride, but it's the cheaper option for me.

#24 JeffErwin

JeffErwin

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationMonterey, California

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:58 PM

Jeff, if you love Lovecraft, then this will be a momentous pilgrimage for you. Unforgettable, for those entranced with the man and his work.

I'll offer to give you - or anyone here on the Yog, a guided tour of Lovecraft's Providence. Either 1.5 hours walking or vehicle. Including Swan point. 

That's a marvelous offer. I'll message you closer to August.

#25 carpocratian

carpocratian

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:09 PM

Does anyone know if S.T. Joshi will be there?

#26 Nick Storm

Nick Storm

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:23 PM

Does anyone know if S.T. Joshi will be there?

Good question. I hope so, but I have a weird feeling (get, it...weird) that he and Bob Price just may be awol. I sincerely hope I am wrong on both accounts.

'Sure, as long as the machines are working and you can dial 911, But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, you scare the shyte out of them, no more rules. You'll see how primitive they can get' . 

#27 MikeM

MikeM

Chaosium Inc.

• Publisher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:07 PM

Chaosium is planning to have a booth in the trade hall. We are also encouraging Cult of Chaos members (and anyone else) to register to run Call of Cthulhu games in the gaming areas - run enough games and you get free entry to the event.

Game registration is live now - make sure, if you're a member of the Cult of Chaos, to also register with Todd.

Nick and I should be there, so please come by to get books signed and say hi. 

Mike M, Line Editor for Call of Cthulhu, Chaosium Inc.

#28 carpocratian

carpocratian

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:31 PM

Game registration at the convention is open now?  I don't see it on the website.

#29 sasori

sasori

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:17 PM

Registration for GMs is up here: https://docs.google...._requested=true

I had to root around on facebook to find the link though.

Dunno about player reg yet.

Edited by sasori, 02 February 2017 - 02:17 PM.

#30 Nick Storm

Nick Storm

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:46 PM

Folks on the fence may want to act quickly, or at least somewhat quickly as it's being reported that almost a 2/3rds of the General passes are sold. So a rough estimate may be @ 200-250 are left. 

Food fer thought.

#31 carpocratian

carpocratian

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:08 PM

Thanks much, Sasori.

#32 gladius

gladius

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationColorado, USA

Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:42 PM

I've been to 4 Necronomicons - 2 in the nineties and the 2 recent ones that Niels and the Arts and Sciences have put on. I was quick enough to score a Gold pass this year.I'd be happy to try to answer any questions that my fellow Yogges have.

Nick - myself and a couple of the other Skype of Cthulhu guys also lucked into Gold passes this year. So we shall meet! Although perhaps hooded and cloaked...

A group of us are staying in an AirBnB. In 2015 WiseWolf and I tried to do a self-guided tour, mostly up by Brown - maybe we'll take you up on the offer of a tour!

#33 Nick Storm

Nick Storm

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:00 AM

Very cool! You guys have been to the last con and know about all the Gold Key perks? The prayer breakfast and the Black Lodge?

We can do the walking tour or use my SUV if you want to really get around and see all the farther stuff - like all the Joseph Curwen farm locations and where he secretly unloaded his unholy cargo on the riverbank. HPL Geography is one of my keen interests.

Finally, you should give Paul here on the Yog a PM and order a 'Yog Sothoth.com' enamel lapel pin. It's a cool tiny pin with an elder sign. All the cool cultist are wearin' em for identification. Had mine on last year and it worked nicely. 

#34 gladius

gladius

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationColorado, USA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:47 PM

Very cool! You guys have been to the last con and know about all the Gold Key perks? The prayer breakfast and the Black Lodge?

We can do the walking tour or use my SUV if you want to really get around and see all the farther stuff - like all the Joseph Curwen farm locations and where he secretly unloaded his unholy cargo on the riverbank. HPL Geography is one of my keen interests.

Finally, you should give Paul here on the Yog a PM and order a 'Yog Sothoth.com' enamel lapel pin. It's a cool tiny pin with an elder sign. All the cool cultist are wearin' em for identification. Had mine on last year and it worked nicely. 

One of our number was a Gold Key last time, and the others are vaguely aware of the other perks, but he has been strangely silent about the details...perhaps sworn to secrecy?

I will talk with the guys about touring, as we get a bit closer to the date. Appreciate the offer, I'm certain we will take you up on something!

WiseWolf and I were both at the Yog meet in 2015 - I had both the pins (patron and regular) but somehow lost one of them (can't remember if it was the blue or the green). Had a nice chat after the meetup in the bar with Paul, Helen, Sandy, and others. Maybe we even met?

Anyway, looking forward to see you and other Yoggies this year.

#35 Timby1name

Timby1name

Master

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:24 PM

I'm going again this year. I went solo to the last one and had great time, especially at the Yoggie meet up (bottom left of the photo). We’ll have to send you new pic Paul. You’ll be with us in spirit and will drink a round to ya.

I’m at the Biltmore this year but I stayed at the Omni last time and it was still very convenient and close by.

I mainly go for the gaming too. My plan is to play but probably bring some scenarios to run too in case we need to make our own fun. Glad to hear Chaosium will be there in full force!

There is also a surprising amount of good food and drink to be had in the easily walk-able neighborhood although you may want to plan ahead when it comes to grabbing a quick bite between games.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

#36 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,399 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:29 PM

I'm going again this year. I went solo to the last one and had great time, especially at the Yoggie meet up (bottom left of the photo). We’ll have to send you new pic Paul. You’ll be with us in spirit and will drink a round to ya.

I will definitely be with you in spirit! I look forward to regular updates about the convention so I can live vicariously through them. :-)

#37 Nick Storm

Nick Storm

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:42 PM

...getting closer.

#38 skaye

skaye

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:44 AM

I'll be staying at the Omni, and splitting a hotel room with my friends from Vermont whose heads certainly don't change colors.

Over on Facebook they announced the final call for Armitage Symposium abstracts on June 5th.

If I can finish the !#$%@ thing, I may have a CoC or DG scenario to run.

#39 gladius

gladius

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationColorado, USA

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:46 PM

If I can finish the !#$%@ thing, I may have a CoC or DG scenario to run.

I'll be running a 4 hour scenario of my own writing, on Sunday from 10am-2pm. They haven't announced the full schedule of gaming yet but they did confirm my game's timeslot with me. "The Heart of Darkness."

#40 Nick Storm

Nick Storm

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:26 PM

Gaming is the absolute hardest thing for me to shoehorn into my timeline - even harder this year with a paper to present. I will be bringing my painted and modded copy of Cthulhu Wars like I did in '15 and hope to have all the new Onslaught II stuff painted up by then. I had about 1.5 hours available to 'game' last Con and Sandy waxed wroth that I packed up my CW and left so soon. I would absolutely leave my copy with someone as long as they vouched for its safety.

Now a *good* LARP...I could be talked into that, perhaps, especially a LATE night one. Good ones are very hard to find though. Maybe someday Sean and Andrew will reset that bar. One can hope (and dream).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Convention