#1 tomkyle

tomkyle

Neophyte

• Patron
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:22 PM

Hi folks at YSDC, 

sorry to bother again with this, but...

Last week I realised that I have no patron access. Last renewal according to PayPal was on 11th November 2016 and the next payment is due on 11th of February 2017. 

I've been a patron since 2013 and these renewal problems started just last year. I think this is the third or fourth time this happened. 

Is there anything I can do to alleviate this problem? 

By the way: The message shown when trying to access the patron only forums contains a link behind the text "Post a message in the META forum about the issue. (No email)". Unfortunately, clicking on the link opens my mail client. Which I find a bit funny. There seems to be a problem with that "contact_admin()" javascript function. 

I hope you can sort out this renewal problem. 

Cheers and keep up the good work, 

Malte

Edited by tomkyle, 22 January 2017 - 07:23 PM.

#2 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,399 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:31 PM

Hi Malte,

Sorry about that. This should be fixed for you now. It's a hiccup that occurs from time to time with PayPal communicating with the web site.

By the way: The message shown when trying to access the patron only forums contains a link behind the text "Post a message in the META forum about the issue. (No email)". Unfortunately, clicking on the link opens my mail client. Which I find a bit funny. There seems to be a problem with that "contact_admin()" javascript function. 

Yes, it's a funny thing. That link is hard coded into the software, leading to blackhole, which is why the link text says to post here instead (as you did)! The obvious answer may seem to be just to change the coding and remove the link entirely but over the years we've learned not to make custom changes to the software because of complications that can arise during upgrades - so we work within the system we have, the best that we can. After four years the site software is due for a major upgrade in 2017 anyway, so hopefully that will provide us with some better options.

Cheers!