Photo
- - - - -

[Short Film] My Lovecraft Adaptation (HYPNOS) won "Best Adaptation Prize" at H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival. See it online now.

Film Online TV

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Flamewall

Flamewall

Neophyte

• 8 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:36 AM

My Short Film "H.P. Lovecrafts Hypnos" won the Best Adaptation Prize at the H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival in Portland. Pretty soon after the win we uploaded the whole thing online for free. In all the hassle I somehow forgot to post it in here. Anyhoo! The mistake has thusly been rectified.

Any feedback is appreciated. I might be working in some other Lovecraft inspired work in the future also and will surely be posting it here if anyone's interested.

You can also read a bit more on the film here:

https://azathotfilm.com/hypnos

#2 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,415 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:44 AM

Really well done, I very much enjoyed that. I liked the way it dealt with the oneiric nature of the subject. Also for me, having it in a language I don't speak also helped give it a further sense of "otherness".

Thank you for sharing this with us.

#3 deuce

deuce

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationSerpent-haunted Ehssi-Keh, beside the Lake of the Mound

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:09 PM

Pretty cool!  I look forward to more of your filmmaking, Flamewall.   B)

#4 Flamewall

Flamewall

Neophyte

• 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:27 PM

Glad you liked it. We had to make a choice between great actors and just someone who could act and speak english. I think we chose correctly.

#5 Robin

Robin

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:22 PM

Rather beautiful, I thought.

Just a comment about the subtitles. 'I don't wanna stay here alone' may be a more precise representation of the spoken words, but 'I don't want to stay here alone' somehow reads better to me. It probably doesn't bother anybody else, but the naturally casual way we normally speak doesn't quite work in subtitles. It didn't spoil anything though, and I'm always happy to read subtitles.

I agree with your call on the actors and language. I enjoyed their performances (it was only a short film, but I felt the characters did actually love one another) and agree with Paul's comment regarding 'otherness.'

The graphics were very good and the changes in lighting gave everything real atmosphere.

Thanks for posting it!

Regards,

Robin

#6 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:11 PM

That was great, but also heartbreaking...*sniff*

Do you play Trail of Cthulhu ? You may find these downloads useful...

The Condensed Rules for Trail of Cthulhu PDF - the rulebook as slim as it can go.

The Enchiridion of Elucidation PDF - a guidebook for both players and Keepers, with advice on playing the game.

#7 Flamewall

Flamewall

Neophyte

• 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:48 PM

You're perfectly right about the subtitles Robin. I don't even tell you what kind of translation errors there we're in the early Film Festival screenings (random Finnish language fact: translation error = käännöskukkanen = translation flower)

And sorry for your heart Tony. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Film, Online, TV