36 replies to this topic

#21 carpocratian

carpocratian

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:44 AM

A Dr. Henry Armitage, Mr. Shrewsbury, and Professor Gladius from Miskatonic University conspired to send me an invitation to an adventure in Antarctica.  Though the expedition sounds interesting, I feel a certain sense of dread after viewing the disturbing artefacts they included with the letter.  I feel that I must go - an opportunity for such an adventure comes along only rarely - but fear the effects on my sanity from the blasphemous knowledge I may acquire.

(To my Secret Shoggoth - thank you VERY much!  The gift is wonderful!)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0556.JPG
  • IMG_0557.JPG
  • IMG_0558.JPG

#22 CthulhuBob

CthulhuBob

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationMissoula, Montana

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:23 PM

Oh mysterious, monstrous, glutinous mass of hideous plasticity, forming and un-forming hundreds of various sizes of hideous eyes and mouths of gnashing teeth!  I beseech thee, hear my ecstatic howls of foul joy!

Unholy spoor!  This tome is a delightful curse upon my irrevocably damned mind and spirit!  Indeed, I am one who was willing to receive an item crafted by cold and pasty hands, or an unholy simulation of hands.

I rejoice in the knowledge that as I touch pen to paper, if paper indeed is the substance of these pages, the symbols shall be not my own, but merely a tracing of the eons-old, fowl truths of the howling abysses of hideous, stygian depths of madness.
--
Awesome item man.  I keep in-character journals so it’ll be well used and loved.  Do me a favor?  Message me, as I’d like to discuss purchasing these.

I won’t even pretend to have tried to wait ‘till the Stars Are Right.  They’re Right enough.

Iä!

Iä!
MisCon 31, 26th-29th of May, 2017
www.miscon.org

#23 Breon

Breon

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON, Canada

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:03 AM

I do believe Ithaqua heard my lament, for the very next day a bulky, worse-for-wear parcel arrived at my doorstep from far-flung Bermuda, of Triangle and Shorts fame!

iQnBvlV.jpg

(Address blurred to protect the innocent.)

What mysteries await inside? Tune in next time, faithful reader, for the exciting conclusion of
The Delivery from the North Atlantic!!!

#24 Aklo

Aklo

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:44 PM

Oh my! A Bermuda triangle package! I certainty hope the contents survived the jostling of unfamiliar dimensions intact!

The Optimist in me says we live in the best of all possible worlds...The Pessimist in me believes this is true.

#25 Judgetrev

Judgetrev

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:26 AM

My secret shoggoth astounded me with this generous offering! Seriously, I have been coveting those films from the HPLHS for some time now. Thank you so much, you have made me very happy indeed!

I am looking forward to pouring over the library of historical documents you included. Amazing.
Thank you

IMG_20161222_221922.jpg

#26 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,382 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:15 AM

Wow, that is an extremely generous Shoggoth indeed!

The Sears Roebuck catalogue would be too dangerous in our group's hands.

#27 Marilyse

Marilyse

Neophyte

• Patron
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 09:42 PM

It's Yithmas! Time to unwrap this eldrich package!

Many thanks for the book, Blowing up the movies, looks like a nice read and might get me into FS. Never tried that system...

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0734.JPG

Edited by Marilyse, 26 December 2016 - 12:46 AM.

#28 BrianL

BrianL

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:34 PM

My gift arrived from my Secret Shoggoth today, too. Thank you, whoever - or whatever - you might be!

I'm going to try not to open it between now and the big day, but I might have to do so. You know, for reasons...

Well, I managed to last until the big day. Thanks to my Secret Shoggoth for this lovely leather-bound journal!

41f492509e38255d4e634a5f169860c4.jpg
Omnia exeunt in mysterium. | G+

#29 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,382 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:40 PM

The mysterious contents of the world-spanning packages were finally revealed to me!

ss-11-gifts-received-wrapped-innsmouth-house.jpg

They consisted of:

Ghost Stories of an Antiquary (vol. 1). A graphic collection of short stories by M.R. James, adapted by Leah Moore and John Reppion (published by Self Made Hero).

Dark Entries. The first collection of Robert Aickman's "strange stories", originally published in 1964 with the new re-issue by Faber & Faber (Neil Gaiman is a fan).

My Secret Shoggoth obviously knows of my sweet tooth, with the inclusion of a bar of organic milk chocolate made by the master chocolatiers of Edinburgh. It must be consumed by November 2017 (challenge accepted)... ;-)

secret-shoggoth-11-poc-01.jpg

The very generous gifts were concealed within wonderful wrapping paper depicting Stanford's General Map of the World.

secret-shoggoth-11-poc-02.jpg

- and there was much admiration around the Yuletide table for the fine penmanship found within the enclosed card.

secret-shoggoth-11-poc-03.jpg

Thank you, oh Secret Shoggoth!

#30 Aklo

Aklo

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:32 AM

Also managed to wait till the dreaded day!

And I found my Shoggoth had gifted me with a handsome new RPG system intended for use in the Iron Age; Hillfolk!

82a390bc8a90067620f5f6ea763c317c_origina

880cc970e5043a2999e227b32c81cf3e_origina

A richly illustrated and lavishly presented gem I'd not stumbled across yet, it was most appreciated! Thank You Secret Shoggie!

Edited by Aklo, 27 December 2016 - 03:33 AM.

The Optimist in me says we live in the best of all possible worlds...The Pessimist in me believes this is true.

#31 carnage_lee

carnage_lee

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:55 AM

I too managed to wait until the appointed time before unwrapping the gifts sent from my Secret Shoggoth and was richly rewarded.

Letters to Lovecraft is now at the top of my reading pile and I'm really looking forward to delving into this collection of stories inspired by quotes in HPL's writings.

The Art of the Lord of the Rings is a fantastic book detailing the sketches and maps made by Tolkein as he wrote his fantasy epic - I've only had a chance to flick through this but it does seen to go into a lot of detail and has a lot of sketches that were never published.

Thank you very much Secret Shoggoth!

SSXI.png

Seeds of Doom - plot generator

@TheDholesHouse - news and updates

#32 PaulFricker

PaulFricker

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:37 AM

Thank you Secret Shoggoth! Wanted to read 'Men, women and chainsaws' for a long time. Also for The Evil Clergyman DVD.

The Good Friends of Jackson Elias : a Podcast about Call of Cthulhu.

#33 Breon

Breon

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON, Canada

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:54 PM

The Delivery from the North Atlantic, Part 2:

A fit of madness must have overcome me as I gazed at the mysterious parcel, for next I knew, the battered envelope from across the vast gulf of the sea was open and contents splayed out across my kitchen table: two eldritch tomes and a hand-written missive!

89eJZZB.jpg

The books included are: Bermuda's Favourite Haunts, by John Cox, Mac Musson, and Joan Skinner, a collection of illustrated ghost stories from the Devil's Isles; and Sleep No More by LTC Rolt, a series of supernatural tales set against the backdrop of railways and canals.

1ayF2gk.jpg?1

Inside the envelope was a greeting card wishing me a Great Shogmas, and a second mystery -- a USB key, the contents of which are too horrific to describe! But I will do so anyhow. The drive contains an assortment of music, sound effects, PDFs, and other documents, all of which have a Call of Cthulhu to some degree.

All told, it was a very cool and thoughtful gift indeed.

Thanks so much, Karloff Secret Shuggoth!

Edited by Breon, 29 December 2016 - 04:55 PM.

#34 DrDarkspeed

DrDarkspeed

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron+
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:28 PM

I opened my mysterious box and found some equally mysterious dice and a stygian pencil that filled me with dread.

Thanks, Secret Shoggoth!

#35 fluffy

fluffy

Breakfast Clubber

• Innsmouth House Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:51 PM

Gosh, just got back. In so many ways.

I opened my Secret Shogmas present on the appointed day. It being a small gold box carved with the eye of Horus.
It released a fragrance of honey and almonds, I felt faint and sank back on the cushions.

Waking, I heard scratching and opened my eyes thinking Rufus was somehow locked out of the room.
But no, not my cat but seven pairs of small twinkly red eyes gazed at my slight movement from the darkness. I tried to rise but found myself unable to move. No chains bound me, nor ropes, but I was unable move a muscle. Only my eyes could move, seemingly so that I could experience the show.
Onward they came, and there must have been more out of my sight for the sounds were all around.

Sharply, a door opened behind me and someone shuffled in. Light coming from the opened door frightened the scratchers and they scattered.
'Hello, little one', it was a deep voice, with a gentle edge, ' You can wake up now, we are ready to begin the celebrations'.
I felt movement coming back to me, some pins and needles at first but gradually I could tell all was well and I tried to move.
'Now come with me, first you will need some food I wager'.

It seemed that I moved as in a dream, following what appeared to be a large bipedal animal with a shambling gait, a person in fancy dress perhaps. Moving into the light it turned, my eyes widened, I could not believe what I was seeing. This . . . Creature was hideous, obscene in its non normalcy, I screamed, or started to. Then I realised that my mouth wasn't there. So goggle eyed I followed it compulsively for some way until we reached a table. As I was made to sit at the table a human sized insectoid dressed in white came over with a huge syringe. I couldn't ask what it was for but I could guess.

Suddenly a gash opened in reality and a hand grabbed me before the blasphemous creatures could stop it.
Then I was in my own front room again, the box in front of me with a note.

Sorry, forgot to clean it properly, Whoops.
Happy Shogmas

Well, thank you Secret Shoggoth. Please come to see me at visiting times.
Always carry a sturdy safety pin

#36 Munchezuma

Munchezuma

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationLemont, Pennsylvania

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:14 PM

I am woefully overdue in posting a thank you for my now opened package. I did manage to hold off until Christmas morning, and I believe the gift from my Secret Shoggoth was the final gift of Christmas morning. It was an absolutely lovely and rare antiquity from the vaults of BPRD. It is the Key to St Dunstan's Box, and it is wonderful gift.

Thank you, Secret Shoggoth!

#37 ClarenceColeman

ClarenceColeman

Breakfast Clubber

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:46 PM

My Secret Shoggoth gift arrived a good bit ahead of the holidays. I had my wife open it and she confirmed it was tentacle-related. It was opened on Christmas morning which is also my birfday. It is a very clever book suitable for all ages and times. I've what read it along with my six year old. I love it, and thank you, Secret Shoggoth!

Attached Thumbnails

• WP_20170122_21_35_34_Rich.jpg