#21 Taavi

Taavi

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts
  • LocationPnakotus, Australia

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:00 AM

Thank you again for all the suggestions! I found a copy of Adventurer at annarchive.com. The Severn Valley campaign looks great, especially as I was already bringing in the Revelations of Glaaki as a metaplot, but it might be too long/intense for my irregularly-meeting group. But I will definitely mine it for ideas; I love the core conceit of Glaaki creating Brichester.

"Brainstorming DG/COC things without you would be like trying to hunt badgers with a borzoi." - Panchakahq Avatar from Habitica.com. RPGamify your life today!

#22 Graham

Graham

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

Glad to hear you were able to find a copy of the magazine. If you do make use of the scenario, please add your notes to the wiki for future players. I look forward to the campaign writeup if you do one.

"If you do good, you'll live forever, if you do bad you'll die hearing a single note for I am the one true sound...", Fragment found in a cult hideout.

#23 Taavi

Taavi

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:48 PM

I have started to writeup the campaign on my yog blog: http://www.yog-sotho...-first-session/

"Brainstorming DG/COC things without you would be like trying to hunt badgers with a borzoi." - Panchakahq Avatar from Habitica.com. RPGamify your life today!

#24 Bibbly

Bibbly

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:03 PM

Where are the printed scenarios for Bookhounds of London. I could easily see myself buying a book of 5 curious tomes to hunt out at great personal risk :)

#25 Taavi

Taavi

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:17 AM

The biggest challenge I have found so far is placing a bookhounds spin on published scenarios: making sure it's about making a profit, not (necessarily) solving the mystery.

#26 Vladd

Vladd

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationNorthamptonshire UK

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:36 PM

What was the scenario called that involved a house inheritance with a selection of old books, and a homicidal uncle that was trying to kill off the family? This could be amended to the house being left to a npc instead of one of the players and the bookhounds have to help the heir survive so they can help the heir dispose of the old books in the house.

#27 Taavi

Taavi

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:14 AM

What was the scenario called that involved a house inheritance with a selection of old books, and a homicidal uncle that was trying to kill off the family? This could be amended to the house being left to a npc instead of one of the players and the bookhounds have to help the heir survive so they can help the heir dispose of the old books in the house.

That sounds like a great one to run... anyone know what it is?

#28 nclarke

nclarke

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationSunny South Coast

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:21 AM

Was it The Books of Uncle Silas or something very like that?

#29 Vladd

Vladd

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationNorthamptonshire UK

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:26 AM

Was it The Books of Uncle Silas or something very like that?

That's the one, thank you.

Here it is,
https://www.yog-soth..._of_Uncle_Silas

#30 Bibbly

Bibbly

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:54 PM

WOW thanks thats more than I had even hoped for. I woulda said thanks earlier but I've been scouring the universe for some of the suggestions. Thanks again :) Im going to cut my teeth on the Kingsbury murders in Cleveland 1938 then branch out. Im guessing three 4 hour sessions ought to do it. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jazz Age, Pulp