• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 gloomhound

gloomhound

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:35 PM

This Secret Shoggoth board is a lot quieter than in years past. Fewer helpful hints, only one person so far with a received gift. Yes I know it is the early days still, but it does seem much less "vocal" that it has been in the past.

It does seem to be quieter, not sure why that is.

#42 carpocratian

carpocratian

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:37 AM

It seems pretty early (to me) for people to already be receiving gifts, but this is my first time participating.  I know that I'm still gathering the stuff together. 

#43 Aklo

Aklo

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:09 PM

I can make a recommendation to those shipping in the US: if you are shipping a book, CD, DVD or other media, make sure to use the USPS Media Mail rate - it cut my costs down to around four dollars from above 10.

Excellent advice Galbraith!  Its saved me a lot of trouble in the past.

Happy Solstice greetings everyone! Even though the deadline for sending my gift is Friday, I've just bundled the strange package for shipping, it DOES feel quite early for seasonal activities, maybe we've just been too busy this year.

I recommend many a carol, scary ghost stories, and decking of halls this weekend, if your not in that seasonal mood, its time to summon the spirits as it were! ;)

The Optimist in me says we live in the best of all possible worlds...The Pessimist in me believes this is true.

#44 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,416 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:48 AM

A quick reminder. Today is the last day for posting your Shoggoth gifts! :-)

#45 Helen

Helen

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 695 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:12 PM

There are 13 people I have not yet heard from. If you've sent and not told me please drop me a message!

Thanks,

Helen

"I like weird. It's all I've got. That and my sweet style."

#46 carpocratian

carpocratian

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:03 AM

I can't ship until Monday (day after tomorrow here in the U.S.).  The Post Office is closed tomorrow and the last item just arrived today (I was expecting it on Friday).  I have it packed and ready to go, though.

My Secret Shoggoth is here in the U.S., too, so it should only take a couple of days to arrive.

#47 Breon

Breon

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON, Canada

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:50 AM

For what it's worth, I have yet to receive anything here, so if you're reading this, my dear Secret Shoggoth, your parcel has yet to arrive in snowy Toronto.

Or maybe Ithaqua got to it first. :8E:

#48 Karloff

Karloff

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:09 PM

To my Shoggoth: did you try to send something from North Star Publishing via Fedex? 'Cos it's done gone wrong in a big way. I got a message from Fedex last night requesting more information, but I can't get through to them on the phone. I think Fedex is convinced I live in the States. Anyhoo, I could really use that Fedex waybill # if I'm going to sort this out my end.
Ephemera: where I talk about books and games.