#24 BrianL

BrianL

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:52 AM

Sounds great to me. I'd definitely pick up a copy.
Omnia exeunt in mysterium. | G+

#25 Shimmin Beg

Shimmin Beg

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 02:05 PM

Glad to see people are interested!

I've PMd Val and Marty to see if they can fill in some gaps.  I am having a mental blank on how to find SteveD - can anyone help?

#26 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,392 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:38 PM

He is TheScientist.

#27 Nellkyn

Nellkyn

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron+
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationDurham

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:00 AM

Another one here who'd be interested in seeing the book, particularly as I never seem to be able to get along. Perhaps next year?

Edited by Nellkyn, 01 November 2016 - 01:09 PM.

#28 Munchezuma

Munchezuma

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationLemont, Pennsylvania

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:17 PM

I, too, would be interested in a copy.

#29 Shimmin Beg

Shimmin Beg

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:36 PM

General update:

It seems that Roger and Paul's homebrew scenarios are probably all the currently-unpublished material, though I've not had confirmation yet of all the other scenarios.

I've asked Roger to look over his notes when he has time.  Paul, if you ever have a chance in your hectic schedule and are able to dig up the pyramid scenario, that would be great.

I think a lot of the recipes are secrets of the Jopson family, so I'll have to wait and see if they're willing to divulge them - haven't heard anything back from Marty yet.

#30 Shimmin Beg

Shimmin Beg

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:41 PM

I'm still interested in putting this together, but haven't had much luck getting hold of material and I'm shy of nagging people (especially those I don't know).  I know everyone's busy.

If anyone has something they'd like to offer for a compilation please get in touch.  

I've not heard back from SteveD or Marty unfortunately.

#31 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,392 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:45 PM

I suspect it's something that could come together in the longer term.

Will you be at YSDC Games Day this year? We could discuss it in more detail over a drink and a bite to eat. :-)

#32 MartyJopson

MartyJopson

Breakfast Clubber

• YSDC Studio
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

Sorry - I have not responded. I don't have anything I created myself, just things I pulled from other sources. It has been a long time since I generated any scenarios myself. 

*** My new book: The Science of Food ***

#33 FreddieF

FreddieF

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDurham, UK

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

I'm still happy to contribute something to this - I can cook up a new scenario if necessary.

I'm hoping to make it to YSDC Games Day this year - looking forward to tickets going on sale in the not too distant future.

Paul, if you need a GM, I would be happy to run a game.

The Keepers of the Woods for Trail of Cthulhu is available now - download it here.

Those Within for Call of Cthulhu 7e - coming to a convention near you soon...

@freddiefoulds ; Visit my blog: Arcana Obscura

#34 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,392 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:51 PM

Paul, if you need a GM, I would be happy to run a game.

People love your games, yes please.  :-) Thank you.

Tickets will go on sale over the summer, and the date remains fixed as the last Saturday in September (for 2017 that's the last day of the month, the 30th).

#35 Shimmin Beg

Shimmin Beg

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:09 PM

I suspect it's something that could come together in the longer term.

Will you be at YSDC Games Day this year? We could discuss it in more detail over a drink and a bite to eat. :-)

I certainly hope to make it - wouldn't miss it for the world.  This plan sounds excellent to me.  I endorse it wholeheartedly.

Sorry - I have not responded. I don't have anything I created myself, just things I pulled from other sources. It has been a long time since I generated any scenarios myself. 

That's good to know, thanks for confirming.  Am I right in thinking that your clan are responsible for the various exciting cakes?  The idea of including recipes from Games Day seemed quite popular (and I would certainly enjoy testing them).

I'm still happy to contribute something to this - I can cook up a new scenario if necessary.

Thanks, I'd actually be happy to include a version of Trees if you're okay with that.

A new scenario might also be welcome.  One idea that did drift into my head is to try and put together a Games Day-themed scenario!

"You're travelling to the small town of Market Blycastle, for the annual meeting-up of the Door to Saturn, a site for fans of weird fiction and gaming.  Accommodation being scarce this year, you are putting up at the Pride Inn, a small hotel on the outskirts of the village of Branby, a few miles to the east."

Yes, it is along similar lines to Legs, although I wasn't thinking of having you play yourselves or basing it in the hotel.  I did think that having the PCs be fans of investigative horror games would make them ideally predisposed to go and investigate some weird things they see, initially viewing it as all good fun.  There are more notes, but I don't want to just dump it in here and derail the thread.  It's very rudimentary so I'm happy for anyone else to chip in.

I should probably try to finish one of the other four or five scenarios I'm working on first though!

#36 Pookie

Pookie

Greater Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

If you need a editor for the project, I would be happy to contribute my services.

Pookie -- Editor & Reviewer; Editor for Sixtystone Press

See http://rlyehreviews.blogspot.com/ for reviews
"Home again, home again, Yiggety Yig... Goo-ood evening, Quetzalcoatl."

#37 Shimmin Beg

Shimmin Beg

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:00 PM

If you need a editor for the project, I would be happy to contribute my services.

That would be absolutely great, thank you Pookie.

#38 RogerBW

RogerBW

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Locationnear London, UK

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:23 PM

I've asked Roger to look over his notes when he has time.  Paul, if you ever have a chance in your hectic schedule and are able to dig up the pyramid scenario, that would be great.

I'm still here, just horribly busy (and now I've actually seen this thread). Could you remind me of just how you'd like to see the notes converted/etc.?

Role-playing: Tekeli-li including podcast "Improvised Radio Theatre - With Dice" and the new home of Whartson Hall Gamers
3d printing for boardgames, RPGs, etc.

#39 FreddieF

FreddieF

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDurham, UK

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

Thanks, I'd actually be happy to include a version of Trees if you're okay with that.

A new scenario might also be welcome. 

I can certainly pull together a version of Keepers of the Woods for CoC 7th edition. 

I can always pull out my scenario commonplace book and have a look for ideas for a new scenario too.

The Keepers of the Woods for Trail of Cthulhu is available now - download it here.

Those Within for Call of Cthulhu 7e - coming to a convention near you soon...

@freddiefoulds ; Visit my blog: Arcana Obscura

#40 MartyJopson

MartyJopson

Breakfast Clubber

• YSDC Studio
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:21 PM

Yes indeed!

That's good to know, thanks for confirming. Am I right in thinking that your clan are responsible for the various exciting cakes? The idea of including recipes from Games Day seemed quite popular (and I would certainly enjoy testing them).

I would need to go back and look at the photos of the various events, as I don't recall what we made. But happy to put together recipes if they are needed (wanted).

*** My new book: The Science of Food ***