• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Travern

Travern

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:34 PM

A trailer for the "Cthulhu" anime short has been released and looks surprisingly good as far as Lovecraftian apocalypses go.

trailer-anime-force-of-will-cthulhu.jpg

#2 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,409 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:42 PM

Force of Will, the film is a project based on the Force of Will collectable card game it seems.

"L.S" is based on the Cthulhu mythos.

When letters written by a young girl, haunted by « Word » spread to all over the world, the evil tyrant who threatens the world makes its presence known...

#3 Meon

Meon

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationMannheim, Germany

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:54 PM

"When letters written by a young girl, haunted by « Word » spread to all over the world, the evil tyrant who threatens the world makes its presence known..."

Force of Will, a trading card game company I am sadly not aquainted with their products has put out a trailer for their upcoming film "L.S.", an Anime including quite a bit of Mythos stuff!

Estel-Lia on tumblr has added some analysis of all the Mythos content in the video with timestamps here, worth checking out.

The youtube description also contains the credits. 

-

Does anyone know the card game in question by the way?

#4 Aklo

Aklo

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:31 AM

Indeed its like a slightly less focused anime themed Magic: The Gathering. I mean down to the elements, the mana tapping and even deck size. That being said, while I enjoy the Cthulhu themed decks, most of the cards are fan servicey anime fantasy type archetypes so it didn't hold my attention long, this trailer is nice, I feel though I'd be more excited about it if it wasn't attached to the game though.

The Optimist in me says we live in the best of all possible worlds...The Pessimist in me believes this is true.

#5 Meon

Meon

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationMannheim, Germany

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:06 AM

Yeah I checked out some tutorials and it is very Magic-like. Not really exciting as a game for me. I still think the trailer is neat, though, and I'm sure you don't have to know the card game in order to enjoy the movie. I hope...

Thanks for merging, Paul! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Film