29 replies to this topic

#21 Badger

Badger

Greater Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:29 AM

I broke down and got the deluxe edition, and i just cracked it open last night.

Good gods, this is amazing. I'm almost scared to explore most of it. But among the other things i've found so there's, um...

(Highlight below for a possible spoiler):

...there's a real fortune cookie, in its own separate box. I've run BotB, and i have no idea yet what this references. I'll find out soon enough, i reckon.

-=badger

Edited by Badger, 21 November 2016 - 02:36 AM.

Designer of Eldritch Tomes for Chaosium, Pagan, MRP, GGP
www.squamousstudios.com || Twitter: @squamousstudios
The only way to escape terror is to bury yourself in it.

#22 dce

dce

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:38 AM

I broke down and got the deluxe edition, and i just cracked it open last night.

Good gods, this is amazing. I'm almost scared to explore most of it. But among the other things i've found so there's, um...

Interesting ... my shipment of the Deluxe edition is doubtless weeks (or months) away from arriving here in Australia, but now I'm looking forward to that day even more :)

Regarding that unique item -- I'm sure it will all become clear after listening to the audio play. Maybe it has something to do with fact that the NPC mother of one of the central characters in the BotB campaign is defined by her "Bake Great Cookies 95%" skill :)

Dean (from Adelaide)

FREE high-quality Call of Cthulhu scenarios in PDF: cthulhureborn.wordpress.com

#23 Judgetrev

Judgetrev

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:45 AM

They shipped the delux edition?

#24 Eudaimic

Eudaimic

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:33 AM

The recording deviates from the campaign as written. I haven't listened through it yet, so I don't know. Still awaiting the arrival of my deluxe edition  

Currently recording Beyond the Mountains of Madness 2e with Trail of Cthulhu.
http://mountainsofmadness.org

#25 Badger

Badger

Greater Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:01 PM

Regarding that unique item -- I'm sure it will all become clear after listening to the audio play. Maybe it has something to do with fact that the NPC mother of one of the central characters in the BotB campaign is defined by her "Bake Great Cookies 95%" skill :)

Oh yeah, no doubt as soon as i plow through the audio, all will be revealed. I was merely remarking at the...uniqueness of the prop in question. And it makes me wonder what other treasures lay inside...

Designer of Eldritch Tomes for Chaosium, Pagan, MRP, GGP
www.squamousstudios.com || Twitter: @squamousstudios
The only way to escape terror is to bury yourself in it.

#26 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,413 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:57 PM

I've now listened to it all (including all the endings) but this is the ending I picked first of all:

Spoiler

How about you?

The "Chaosium RPG" sponsor slot at the beginning was also fun. :-)

We'll be talking about the HPLHS: The Brotherhood of the Beast in the next CBC meeting.

#27 Mograg

Mograg

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:33 PM

Listened to the whole of the audio drama - including all multiple endings - over the Thanksgiving holiday.  Great fun!  Since I ordered and received the (amazing) deluxe edition, I want to go back and re-listen to the whole thing, pulling out the props from the kit bag at the proper moment in the audio track.  I'm hoping to do this with a group of my friends who will be listening in for the first time, but I'm not sure if they're ready to geek-out on such entertainment as I am.  Sitting in a semi-dark room with drinks and a fire in the grate, listening to the audio adventure while handling the props is the bee's knees to me...but I'm not sure if my friends will go in for such entertainment.  ("You mean we're 'just' sitting there listening to radio?  and there's some papers?"...*sigh*)

#28 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,413 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:10 PM

If you follow our Cthulhu Breakfast Club podcast you may be interested to know that we'll be giving away a copy of the Deluxe Brotherhood of the Beast in the March edition to celebrate 25 episodes of the CBC.

cbc-hplhs-brotherhood-beast-deluxe.jpg

#29 Mograg

Mograg

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:43 PM

That's awesome.  I have a copy of the Deluxe Brotherhood of the Beast kit and it has been great fun to relive the adventure through the audio drama with the 'value added' of the swell props.  Good luck to CBC listeners - you will not be disappointed with this giveaway prize!

#30 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,413 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:56 PM

It is an absolutely amazing set.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Audio