22 replies to this topic

#21 balhaza

balhaza

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:50 AM

I am not too familiar with the Invictus setting though I ought to do some study on that - I'm injecting Roman influences and history into the Londinium chapter of the Masks of Nyarlathotep. Considering I'm retaining the Penhew Foundation, this like fragment is just too tempting to not use.

Also as I've reworked the China chapter to include Japan, the wanyudo can appear there too. Same Rota Harrenga, different names in different cultures. :) and yes the Wanyudo is a popular yokai that is commonly portrayed in many Japanese pop culture.

So thank you sir for you wonderful idea.

Chris

#22 wombat1

wombat1

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:09 PM

Well, now the Penhew Foundation studies Egypt, for sure, but since their interests are also a little unorthodox, to be polite about it, why could they not dabble about in what would be Forbidden Archaeology for the 1920's and study the connections between ancient Egypt,  and ancient India, China and Japan?  Nothing Mythos-y could be made out of that.  Certainly the 'rota harrenga spell' could come to the Mediterranean by way of ancient India (and Roman trade, perhaps also Carthaginian trade  or Phoenician trade if we want) and then ancient Indian contact with very naughty sorts in the mountains (no shortage of those) who also influenced the Japanese.  This ought to keep MoN players who think they know the story confused for some while.

#23 Nick Storm

Nick Storm

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA - In the cool, dark earthen floor. USA

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:48 PM

Time to revisit the Rota Herrenga.

'Sure, as long as the machines are working and you can dial 911, But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, you scare the shyte out of them, no more rules. You'll see how primitive they can get' .