Photo
- - - - -

Product Database

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Robbie

Robbie

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 10:51 PM

The Yog-Sothoth.com Product Database has had a face lift.

Over the coming weeks (and months) we will be revisiting all entries, updating / tidying up / adding info as required. We will also be adding a feature where members can add reviews of their favourite products.

Please PM me (Robbie) -- or post here -- if you encounter any problems.
Robbie

#2 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 11:53 AM

Are you going to add in foreign editions?

I've got things like Nightmare Agency (and Nightmare Agency II, pdf from www.tentacules.net), Les Oeufs de Karlatt and Les Années Folles from Jeux Descartes. And then there's all that German stuff.

I tried the review feature and gave 5* to a couple of products I really like but I'm not sure how useful this might be in the long run. Can you vote more than once for any product and thus give a big fillip to anything you really like, or wrote? It's seems a bit subjective.
Come read about Dreamhounds of Paris actually being played.

The Armitage Files, now with added Ennie Award.
Cthulhu Britannica: London Box Set, now with Golden Geek runner-up award.

#3 Robbie

Robbie

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 01:43 PM

Are you going to add in foreign editions?

Currently, no. Simply because we have 230 products and we need to look at each entry, revise them as well as scan in covers (x2) for each entry at various resolutions etc. It's actually quite a lot of work!

Perhaps we could call upon your services for entry details / scans of your editions in the future, Steve?

I tried the review feature and gave 5* to a couple of products I really like but I'm not sure how useful this might be in the long run. Can you vote more than once for any product and thus give a big fillip to anything you really like, or wrote? It's seems a bit subjective.

It's HIGHLY subjective and is really no more than a a loose indicator of people's preferences. FYI you can vote for every product -- or the ones you like / hate - each and every day (once) if you so wish. I think that the reviews section, which hopefully will come in the next month or so, will be more telling.

If the rating system becomes too abused, and thus totally worthless, then I will tie the ratings in solely with the value given to the product via reviews.
Robbie

#4 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 09:46 PM

I'm happy to make scans of the stuff I have, and there are possibly already some on www.tentacules.net or www.roliste.com . I'll have a look.
Come read about Dreamhounds of Paris actually being played.

The Armitage Files, now with added Ennie Award.
Cthulhu Britannica: London Box Set, now with Golden Geek runner-up award.

#5 Robbie

Robbie

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 12:38 PM

I'm happy to make scans of the stuff I have, and there are possibly already some on www.tentacules.net or www.roliste.com . I'll have a look.

That would be fab, Steve. We are about to embark on a 'refresh' of the product info -- as well as the cover images -- adding in foreign language stuff would be fairly simple.
Robbie