• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:45 PM

My new blog is up. Shooting Dice is about "Guns and Gaming," but also features related content. One of the first articles is about "Lovecraft and His Guns."

Cheers

HANS

My books Investigator Weapons 1: The 1920s and 1930s and Investigator Weapons 2: Modern Day are available from Sixtystone Press.

#2 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:48 AM

More recent articles include "The Investigator's Load", which talks about the kit of a typical investigator both in Lovecraft's own writing and for a more modern one, and "Disarming in Call of Cthulhu", which examines the rules for disarming in Call of Cthulhu, Sixth Edition, and Call of Cthulhu, Seventh Edition, by applying them to a scene in the film The Maltese Falcon.

Cheers

HANS

Edited by HANS, 15 January 2016 - 10:11 AM.

My books Investigator Weapons 1: The 1920s and 1930s and Investigator Weapons 2: Modern Day are available from Sixtystone Press.

#3 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:12 PM

My latest article is called "Lovecraft's Investigators and Their Guns". It's the first part of a series of articles going through Lovecraft's stories for their gun use.

Cheers

HANS

#4 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:24 PM

The first two stories analysed are "The Call of Cthulhu" and "The Temple."

Cheers

HANS

#5 Nick Storm

Nick Storm

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA - In the cool, dark earthen floor. USA

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:51 PM

Hans, you have one excellent Blog. Please keep it up!

'Sure, as long as the machines are working and you can dial 911, But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, you scare the shyte out of them, no more rules. You'll see how primitive they can get' . 

#6 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:14 PM

Thanks! Stay tuned for more.

Cheers

HANS

#7 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:09 PM

Two more stories: "Lovecraft’s 'Medusa’s Coil'" and "Lovecraft’s 'Pickman’s Model'".

Cheers

HANS

#8 Nick Storm

Nick Storm

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:53 PM

Superb!

'Sure, as long as the machines are working and you can dial 911, But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, you scare the shyte out of them, no more rules. You'll see how primitive they can get' . 

#9 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:13 PM

New story: "Lovecraft's 'The Shunned House'".

Cheers

HANS

#10 K_Peterson

K_Peterson

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:20 PM

Great blog, by the way. I've subscribed to it (through Feedly) and look forward to every CoC-related post.

#11 Nick Storm

Nick Storm

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:38 PM

The only thing lacking is a coupla' photographs of the weapons,here and there. I'd love to see what the German Flamethrowers look like, for instance.

#12 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 07:22 PM

New articles include:

Lovecraft's The Whisperer in Darkness

and

Gangster Gats: Dillinger-Nelson Gang

Cheers

HANS

#13 Nick Storm

Nick Storm

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 07:51 PM

Excellent as always. I'm awaiting an entry of one of my fav period weapons - one that I actually got to hold from our armory at State Police Headquarters. The esteemed 'Lewis Gun'.

#14 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:21 PM

New content includes:

Lovecraft's "From Beyond"

Gangster Gats: Bonnie & Clyde

Derleth's "The Survivor"

Cheers

HANS

#15 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:57 AM

Review: Cthulhu Gangster discusses the latest publication by Pegasus, the German Call of Cthulhu licensee.

Cheers

HANS

#16 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:38 AM

New stuff:

Gangster Gats: "Pretty Boy" Floyd

Cheers

HANS

#17 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:26 AM

And some more new posts:

Lovecraft's "The Ghost-Eater"

Gangster Gats: Fred "Killer" Burke

Cheers

HANS

#18 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:08 AM

Lovecraft's "Herbert West - Reanimator"

At the Movies: Invasion

Cheers

HANS

#19 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:13 PM

I've added

Gangster Gats: Purple Gang, which describes the rather unique arsenal of a member of the gang in 1938.

Cheers

HANS

#20 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:01 PM

New article:

Lovecraft's "The Dunwich Horror"

Cheers

HANS

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Press Release