It's time for Secret Shoggoth.
If you want to be involved, please send me a Private Message with the following info:
- Your name (real and user name)
- Your address
- Where you would be willing to ship a gift to – Just your own country, own continent or anywhere. There’s enough people involved that if you don’t want to send something abroad, or can’t afford it, that’s fine.
- Whether you’re happy to receive a hand-made gift or if it would make you summon a Byakhee in rage.
- Whether you might make something hand crafted (this isn’t a commitment it’s just that if it’s a possibility I need to know so I don’t match you with someone who doesn’t want that).
- The address of any wish lists (e.g. Amazon) that you have.
Please sign up by midnight GMT on Friday 13th November, 2014. I will get details to you about your Secret Shoggoth by end of 22nd November – though I’ll aim for sooner. Gifts should be sent by end of Monday 7th December so shop early if you’re sending far away! If there are any problems please message me so I know you haven’t lost your sanity by accidently reading a dusty tome in the second-hand book shop.
Rules are as follows:
- Gifts must be in the range of $20-25 or £12-15 or so. You can take a chance and get a gift now (which will help with shipping time) but you might run the risk of buying something your Shoggee already has. The decision is yours!
- Costs of the gift are before shipping.
- DO NOT JOIN IF YOU WANT A SPECIFIC GIFT. You might not get it.
- You must message me when you have sent your gift.
- You must message me when you have received your gift.
- Post a thank you in the forthcoming “Thank you Secret Shoggoth” thread - even if you don't love it. Let's be polite.
- You must have been a registered user of the site on the 22nd October, 2015.
- Keep it clean and legal, no shipping booze to kids, guns to Britain or lock picks to Canada. Or midget-shoggoth porn to anyone.
- Contact me if something goes wrong. Again, the sooner I hear from someone the sooner I can fix things.
- There’s precious little anyone can do to you if you don’t send a gift. But we're Yoggies and above that kind of thing.
- The gifts don’t have to have anything to do with Cthulhu.
- Those who live in far flung and fantastic locations may find it extra good to post a short list of electronic things we lust after. Sites like DriveThruRPG will be happy to get an e-copy of a book to Antarctica much faster than the standard messenger albino penguin.