31 replies to this topic

#1 daedalum

daedalum

Breakfast Clubber

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:14 AM

Homepage of http://www.pelgranepress.com/ has a countdown to the end.

To what end is this countdown?

#2 The_Tatterdemalion_King

The_Tatterdemalion_King

Lesser Independent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:23 AM

Some sort of armageddon, or... cataclysm... you know, something like that.
Portfolio at www.chrishuth.com • Clients include Chaosium Inc, Sixtystone Press, Pelgrane Press and Sentinel Hill Press

#3 daedalum

daedalum

Breakfast Clubber

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:34 AM

Some sort of armageddon, or... cataclysm... you know, something like that.

You mean, like, The Big One?

#4 groakes

groakes

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:30 AM

World Asteroid day falls (excuse me) on June 30 - the 107th anniversary of the Tungusska Event...

Just sayin...

#5 Stoker

Stoker

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:34 AM

'xcept if I added correctly, the delay comes to an end on monday 29th 2PM london time.

#6 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:31 AM

I'm guessing it's to do with their Cthulhu Apocalypse line. Maybe a print collection of the 3 PDFs ?

Do you play Trail of Cthulhu ? You may find these downloads useful...

The Condensed Rules for Trail of Cthulhu PDF - the rulebook as slim as it can go.

The Enchiridion of Elucidation PDF - a guidebook for both players and Keepers, with advice on playing the game.

#7 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:11 AM

I think it's more than that.

Come read about Dreamhounds of Paris actually being played.

The Armitage Files, now with added Ennie Award.
Cthulhu Britannica: London Box Set, now with Golden Geek runner-up award.

#8 Mulciber

Mulciber

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:48 AM

I think it's more than that.

Oooo, hope so!

"Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives."

#9 groakes

groakes

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:51 AM

'xcept if I added correctly, the delay comes to an end on monday 29th 2PM london time.

Hmmm... I got 2:00PM on Tuesday 30th... But my maths is notoriously dubious....

#10 GrahamW

GrahamW

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:12 PM

Looks ominous.

#11 daedalum

daedalum

Breakfast Clubber

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:54 PM

I can't help but read between the lines of the latest news article http://pelgranepress...rmer-colleague/ in light of the ticker...

"To date, no former agent has gone completely rogue ... But some wind up on the streets, muttering of impending apocalypse. ... Most of the time, the missing are quickly found, having gone off the grid in response to a brief, containable personal crisis. They are ushered into counselling programs. The team detailed to find them files an unremarkable report and goes home.

However, where the ex-colleague has succumbed to psychosis and by intent or negligence has begun to abet the schemes of the Outer Dark, agents may need to not only bring the subject into permanent custody, but also take care that any evidence of supernatural activity be thoroughly scrubbed.

Unfortunately, an agent’s operational instincts may not deteriorate as rapidly as his grasp of reality. Paranoid, resourceful, often illicitly armed, your quarry may prove difficult to corner.."

My bet is that Pelgranistas may have been exposed to too much outerdark, and gone rogue!!!

#12 Azimuth

Azimuth

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:54 PM

I'm guessing it's to do with their Cthulhu Apocalypse line. Maybe a print collection of the 3 PDFs ?

Well, this has just appeared - I think... http://pelgranepress...u-apocalypse-2/

#13 dawged

dawged

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:16 PM

Well, I like pretty hardback books, to be sure.  Doesn't look like there's new content though?

#14 WinstonP

WinstonP

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 3,577 posts
  • LocationFleeing westward

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:20 PM

So there's a countdown saying the world ended X minutes ago and the link above [was dead] is now working.

Cthulhu_Apocalypse_Cover_350.png

On November 2nd, 1936, the world died. Humanity perished, women and men died in their millions. Finally, the stars had come right, and the things that had lurked under the seas for eons rose to claim their rightful place. Now, they rule the earth, stalking it like titans. Yet you survived this destruction. Some miracle or design left you alive to watch the destruction of everything humanity built. You are doomed to wander the devastated ruins, discovering what little you can. What went wrong? Are there others like you? How can you stay alive? Can you fight back? And, most importantly of all, is there a way to put this right?

My blogs - Tomes in Progress (personal); Sentinel Hill Press (The Arkham Gazette and more)
Sentinel Hill Press on G+; Facebook; Twitter; Patreon

#15 leonardolad

leonardolad

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSão José dos Campos, Brasil

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:27 PM

So... it is a compilation of the 3 PDFs as a hardback? Well...

#16 dawged

dawged

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:13 PM

Simon's black magic with coupon codes worked again.  Purchased.  And yes, other than a new introduction from Gareth it seems to be the three PDFs aggregated together beginning with the Apocalypse Machine and followed by the two sequential adventures.

#17 CsabTheHun

CsabTheHun

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:29 PM

Simon's black magic with coupon codes worked again.  Purchased.  And yes, other than a new introduction from Gareth it seems to be the three PDFs aggregated together beginning with the Apocalypse Machine and followed by the two sequential adventures.

There are supposedly some new encounters and adventure seeds as well - maybe some of Graham's original ideas for the campaign finale set in the blasted wastes of the US made it into the book?

#18 dawged

dawged

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:43 PM

Ahhh. There appear to be... 3? new seeds, but they're integrated in with the ones that came after Slaves of the Mother.   Awesome.

#19 OlderNick

OlderNick

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:40 PM

Only three new seeds? Odd, I would have guessed at more.

According to the page count, the print version appears to be 17 or so pages longer than the three pdf:s combined...

The Shadow over Dewsbury

#20 dawged

dawged

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:58 PM

That seems right - the three appear to be 14 pages in total, and are structured in the same fashion as the others at the end of Slaves of the Mother.  Now that I reread it, Gareth Hanrahan's intro closes by mentioning "the shorter adventures and essays added to this compilation edition."

Minor spoilers......

Their names are Resonance, Thicker Than Water and Pioneers.  All three take place in the United States.