#1 Rev_Danno

Rev_Danno

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationVancouver, WA, USA

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:49 AM

The People's Guide to the Cthulhu Mythos

A GUIDE TO THE HORRORS THAT LURK IN OUR COLD, UNCARING, AND INFINITE COSMOS.

Hosted by D.B. Spitzer(Rev. Danno)

A semi-alphabetical guide to the Cthulhu Mythos from dubious sources.

Check it out here on iTunes.

Only one episode so far, and the first time I've made a podcast. But I'm adding new episodes very soon.
A multi-parter on Azathoth up next.
Best,

Rev. Danno

PGttCM.COM A Podcast that follows the literary timeline of the Cthulhu Mythos from the big bang, to the cooling of our sun.

#2 deuce

deuce

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationSerpent-haunted Ehssi-Keh, beside the Lake of the Mound

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:37 PM

Fun stuff!  I enjoyed the CAS 'cast (only one I listened to).

#3 UncaringCosmos

UncaringCosmos

Master

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:32 AM

Hi Rev. Danno,

I enjoyed this! My only feedback would be that it might be a bit overwhelming for somebody completely new to the mythos. I'm a fan of Lovecraft and CAS, so I could follow along, but for somebody starting fresh there might be too much information. The first part, where you explained what people mean when they say "Great Old One" was great and pitched at exactly the right level, but then when you started looking more specifically at CAS' contributions, you introduced a lot of new species and concepts in a short amount of time, and somebody new to the mythos might struggle with information overload (and potentially fail their sanity roll and be driven mad as a result).

That doesn't mean I didn't like it - I thought it was great, and you've got a new subscriber! My only suggestion would be to introduce new stuff really slowly, spending more time on each species or concept, and try to cover less ground with each episode.

Cheers,

Joe

Uncaring Cosmos is a fun, spooky website featuring playthroughs of Lovecraftian horror games, plus interviews with developers. Subscribe at UncaringCosmos.com

#4 Rev_Danno

Rev_Danno

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:30 PM

New Episode is up, Episode 5 Series 2 Part 1: Time(from the Big Bang to the Hyborian Age)

http://pgttcm.podbea...e-2-time-part-1

ElderThings3.jpg

PGttCM.COM A Podcast that follows the literary timeline of the Cthulhu Mythos from the big bang, to the cooling of our sun.

#5 Rev_Danno

Rev_Danno

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:32 AM

We talk about time, the 2015 HPLFF, also super excited to find something that had a cd player to listen to my new Dagon: War of the Worlds(I think I have an old macbook or ps2 that I will end up using).

http://pgttcm.podbea...-time-part-ii/ 

time2.jpg

#6 Rev_Danno

Rev_Danno

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:09 PM

EPISODE6.jpgEpisode 6: Cannibalistic Rural FolkThis is my fav episode as of yet...

Special thanks to Asst. Prof. Carter Soles of films at SUNY.

Listen to the HP Podcraft podcast discuss the story in Episode #17.
And listen to TPitH read by Andrew Leeman.

Mac and Me clip
The Statement of Cater Soles
Mountain of the Hillbilly God

#7 Rev_Danno

Rev_Danno

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:00 PM

Episode 7: Azathoth & Cosmicism

PeoplesGuidetotheCthulhuMyhtos.png

Lovecraft as Philosophical Hypotheses. ‪#‎philosophy‬ ‪#‎azathoth‬ ‪#‎lovecraft

Like  Share  Download 

#8 Rev_Danno

Rev_Danno

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:51 AM

New Episode up!

Thanks for the support everyone, I <3 the YSDC community. 
Thanks for not making fun of any of the movies I made of the 2008/2009 HPLFF
And thanks for not making fun of my podcast, its a solo work in progress.

...And I'll see you And you'll see me, and I'll see you in the branches that blow
In the breeze, I'll see you in the trees
Under the sycamore trees 

Episode 8: FIRE!

December 14, 2015

Episode8Fire.jpg
Episode 8: FIRE(Cthugha & Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me)
Like | Share | Comments | Embed | Download

#9 Rev_Danno

Rev_Danno

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:35 PM

PGttCM 2015 Holiday Special: Lovecraft
pgttcmchristmas.jpgLike Share Download

#10 Rev_Danno

Rev_Danno

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:41 AM

New Year’s Episode 2016

christmas.png

In this Episode we just read August Derleth's introduction to the Cthulhu Mythos.

We learn about his elemental theory regarding Great Old Ones and his thoughts about HPL.

#11 Rev_Danno

Rev_Danno

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:52 PM

January 11, 2016 Cults, Yidhra & RIP David Bowie(1947-2016)

ElderThings.png

We talk about several Cults(mostly in America), Yhidra and the Death of David Bowie.

Like Share Embed Download

#12 Rev_Danno

Rev_Danno

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:03 AM

[Animated GIFs are against the site terms of use, so it's been removed. Please be considerate to your fellow posters. Thank you. ~Mod.]

http://pgttcm.podbea...sage-gets-made/

#13 Rev_Danno

Rev_Danno

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:43 PM

January 26, 2016 Episode 10: Tsathoggua! I choose you!(The real Mr. Saturn & Pokemon)

TsathogguaPokemon.png

#Tsathoggua #Pokemon #PKMN #Lovecraft

#14 AirborneXO

AirborneXO

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:54 PM

Not listened in yet but I'm queuing it up for sure but I just wanted to say I love your art in this thread for the podcast covers....amazing!

Cheers, Hal

Arkham Investigator: Macabre detection in the worlds of H.P. Lovecraft
Follow Arkham Investigator on Facebook
Messing with videos since 2009!

#15 Rev_Danno

Rev_Danno

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:56 PM

February 1, 2016 Episode 11.5: What is Lovecraftian?

WhatisLovecraftian-1.png

Has anyone ever called on you to decide if something was, or wasn't Lovecraftian? Does something have to be part of the Cthulhu Mythos to be Lovecraftian, or vice versa?

Also, is there a major difference between 'the Cthulhu Mythos' & 'the Lovecraftian Mythos'?
NSFMW 
PG-13

Brought to you by finestpomeraniantobacco
EQUUS: Cigarettes for Horses & Mules.

#16 Rev_Danno

Rev_Danno

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:58 PM

Episode 11: Worms February 9, 2016

worms11.png

In 1935, the editor of Fantasy Magazine asked five prominent science fiction writers and five prominent fantasy writers to write two "round-robin" stories, both called The Challenge From Beyond. The authors of the fantasy version were C.L. MooreA. MerrittH.P. LovecraftRobert E. Howard andFrank Belknap Long. We read this one, it has Worms in more way than one.

We then talk of Sandworms(Shai-Hulud) from Dune, not the variety from Tsathoggua's homeworld featured in Beetlejuice. Then we talk about Graboids.
Something I didn't mention in the podcast is  sometimes when I play Fallout 3 or Fallout NV I play "Don't Touch the lava"(only walk on cement and black-top, dirt is lava)
or  "Don't get Graboided"(Can't touch the floor or the graboids get you).
I hope someone makes a graboid mod someday for fallout.
Like ShareEmbedDownload A less salty and more coherent of an episode. 

Edited by Rev_Danno, 10 February 2016 - 02:49 AM.

#17 Rev_Danno

Rev_Danno

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:06 PM

Episode 11.5: Frank Belknap Long

FBL.png
Frank Belknap Long (April 27, 1901 - January 3, 1994) was a prolific American writer of horror fictionfantasyscience fictionpoetrygothic romancecomic books, and non-fiction.[1] Though his writing career spanned seven decades, he is best known for his horror and science fiction short stories, including early contributions to the Cthulhu Mythos. During his life, Long received the World Fantasy Award for Life Achievement (at the 1978World Fantasy Convention), the Bram Stoker Award for Lifetime Achievement (in 1987, from the Horror Writers Association), and the First FandomHall of Fame Award (1977).
-Dr. Wikapedia PhD.

#18 Rev_Danno

Rev_Danno

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:23 PM

Episode 12: Hills
February 24, 2016
hills.png

We talk about Chaugnar Faughn, and his friends, then we talk about a video game that came out in1999. 
This episode is brought to you by www.audibletrial.com/PGttCM , check it out and get 30 day free trial for free.

#19 Rev_Danno

Rev_Danno

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:07 PM

300: Series 2 Recap

300.jpg 
Series 3 Episode 00 
A recap of what is going on in the Cthulhu Mythos timeline and the podcast

#20 Rev_Danno

Rev_Danno

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:40 PM

301: Ubbo-Sathla

SERIES_301.jpg 
Series 3 Episode 01

We are back with more Clark Ashton Smith deities, and we talk about the new Fallout 4 DLC.  

We also talk about 'Cassilda's Song', a collection of stories inspired by Robert W. Chambers' 'King in Yellow' and Yellow Sign.
We are sponsored by Audible

I recommend their Lovecraft and horror collections.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Audio, Online, Podcast, Sell, Press Release