• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#21 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,094 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:20 PM

Regarding Delta Green I asked at one of the Gen Con panels if we would have something better than PISCES for the UK. Adam Scott Glancy's response is priceless and will soon be available in audio. So I won't spoil it.

Come read about Dreamhounds of Paris actually being played.

The Armitage Files, now with added Ennie Award.
Cthulhu Britannica: London Box Set, now with Golden Geek runner-up award.

#22 PeterFdH

PeterFdH

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:54 PM

Hey guys, well it was bound to happen sooner or later.  I pretty much love everything that YSDC does, hence my patronage (and that won't change) but although I've tried to listen to this several times the noisy background just doesn't do it for me.  I far prefer a quieter environment where recording equipment isn't so much of a requirement.

But each to their own - there's still plenty of other Yoggie goodness to keep me coming back here.

#23 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,419 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:41 AM

No problem, we completely understand! While we've certainly done our best to minimise the background noise in the environment but it's always going to be there.

We've tried to arrive earlier (or much later) at Pickles when it is quieter but some of the hosts can't make it at those times due to family/child/work commitments. I did have a cunning plan of using some kind of ...."duvet-like" sound shield to go around the table, but it is a working environment and our fellow Tea Room patrons are already curious enough about what we're doing as it is. ;-)

Why record in the second-worst acoustic environment (just beating out a live airport runway)? There are a number of reasons, the main ones being 1) The atmosphere/location is conducive to free-flowing chat, 2) It *much* easier to tempt hosts to appear with the promise of nice food and drink - which I don't have to prepare. ;-)

The portability of the new set-up does in theory mean we can take it on the road and do Breakfast Club meetings at other venues fairly easily if we choose.

#24 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,419 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:02 PM

I've just drawn the name of the winner for the At the Mountain of Madness word art poster from our digital hat and it's...

Spoiler

Congratulations! Do get in touch so we can pop the poster in the mail to you, ASAP.

Thanks again to SquareHex for the prize and do keep an eye (and and ear) out for more giveaways in future editions of The Cthulhu Breakfast Club.

#25 PeterFdH

PeterFdH

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:40 PM

The portability of the new set-up does in theory mean we can take it on the road and do Breakfast Club meetings at other venues fairly easily if we choose.

This is certainly an intriguing prospect - Yoggie on the Road.  The idea of going to guests, conventions etc. rather than have them come to you would certainly make me reconsider.

...and you could then prevail upon them for tea and biscuits! :-D

#26 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,419 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:42 PM

It's the September 2015 edition of The Cthulhu Breakfast Club - featuring MythoVision!!!!

In this meeting we talk about a couple of Kickstarters and reasons why Chris's own may have failed (with possible solutions), why our audio may still be a challenge, experiences of NecronomiCon 2015, Marty's new book, a look at Chaosium's Doors to Darkness supplement and how to tell a Keeper they may need to up their game.

Plus various other topics and tangents that mean we fill another 90 minutes of busy air - and if you're a show supporter ("Breakfast Clubber") see the CBC Hosts in an entirely new dimension.

Here's one of Marty's videos for his publication, The Science of Everyday Life. See if you can spot the Cthulhu Easter Egg...

#27 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,419 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:47 AM

If you're a Patreon supporter of The Cthulhu Breakfast Club you may have already received one of these messages about a security breach in Patreon's system. If you haven't received it, here it is in full:

Yesterday we learned that there was unauthorised access to a Patreon database containing user information. Our engineering team has since blocked this access and taken immediate measures to prevent future breaches. We apologise to you for this breach of trust. The Patreon team is working especially hard right now to ensure the safety of the community.

There was unauthorised access to registered names, email addresses, posts, and some shipping addresses. Additionally, some billing addresses that were added prior to 2014 were also accessed. We do not store full credit card numbers on our servers and no credit card numbers were compromised. Although accessed, all social security numbers and tax form information remain safely encrypted, and all passwords securely hashed. No specific action is required of you, but as a precaution we recommend that all users update their passwords on Patreon.

For further details, we encourage you to read this update from our CEO and reach out to us with any additional questions at: security@patreon.com.

Sincerely, 
The Patreon Team

Certainly a better response than some companies I can recall.

Do get in touch with Patreon (at the address given) if you're concerned.

#28 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,419 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:22 AM

We'll be holding the October meeting of The Cthulhu Breakfast Club later this month.

In the forthcoming Hallowe'en edition we'll be giving away a couple of Cthulhu-themed "All Rolled Up"s (Tabletop Game Roll and Dice Bag accessory), along with a couple of very nifty dice trays, all courtesy of the fine folks at All Rolled Up.

All Rolled Up

If you thought the "MythoVision" clips from the last meeting were funky, wait until you see what we've got planned for this one!

#29 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,419 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:13 AM

We're gauging interest in doing a very limited (pre-order only) run for some CBC-themed "All Rolled Ups" (price £20 + shipping).

If you're interested do say so here (or send me a Private Message) by the end of month.

#30 Paddurz

Paddurz

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationWest (Best) Coast of Sweden

Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:13 PM

Oh! Interested!!!

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

http://twitter.com/paddurz

#31 Azimuth

Azimuth

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:56 PM

I voted on the other forum but, yes, I'm definitely interested :)

#32 AdamAlexander

AdamAlexander

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:01 PM

I'm interested

#33 jlynn

jlynn

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBeyond Time and Space

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:43 AM

Very interested.

#34 carnage_lee

carnage_lee

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:09 AM

I voted yes, so count me in too.

Seeds of Doom - plot generator

@TheDholesHouse - news and updates

#35 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,419 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:03 PM

As the mists rolled in around Pickles Tea Room we held the October 2015 meeting of The Cthulhu Breakfast Club which will be out in all the usual places this week.

We've also got another round of giveaways (as promised up-thread), which are a couple of "All Rolled Ups".

#36 Cybermudgeon

Cybermudgeon

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:26 PM

Definitely interested in one of these.

#37 Galbraith

Galbraith

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:07 PM

I'd definitely be interested. Count me in!

#38 Pookie

Pookie

Greater Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:14 PM

Similiarly, I would be interested too.

Pookie -- Editor & Reviewer; Editor for Sixtystone Press

See http://rlyehreviews.blogspot.com/ for reviews
"Home again, home again, Yiggety Yig... Goo-ood evening, Quetzalcoatl."

#39 jlynn

jlynn

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBeyond Time and Space

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:15 PM

Likewise, by all means, please count me in!  ;-)

#40 AdamAlexander

AdamAlexander

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:40 PM

I am still interested.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Podcast