115 replies to this topic

#21 MrHandy

MrHandy

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:52 PM

I had fettucine alfredo today, my favorite.

Zombie Apocalypse: A Blood Brothers style play-by-post forum-based RPG using CoC rules
Space Oddity: Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes/Call of Cthulhu in 1969 Philadelphia
The Terror Out of Time: Classic Doctor Who meets Call of Cthulhu in 1930 London

#22 WinstonP

WinstonP

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 3,577 posts
  • LocationFleeing westward

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:54 PM

Goat curry and rice, with masala tea. Afterwards, galub jamun for dessert.
My blogs - Tomes in Progress (personal); Sentinel Hill Press (The Arkham Gazette and more)
Sentinel Hill Press on G+; Facebook; Twitter; Patreon

#23 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,415 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

During a day trip to Leeds, Helen & I stopped at Mrs Atha's for a hot drink. Mine was a white chocolate from the Kokoa Collection.

Ivory Coast White Hot Chocolate

#24 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:38 PM

I've got a cup of tea and some cinder toffee.

Come read about Dreamhounds of Paris actually being played.

The Armitage Files, now with added Ennie Award.
Cthulhu Britannica: London Box Set, now with Golden Geek runner-up award.

#25 deuce

deuce

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationSerpent-haunted Ehssi-Keh, beside the Lake of the Mound

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:06 PM

Fresh, home-made pork carnitas (with avocado slices thrown in), approximately like this:

http://www.confessio...ml#.VSLYEdzF8ZM

...with home-made salsa, of course (I throw in some achiote for a bit of the Yucatan).

And Pepsi.  I don't imbibe that many soft drinks, but a two-liter was left over from Easter.  :)

#26 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:28 PM

I was here earlier, eating one of these:

image.jpg

#27 griffin

griffin

Community Patron

• Patron
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:20 PM

Bettys simnel cake -yumm - pressie from Harrogate.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428351640.215675.jpg

#28 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,415 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:40 PM

Back from a delightful afternoon with Helen, Tina and BigJackBrass on board a Keighley & Worth Valley Steam Train, where Afternoon Tea was served.

Steam Train Tea

#29 yockenthwaite

yockenthwaite

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • LocationDundee, Scotland

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:09 PM

If it's ok to post an old just been eating, here is a picture showing what our in hotel breakfasts were like this week just gone. Magic unfolding table with a hot cupboard underneath, and lots of courses. This was breakfast served in our hotel room. Very civilised.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440961726.587293.jpg

And just to add context here is the view from the window behind my husband then.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440961766.470068.jpg

We were in Edinburgh to attend the annual book festival.

Edited by yockenthwaite, 30 August 2015 - 07:10 PM.

#30 rylehNC

rylehNC

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:06 PM

Teriyaki pork kebabs grilled over a peach wood fire. Sadly, no green peppers were ripe.

Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes.

-Ibn Schacabao

#31 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:21 AM

Today we had roast chicken with roast potatoes and carrots, peas and gravy. There was garlic involved too and a splash of wine in the gravy.

#32 deuce

deuce

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:44 AM

Today we had roast chicken with roast potatoes and carrots, peas and gravy. There was garlic involved too and a splash of wine in the gravy.

Sounds tasty!

I had some "il sette virtu" (seven virtues), a traditional, fairly complex northern Italian minestra paired with fresh-baked soda bread (I was out of yeast). A much better pairing than one might think. Oh, and some Burgundy.

#33 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:33 AM

I had some "il sette virtu" (seven virtues), a traditional, fairly complex northern Italian minestra paired with fresh-baked soda bread (I was out of yeast). A much better pairing than one might think. Oh, and some Burgundy.

Sounds tasty and complicated!

In Abruzzo, a special minestrone called le sette virtu is made on May Day from all the leftovers in the larder. It contains seven kinds of leftover dried pasta, seven kinds of dried beans, stock made from seven types of preserved leftovers of pig (such as the feet), seven kinds of fresh vegetables (including artichokes, fennel and fava beans) and seven fresh herbs.

#34 zombielord

zombielord

Master

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:26 PM

Creamy Chicken Pot Pie

Rum + Coke (Kraken)

Scotch + Coke (Dewar's White Label)

15717907003_d424e2206f_m.jpgPirate Rum by Joshua Meadows, on Flickr

#35 yockenthwaite

yockenthwaite

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:19 PM

Just back from my birthday lunch in Visocchi's Italian cafe in Broughty Ferry, on the edge of Dundee in eastern Scotland. I ate too much :)

Pasta with creamy sauce and mushrooms, followed by raspberry pavlova sundae and Venetian hot chocolate and marshmallows. I feel quite over stuffed and may not eat again for days! I have been losing weight - intentionally - since late April, and before going out today had reached another new record low weight. I have already declared I will not weigh myself tomorrow!

My husband also had a great pizza and ice cream bombe to follow.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441805204.275115.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441805217.338801.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441805228.355560.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441805240.305974.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441805253.973608.jpg

Edited by yockenthwaite, 09 September 2015 - 01:27 PM.

#36 yockenthwaite

yockenthwaite

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:05 PM

Just made a pot of tea using the loose tea we got free in two mini caddies after our recent Afternoon Tea at the Palm Court in Edinburgh's Balmoral Hotel. First time I have ever made loose tea. My granny used to make it in the 1970s and I hated always ending up with tea leaves in my cup. This time worked much better - a strainer that really worked, and tea that turned out, well, tea like! It's a mild Ceylon blend that we chose on the day in Edinburgh, and this version at home tastes just like then. Two teaspoons of tea in my mini pot for one gave two cups. Drunk in my finest China mug, and eaten with healthy Belgian speculoos biscuits and cookie dough dip from my Graze box. Yum. May repeat this mini tea ceremony next week.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442613849.680458.jpg

#37 deuce

deuce

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:27 PM

Just made a pot of tea using the loose tea we got free in two mini caddies after our recent Afternoon Tea at the Palm Court in Edinburgh's Balmoral Hotel. First time I have ever made loose tea. My granny used to make it in the 1970s and I hated always ending up with tea leaves in my cup. This time worked much better - a strainer that really worked, and tea that turned out, well, tea like! It's a mild Ceylon blend that we chose on the day in Edinburgh, and this version at home tastes just like then. Two teaspoons of tea in my mini pot for one gave two cups. Drunk in my finest China mug, and eaten with healthy Belgian speculoos biscuits and cookie dough dip from my Graze box. Yum. May repeat this mini tea ceremony next week.
attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1442613849.680458.jpg

Sounds awesome!  I was reintroduced to such when i was in Gourock in April, 2014. I need to make a batch of "Scottish Tablet".

The Scots are just great people (in my experience).

#38 yockenthwaite

yockenthwaite

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:24 PM

Sounds awesome!  I was reintroduced to such when i was in Gourock in April, 2014. I need to make a batch of "Scottish Tablet".

The Scots are just great people (in my experience).

:-D

#39 deuce

deuce

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:39 PM

Sounds tasty and complicated!

Definitely! Also, very simple, in its way. I normally make a "3.5 Virtues" (or thereabouts) version. Very hard to get all "seven" of all ingredients in there. That said, everyone loves it.

I originally started making it for "May Day" celebrations (what it was designed for). However, it was so popular that I make it year-round. The main thing is to get the sauce/broth right. After that, the rest pulls together.  :)

#40 yockenthwaite

yockenthwaite

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:31 PM

Tonight we're having an early St Andrew's Day (tomorrow) celebration meal, with haggis, neeps and tattles.

For the haggis we always favour Macsween's, and tonight the pair of us are going to be eating the 2-3 person version. It can be cooked in the microwave, but I find that can be uneven/unreliable. So even though it takes yonks I prefer to wrap the haggis in foil, and cook it in the oven in a water bath for 75 minutes.

Strictly speaking for the neeps we should be eating swedes which are not the same as general turnips. But for convenience we've got microwave veg, and it looks like it's normal turnips. Plus mashed potato (tatties).

Haggis is often served with whisky sauce, but we're not doing that this time. I may have some whisky though ...

Edited by yockenthwaite, 29 November 2015 - 05:40 PM.