Photo
- - - - -

Gate & Key Plays: Tatters of the King (a podcast)

Podcast Press Release

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Velocipede

Velocipede

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:30 PM

Hey everybody,

I just wanted to let anyone who wasn't already listening know about our podcast!

We've been playing Tatters of the King for the last few weeks and have recorded all of it.

I think we have a pretty fun group and I think you'd all enjoy being a part of our game.

Please not that our audio quality improves tremendously after the first episode.

Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/gateandkey

#2 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,416 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:38 PM

The audio quality of the first instalment was pretty good (and does as you say, get even better in future ones). Here's the second episode:

#3 Velocipede

Velocipede

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:41 PM

Off-topic, but I really enjoyed listening to your group playing The Pale God.

It's one of those scenarios that has ended up in my binder of one-offs that I want to run but never seem to find the time between campaigns.

Very cool!

Last post for now!

Here is episode 3:

#4 UncaringCosmos

UncaringCosmos

Master

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:07 AM

This is really, really great stuff! I loved the mix of humour and weird horror (helped a lot by the great music). I've only listened to part 1 so far, but looking forward to the rest.

I laughed out loud when Finbar said something along the lines of: "I have the uncanny ability to hear things clearly about 50% of the time". Nice, geeky bit of Call of Cthulhu humour. :-)

Are you thinking of setting up a website or blog for it? Maybe even a free WordPress site or Tumblr? And will you be submitting the feed to iTunes?

Either way, I'm really enjoying it and look forward to more!  :8E:

Uncaring Cosmos is a fun, spooky website featuring playthroughs of Lovecraftian horror games, plus interviews with developers. Subscribe at UncaringCosmos.com

#5 Velocipede

Velocipede

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:45 PM

Thanks so much!

Referencing skills like that has always been a sort of running joke for us. If we want to find out who is the best a particular skill without breaking character completely, we always are like "Well, if I were to sneak one-hundred times, I would probably be succesdful about seventy, what about you?

I definitely want to set up a more conventional podcast hosting site for us but I'm more focused on editing for right now. I'm just finishing episode 4, and I'm really happy with the quality at this point. I've also made a point of getting each session cut down to under an hour, which I think you all, as listeners will definitely appreciate.

Thanks for the feedback, when I have some free ears later today, I'lm definitely going to check out Uncaring Cosmos!

#6 Velocipede

Velocipede

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:36 PM

Episode 4 is now available. From here on, we will be updating every Teusday at 3pm EST.

#7 UncaringCosmos

UncaringCosmos

Master

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:10 PM

Great stuff!

I always listen to podcasts offline on my phone, rather than streaming them on my computer, so that's why I was asking about a feed. SoundCloud does have an app you can download for your phone, but wasn't able to figure out if you can save the episodes offline and play them later.

You could also try applying to SoundCloud's podcasting programme in order to get a feed: http://help.soundclo...-for-podcasters

Otherwise, it's pretty easy to set up a WordPress blog with something like the Blubrry PowerPress plugin and then submit your feed to iTunes.

Still, I'm enjoying the podcast - looking forward to more!

Uncaring Cosmos is a fun, spooky website featuring playthroughs of Lovecraftian horror games, plus interviews with developers. Subscribe at UncaringCosmos.com

#8 AdamAlexander

AdamAlexander

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:32 PM

I use the same approach to podcasts using an app called Overcast that I think I saw recommended somewhere on Y-S. You can subscribe via url and save to listen later.

#9 UncaringCosmos

UncaringCosmos

Master

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:57 PM

Cheers, Adam!

I use a podcatcher called Pocket Casts, which subscribes either directly to the podcast RSS, or it seems to scrape the feed from iTunes.

Unfortunately, I don't think most podcatchers can subscribe to a SoundCloud page (because it doesn't include an RSS feed unless it belongs to the beta podcasting programme), so I can't follow along to Gate & Key yet unless I listen directly on SoundCloud.

#10 AdamAlexander

AdamAlexander

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:42 PM

That's right. For Gate & Key it turns out I downloaded it and synched it to my phone through iTunes.

#11 TheVisitor

TheVisitor

Master

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:06 AM

@Velocipede I must say I really really enjoeyd your Podcast and I've finally tracked you down after a lenghty Google search :D I just wanted to ask if your Project is on hold or did you cancel it? I think your Podcast is just perfectly executet and extremely entertaining, please keep it going I want to tell the world about you!

#12 omphalos

omphalos

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:38 PM

Is the 1st session available? I only see sessions 2/3/4 listed.

I'm prepping to run this next month and am interested to hear how other keepers handled it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Podcast, Press Release