Photo
- - - - -

Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion Kickstarter now live!

Fundraiser

• Please log in to reply
761 replies to this topic

#21 CanterburyTail

CanterburyTail

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Patron
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:41 PM

And the limited editions are already gone before I could get to a computer. Sucks, but well they are limited.

#22 TheHistorian

TheHistorian

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:43 PM

The limited editions were gone almost immediately.  Kind of disappointed that 1.5 hours all of them were gone and we had been waiting forever now.

Agreed.  No significant warning, and an edition size of 50... basically whoever happened to check into Y-S at exactly the right time.  Lame.

#23 Black-Seal-Editor

Black-Seal-Editor

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:47 PM

Agreed.  No significant warning, and an edition size of 50... basically whoever happened to check into Y-S at exactly the right time.  Lame.

There will be some additional copies made available. I will post here in advance of that happening.

I hummed and haaed over the number of copies to put down, I thought £65 was quite a lot of money to ask for, and they would go slower than they did. I was wrong.

Adam Crossingham
Publisher & Editor-in-Chief
Sixtystone Press Limited

#24 Budapest

Budapest

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:50 PM

I have version .9. What will be different in the "Black Pharaoh" edition?

#25 Black-Seal-Editor

Black-Seal-Editor

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:16 PM

I have version .9. What will be different in the "Black Pharaoh" edition?

Stretch goals and an index.

Version 0.9 will not be updated.

Edited by Black-Seal-Editor, 08 February 2015 - 10:17 PM.

Adam Crossingham
Sixtystone Press Limited

#26 TheHistorian

TheHistorian

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:38 PM

There will be some additional copies made available. I will post here in advance of that happening.

I hummed and haaed over the number of copies to put down, I thought £65 was quite a lot of money to ask for, and they would go slower than they did. I was wrong.

Thank you.

Given that the difference in price between the two editions isn't that large, I would think a lot of people would be willing to go for it.

#27 Velocipede

Velocipede

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:40 PM

I know exactly how you feel.

#28 jcfiala

jcfiala

Breakfast Clubber

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:52 PM

I've been eagerly waiting for this book to come out - I hadn't realized it was going to become a kickstarter, but I'm willing to go along with that.

I'm just hoping the softcover edition will hold together well enough - I'm not sure my wife would let me survive paying for a hardcover edition. :)

John Fiala

Check out Byakhee, the classic Call of Cthulhu character generator.

#29 Black-Seal-Editor

Black-Seal-Editor

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:47 AM

I will be adding an additional 50 limited pledges of the Bloody Tongue edition to the KS on 9 February 2015 at 20:00 GMT.

London (United Kingdom - England)   Monday, 9 February 2015, 20:00:00   GMT  UTC

Brussels (Belgium)    Monday, 9 February 2015, 21:00:00   CET  UTC+1 hour

New York (U.S.A. - New York)   Monday, 9 February 2015, 15:00:00   EST  UTC-5 hours

Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California)   Monday, 9 February 2015, 12:00:00   PST  UTC-8 hours

Canberra (Australia - Australian Capital Territory) Tuesday, 10 February 2015, 07:00:00 AEDT UTC+11 hours

Auckland (New Zealand)   Tuesday, 10 February 2015, 09:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours

Please feel free to modify your pledges when these become available.

Adam Crossingham
Sixtystone Press Limited

#30 Afraid of the dark

Afraid of the dark

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:37 AM

People seem upset that they didn't get one of the limited 50. The whole point is that they are limited. If everybody got one, they wouldn't be limited. If everyone who wanted one, got one, then wouldn't they would cease to be limited? I mean, everything that's ever been sold, was limited, all depends on just how limited. If later a further 100 copies sold out, and then a further 100 (totalling 300 copies), they'd still be limited? but then if a leather gold plated version came out, of only 50 copies, that cost £800, would those 300 earlier copies then become less limited, or just as limited as people would be happier paying £65 for a limited copy, rather than £800. I assume if less people were willing to part with £800, then people would be happier, as they were only prepared to pay £65? If the difference between the two books was not £50 to £65, but instead £50 to £200? the £200 copy being signed and a hand drawn picture by,........ Would people still be unhappy? Or happier as they would not have been prepared to pay an extra £150 for the same book. I'd guess as the price is only a small gap (£15), people are less happy that there are only so many to go around. I think limited is usually directly related to demand. In this case, perhaps also related to cost. Anyway, just my musings.

Edited by Afraid of the dark, 09 February 2015 - 09:16 AM.

Please have a read of the game "The Sanitarium," on my Blog. Say what you think!

#31 DAR

DAR

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:57 AM

Truthfully, I had the chance at the limited edition (logged into KS when only two had been sold) by the time I decided on the regular HC it had gone up to 4 sold, but there wasn't enough included in the LE to justify the increased cost (and it was a pretty steep increase for vanity unless you are a collector - and I plan on *using* mine). Seeing the small amount desired for the KS, I kind of expected it to get funded so quickly (demand for this product has been ridiculously high for how long..?) - I just don't want to get put into the position of having to decide if I want to spend more money to get cool stretch goals. I'm glad it funded quickly, and hope that we can see new Kickstarters soon from the same folks for CoC.

D.

#32 SJE

SJE

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:04 AM

Given the only difference between ltd hardback and unlimited hardback is the name on the top right of the cover, and getting a sheet to paste into the book, I'm thinking the extra £15 is mostly for those who want to donate extra to Yoggie.

Running Curse of Nineveh. Survivor of Horror on the Orient Express @ GenCon2013. Keepered Beyond the Lighthouse of Madness, Shadows of Yog Sothoth: Fight Club, and Innsmouth, Masks of Nyarlathotep in London, World War Cthulhu - Saint Cernouf Sandbox

#33 mvincent

mvincent

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

I'm simply going to say, as the backer of several Kickstarters, that there is little that is as annoying as pledging early and then having Stretch goals added *after* I've already pledged - when then force me to either rethink my pledge

Interesting. As a backer of several dozen Kickstarters, I had believed that to be the whole point of a Kickstarter campaign (and is mainly why I participate).

#34 Black-Seal-Editor

Black-Seal-Editor

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:03 PM

50 new M'Weru's Groom 2 pledges just released and 28 have already gone!

This is the final batch of limited books so get them while you can.

Adam Crossingham
Sixtystone Press Limited

#35 littleo

littleo

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:08 PM

32 gone in 8 minutes!

M

#36 G.Roby

G.Roby

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:37 PM

WOW! Congratulations on having been funded already!

"Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane." H.P. Lovecraft

#37 beasterbrook

beasterbrook

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:34 PM

didn't even have time to log in before they were gone.. geez..

#38 jlynn

jlynn

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBeyond Time and Space

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:37 AM

Well, I missed out on the limited editions (damn internet; or, more appropriately, damn satellite connection), but I'll be just as happy with the Black Pharoah edition -- as long as it has all the stretch goal goodies, that is!  ;-)

One thing though, I think you're going to need more stretch goals since when I finally got on board, we were already at over 18,000 Pounds and climbing rapidly!

#39 jcfiala

jcfiala

Breakfast Clubber

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:00 AM

Personally, I don't think they need much more in the way of stretch goals.  The campaign is doing well enough on it's own - they don't want to add tons of extra things to the project that forces them to delay a release.

John Fiala

Check out Byakhee, the classic Call of Cthulhu character generator.

#40 beasterbrook

beasterbrook

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:06 AM

I totally agree with this statment.. stetch goals add uncertainty and more risk that the kickstarter will fail, too many variables (I have contributed to over 400 kickstarters). Stretch goals have been really a tool to keep the ball rolling with funding and sometimes it feels like some sort of game.. seeing how much $$ they can get by the end of the Kickstarter, sometimes without a sound financial plan of how to deliver the stretch goals they keep chucking out there.. keep it simple, deliver on what you have put foward and keep everyone happy..

Brette:)

Edited by beasterbrook, 10 February 2015 - 03:07 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fundraiser