• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Black-Seal-Editor

Black-Seal-Editor

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:25 PM

Sixtystone Press is happy to announce the arrival of the long-awaited Investigator Weapons volume 2, Modern day for contemporary Call of Cthulhu games.

Hans-Christian Vortisch presents iconic, common and less-common weapons found in service yesterday, today and tomorrow for use by Investigators, armed authorities and the cultists they hunt.

Hans presents variant stats for all of the covered weapons, and Investigator Weapons 2 also summarises weapons rules from all editions of Call of Cthulhu including seventh edition, as well as Basic Role-playing games such as The Laundry, as well as providing optional rules for enhanced play.

Sixtystone is offering a 50% discount if you download Investigator Weapon 2 today, and a 33% discount for the next seven days.

50% discount (expires 1 Jan 2015): http://rpg.drivethru...ount=94ce0b781e

33% discount (expires 7 Jan 2015): http://rpg.drivethru...ount=94d3c01dfd

A POD version will be available shortly and early purchasers will receive a voucher allowing them to get the POD version at the same discount as the future PDF+POD bundle, when the POD version is released.

A print run for games stores is also planned for 2015.

Here are some screen shots of the finished book:

Cover_Investigator_Weapons_2_v1.jpg

Investigator_Weapons_2_v1_Page_047.jpg

Investigator_Weapons_2_v1_Page_075.jpg

Investigator_Weapons_2_v1_Page_031.jpg

Investigator_Weapons_2_v1_Page_049.jpg

Investigator_Weapons_2_v1_Page_050.jpg

Adam Crossingham
Publisher & Editor-in-Chief
Sixtystone Press Limited

#2 Shrike

Shrike

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:42 PM

Looks very useful! Where can I send some last-minute corrections for errors that I have spotted?

#3 Black-Seal-Editor

Black-Seal-Editor

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:39 PM

Looks very useful! Where can I send some last-minute corrections for errors that I have spotted?

Please send to sixtystone dot press at googlemail.com with the subject line: "IW2 corrections" please.

Many thanks.

Adam Crossingham
Sixtystone Press Limited

#4 crazy_cat

crazy_cat

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Patron
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationCambridge, UK

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:49 AM

Looks awesome - I'm going to be waiting for the POD+PDF bundle as I don't need it immediately and I'm busy paying for Christmas (although it is shiny, and I do want it right now!)

"You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not wish to die"

#5 CsabTheHun

CsabTheHun

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:41 PM

I've been waiting for this for a while now - grabbed it and it looks awesome!

Looking forward to the POD option!

#6 Afraid of the dark

Afraid of the dark

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

I'll wait for a  paper version, and likely pick up volume one in paper at the same time. I've been meaning to get that for awhile.

Please have a read of the game "The Sanitarium," on my Blog. Say what you think!

#7 Lammomedes

Lammomedes

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationPalm Bay, Florida

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:05 PM

I picked my copy up last night and glanced through it quickly. I admit that it has lots of interesting new rule additions and it will be useful if I ever run a modern CoC game again, or at least if I drag out Delta Green to run it again.

Or, I finally finish my modern day Mythos scenario set in Afghanistan where a special forces team is sent into the far northeast of the country to rescue a group of misguided NGO volunteers.

#8 G.Roby

G.Roby

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:08 AM

great! I hope it sells well!
too bad we're not playing in a NOW setting.. so I have to skip this one.

"Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane." H.P. Lovecraft

#9 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

In the past, the issue of the compatability of the Investigator Weapons series with Call of Cthulhu, Seventh Edition, was raised.

I'm happy to confirm that Investigator Weapons 2: Modern Day includes a short section on how to use the book with Seventh Edition rules (short because there isn't too much difference). The conversion notes will also work with Investigator Weapons 1: The 1920s and 1930s.

Cheers

HANS

My books Investigator Weapons 1: The 1920s and 1930s and Investigator Weapons 2: Modern Day are available from Sixtystone Press.

#10 golfsale

golfsale

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

I might buy this in paper form, as I'm planning on starting a Laundry game. Any idea when the book will be available in game shops? 

I already have the Compendium of Modern Firearms (Edge of the Sword Vol. 1). Is it honestly worth getting Investigator Weapons 2 if I already have this?

Are we going to be returning to the dark days of D20 Cthulhu: conversion rules with everything?

#11 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:37 PM

I already have the Compendium of Modern Firearms (Edge of the Sword Vol. 1). Is it honestly worth getting Investigator Weapons 2 if I already have this?

Call me biased, but I'd say absolutely. Completely different approach, not to speak of the fact that Investigator Weapons 2: Modern Day has been written specifically as support for Call of Cthulhu. Finally, the Compendium of Modern Firearms dates from 1991, while coverage of Investigator Weapons 2: Modern Day starts in 1990. Needless to say, rather a lot happened in the quarter century in between.

Are we going to be returning to the dark days of D20 Cthulhu: conversion rules with everything?

Well, at this point in time there are two major versions of the Call of Cthulhu rules out -- the majority of players undoubtedly use Sixth Edition (as do all the published setting books, including The Laundry), but Seventh Edition is the current state-of-the-art.

Cheers

HANS

My books Investigator Weapons 1: The 1920s and 1930s and Investigator Weapons 2: Modern Day are available from Sixtystone Press.

#12 cjbowser

cjbowser

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:23 PM

Call me biased, but I'd say absolutely. Completely different approach, not to speak of the fact that Investigator Weapons 2: Modern Day has been written specifically as support for Call of Cthulhu. Finally, the Compendium of Modern Firearms dates from 1991, while coverage of Investigator Weapons 2: Modern Day starts in 1990. Needless to say, rather a lot happened in the quarter century inbetween.

No G11, then? 

Oh well, I'll survive (and pick up the book).

Current projects: Time of Troubles | The Caliphate Caper

#13 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:52 PM

No G11, then? 

Oh well, I'll survive (and pick up the book).

No, the G11 isn't in there -- only stuff that's actually available.

Oh, and didn't mean to say that only designs post-1990 are covered, there are numerous older patterns in there as well, as long as they are still in use.

Cheers

HANS

#14 rylehNC

rylehNC

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:57 PM

Is it really 100 pages longer than the first book in the series? :shock:

Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes.

-Ibn Schacabao

#15 G.Roby

G.Roby

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:50 PM

I'm happy to confirm that Investigator Weapons 2: Modern Day includes a short section on how to use the book with Seventh Edition rules (short because there isn't too much difference). The conversion notes will also work with Investigator Weapons 1: The 1920s and 1930s.

Would it be possible to incluse that Info in the PDF if the first Book as well, or make it a 2nd small snippet to download - at least for buyers of the first book as well?

#16 Black-Seal-Editor

Black-Seal-Editor

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

Would it be possible to incluse that Info in the PDF if the first Book as well, or make it a 2nd small snippet to download - at least for buyers of the first book as well?

Yes, though its not high on my list of priorities.

It will be done before the rulebooks are in the shops, and if iW1 is reprinted we will add it as an appendix.

Adam Crossingham
Sixtystone Press Limited

#17 G.Roby

G.Roby

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:26 PM

Yes, though its not high on my list of priorities.

I tried to send this as a PM, but

"The member Black-Seal-Editor cannot receive any new messages"

- is there anything I can help with?

#18 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:12 PM

Is it really 100 pages longer than the first book in the series? :shock:

Yes, there is more campaign advice in there, there are more rules (eg, the Mozambique drill didn't exist in the 1920s, modern small-unit tactics have considerably evolved, etc), several weapon classes that didn't even exist in the 1920s had to be covered (eg, grenade launchers, rocket launchers, antipersonnel mines), several weapon classes offer much more choice today than in the 1920s (submachine guns, rifles), and there's also a lot more equipment to be considered (no targeting lasers or thermal imagers available in the 1920s). All this piled up . . .

Cheers

HANS

#19 cjbowser

cjbowser

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:05 PM

I picked up my copy last Friday. The book is so much more than just a collection of fire arms that I'd consider it indispensable to anyone running a modern game.

Current projects: Time of Troubles | The Caliphate Caper

#20 HANS

HANS

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

The book is so much more than just a collection of fire arms that I'd consider it indispensable to anyone running a modern game.

Great, that's exactly what I aimed to provide  ;)

Cheers

HANS

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Press Release, Publisher, Sell, Delta Green