477 replies to this topic

#41 dajebriza

dajebriza

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:04 AM

Bravo!  This is such an awesome project.  Kudos to both the Velocipede and Chaosium for such a great collaboration.  I truly hope this bodes well for future notable campaign prop sets.

I personally would drop $200 - $300 for an incredible Beyond the Mountains of Madness set!  And Chaosium better do a revised BTMOM kickstarter project after they finish 7th ed and Orient Express and work together with you, incorporating the prop set into a giant deluxe package!!!

#42 PeterFdH

PeterFdH

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:04 AM

We have basic packaging already planned out, but if you're looking for something super-deluxe...
I have a woodworker sourced for a higher tier we have yet to reveal ;]

I suppose that depends on where you're shipping it from... New York or Shanghai?

#43 Marty London

Marty London

Master

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:31 AM

Hello, well done on your kickstarter campaign !  

I'm working with a team who is currently trying to expand the Horror on the Orient Express props, trying to do a simulacrum and a Sedefkar Scroll as accurate as possible. We will launch a new crowdfunding campaign very soon (first was unsuccessfull, because we did a lot of stupid rookie mistakes and the campaign was not even re-released at the time).

Anyway Christian Lehmann told us recently about your own campaign because we also wanted to expand some props for the Masks without knowing someone already did something like that.

Delphes, sculptor of the Sedefkar Simulacrum project, worked on the Eye of Light and Darkness. She did a sculpted version as accurate as possible to match the style of the pyramid it was taken from etc. I don't know if you intended to expand this prop or not, but I always found that it was one of the most disappointing prop of the campaign (even at the time).

Here's a picture of her work in progress (not very good since we don't have the prop at hand, but we can do better when she goes to her workshop) the size is 18x11 cm (or 7X4 inches). If you find it interesting in any capacity for your project (even if we are in the last days of your campaign) you can contact us on MP here or on facebook :https://www.facebook...efkarSimulacrum. Cheers !

WP_20141202_001.jpg

Edited by Marty London, 04 December 2014 - 04:00 AM.

#44 dce

dce

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:55 AM

Wow ... that's a pretty cool Eye of Light and Darkness -- I'd love to own one of them!

[and BTW Marty/Delphes: bad luck on your previous Kickstarter -- I was a backer and thought it looked awesome; hope it resurfaces at some time in the future]

Dean (from Adelaide)

FREE high-quality Call of Cthulhu scenarios in PDF: cthulhureborn.wordpress.com

#45 Marty London

Marty London

Master

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:04 AM

Thanks ! Sorry again about the quality of the picture. Colors are nicer (reddish) in real life. And Delphes have still to paint it to give it a more ancient look.

[Thank you for your support on our previous attempt. Don't worry : We will reboot the project soon with a better understanding of how crowfunding works. Delphes is currently creating a new and more affordable Sedefkar Simulacrum (it will be a little shorter). Stay tuned !]

Edited by Marty London, 04 December 2014 - 04:01 AM.

#46 Marty London

Marty London

Master

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

The Eye has been added ! Velocipede put it as an add-on for $75. there is also a better picture.

https://www.kickstar...thotep-prop-set

#47 Taemex

Taemex

Neophyte

• 3 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:27 AM

Wow, that looks incredible! I've never run this campaign before, but I'm excited to see people doing things like this with Kickstarter! Good luck!

Religion is all about maintaining belief in the absence of proof and rationalizing that belief in the face of contradicting evidence, hence why it is called "faith".

#48 Marty London

Marty London

Master

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:09 AM

Thank you Delphes worked very hard to give the tablet an aspect as "accurate" as possible. She explained on the facebook page why she did it like this :

"I knew the Eye of Light and Darkness was an important piece of the game. It is supposed to be part of the red pyramid, the first true smooth-sided pyramid located in Dashur, build to repulse the Black Pharao. It was the first enigma for me. If it smooth-sidded there should't be any carving on it. 

So i did some research : the red pyramid was not always red. It used to be cased with limestone but only a few of these stones now remain at the corner of the construction. So I imagined that the Eye of light and darkness was hidden somewhere behind the limestone and when the limestone falled apart, the relief was still covered with a layout of coating composed with small stones brought by the desert. 

Then I try to restitute the result, the reddish aspect, and accident effects : The reddish granite stone beneath was burning and drying under the sun for ages. I knew then how to show the burning secret of the red pyramid covered by the smooth limestone."

#49 Velocipede

Velocipede

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:13 PM

44 Hour Remaining!

#50 Velocipede

Velocipede

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:25 PM

Last hour!

#51 mvincent

mvincent

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:50 PM

Thanks Velocipede! Yours was an incredible, irresistible Kickstarter. Even though I already had a set from you, I couldn't resist getting another (especially with the extra trimmings you came up with). Thank you for crafting the props I so desperately wanted to take my games to the next level!

#52 Zymm315

Zymm315

Neophyte

• 6 posts
  • LocationMuncie, IN

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:22 PM

Will there be a place to maybe purchase these after the Kickstarter?  I unfortunately was low on funds for this campaign, but would be thrilled to pick it up at a later date!!

#53 ClarenceColeman

ClarenceColeman

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:36 PM

Zymm315, there was a recent update that addresses getting in on the fun. See below for a link:

https://www.kickstar...t/posts/1093829

Update 35, Dec 26 2014 Options for late backers. A lot of people who missed the deadline for the project have been approaching me about how they can still get in.

Anyone who is interested, please choose a tier and paypal your pledge, along with your shipping details to billing@gateandkey.com

If you are interested in pledging to a limited tier, please message me here first to check for availability.

Please not that these late orders will most likely ship later than those that backed the original project.

Thanks!

-Ben

#54 Paddurz

Paddurz

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationWest (Best) Coast of Sweden

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:22 PM

It's gone worryingly quiet from Ben Patey on this KS. Has anyone heard anything or is there something nefarious going on?

I don't mean to upset anyone but it seems that many KS come to this stage and it all goes quiet only for the big reveal that it was yet another non-fulfilled KS on which a bunch of us lost a lot of money on and KS don't care because they already got paid.

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

http://twitter.com/paddurz

#55 mvincent

mvincent

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:58 PM

It's gone worryingly quiet from Ben Patey on this KS. Has anyone heard anything or is there something nefarious going on?

His radio silence on the KS is indeed odd (especially since he is still posting pictures on facebook). However: I'm pretty sure it's not nefarious... I have in my possession an early copy of the paper props (purchased before the Kickstarter), and copies of the passport stamps (he sent them to me early so that they could be used at a convention). They exist, and are very cool. I couldn't imagine anyone doing all that work and then becoming nefarious (especially on this sort of project).

Edited by mvincent, 10 June 2015 - 10:02 PM.

#56 Paddurz

Paddurz

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationWest (Best) Coast of Sweden

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:51 AM

Thanks for the info, mrvincent. Sadly I've been hit by exactly this behaviour before on Kickstarter which is why I'm now getting twitchy.

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

http://twitter.com/paddurz

#57 WinstonP

WinstonP

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 3,577 posts
  • LocationFleeing westward

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:40 PM

I hope this handout from the next issue of the Arkham Gazette is not prescient... :(

image.jpg

(Handout prepared by Dean Engelhardt; scenario "The Queen of Night" by Chris Huth, with Bret Kramer. Ben backed at the "victim of the witch" level. I've no actual knowledge of his current situation.)
My blogs - Tomes in Progress (personal); Sentinel Hill Press (The Arkham Gazette and more)
Sentinel Hill Press on G+; Facebook; Twitter; Patreon

#58 dce

dce

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:53 PM

I hope this handout from the next issue of the Arkham Gazette is not prescient... :(

Hmm ... if real-life starts imitating CoC scenario handouts, I think we are ALL in serious trouble.

Dean (from Adelaide)

FREE high-quality Call of Cthulhu scenarios in PDF: cthulhureborn.wordpress.com

#59 Gaspode

Gaspode

Master

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:04 PM

Glad its not just me getting twitchy ... Just an update from Ben would be nice (its some what worrying that Paul has washed his hands of it - He's posted in the comments that he just did the design and knows nothing about whats happening now) ...

#60 usmc1855

usmc1855

Master

• Patron
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:49 AM

The Props are shipping!

Ben Patey has just released an update stating tha tprops will begin to ship

:

We are shipping

It's been a little while since I've communicated with you all, and I'm awfully sorry for that.

The last few months have been, unequivocally, the most stressful of my entire life. The scope of this project exploded beyond what I could have imagined, and the responsibilities that came with that success were much more daunting than I realized.

This was my first attempt at a project such as this, and it has been a more massive undertaking. I've made a pile of mistakes throughout this process, and any delays were solely my responsibility. 

That being said, the project will begin shipping starting Monday, the 22nd. You will receive tracking information as soon as your package hits the postal service.

If any of you have changed addresses in the meantime, please contact me here and I will adjust for you.

Thanks,
Ben"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fundraiser