477 replies to this topic

#21 christian

christian

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:39 PM

Can you tell us a bit more about the rubber visa stamps for the passports? How many are there in the 175 dollar pledge? Thank you, this looks excellent ( though I played Masks in 1984 when it came out and don't intend to play in the foreseeable future, the propos are too good to pass on)

christian lehmann

#22 Velocipede

Velocipede

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

There are currently twelve stamps, as well as a few different tax stamps (the sticky paper kind of stamp lol)

#23 christian

christian

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:38 PM

Sold!  Bought, I mean. 

christian lehmann

#24 Velocipede

Velocipede

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:39 PM

Radical, we just passed $9,000 and looks like we're on our way to $10,000!

#25 Velocipede

Velocipede

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:06 AM

Just hit $10k!

That means that the project has met 200% its goal in less than twenty-four hours.

#26 PeterFdH

PeterFdH

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:28 AM

Wow - that's amazing.  I do wonder whether this shows there is a wider market out there for props for the other big scenarios too.

#27 Velocipede

Velocipede

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:29 AM

I'm going to be talking with Chaosium about that possibility over the next few weeks!

#28 TheHistorian

TheHistorian

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:26 AM

If that comes to fruition, space them out a little, especially with holiday crunch on people's wallets.

#29 mvincent

mvincent

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:24 PM

I do wonder whether this shows there is a wider market out there for props for the other big scenarios too.

Assuredly. Given what others have paid for miniatures or Cthulhu sculptures, this doesn't seem too surprising.

I hope this sort of thing tips CoC into having a more cohesive player-base. The synergy of so many people playing the same scenario at the same time could have interesting effects (like say: 600 page companion books, or Organized Play events). Well-timed, professionally made props for specific scenarios could be a catalyst.

#30 Velocipede

Velocipede

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:12 PM

Assuredly. Given what others have paid for miniatures or Cthulhu sculptures, this doesn't seem too surprising.

I hope this sort of thing tips CoC into having a more cohesive player-base. The synergy of so many people playing the same scenario at the same time could have interesting effects (like say: 600 page companion books, or Organized Play events). Well-timed, professionally made props for specific scenarios could be a catalyst.

I agree with this. 

I think making CoC a more tangible "game" really helps to explain the idea to people.

#31 Afraid of the dark

Afraid of the dark

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:04 PM

No one's really mentioned Chaosium. I think it's very good of them to, discuss, and let this project go forward. they do come in for a slagging sometimes, so thought I'd say the above!

Please have a read of the game "The Sanitarium," on my Blog. Say what you think!

#32 Velocipede

Velocipede

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:05 PM

I should say, my experience with Chaosium has been entirely positive, Mike Mason in particular has been really supportive/chill regarding this entire endeavor.

#33 Afraid of the dark

Afraid of the dark

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:44 PM

Yes, I think it will be very successful, as will others.  Just not too many close together. if there's a  big spate of Cthulhu Kickstarters, people have to pick and choose.

Please have a read of the game "The Sanitarium," on my Blog. Say what you think!

#34 Vaeron

Vaeron

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:36 AM

It's funny that this started out a few months ago with offering "a couple extra sets" and now there are already 163 people signed up in the first couple days. Congratulations. Who knew there would be so much demand?

#35 Aklo

Aklo

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:22 PM

I feel their was a definite market to be filled here, and thia project came along and exactly the right time! I'm very excited to think what ind of future projects will be born or inspired from this one.^^

The Optimist in me says we live in the best of all possible worlds...The Pessimist in me believes this is true.

#36 Hazi

Hazi

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:42 AM

Hmm, the goodies look good and I probably will pledge in a minute, but first a question. Have you thought about putting some of the items included in the higher tiers (poster, keeper's screen etc) available as add-ons? I love the design of the screen, but the $225 price tag instead of the $65 or $85 I'm currently thinking kind of puts me off. I'd add the screen (and most likely the poster) in an instant if it was possible to get it separately.

Edited by Hazi, 20 November 2014 - 07:43 AM.

Misspellers of the world, unit!

#37 Velocipede

Velocipede

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:44 AM

Me and Paul are still discussing the best way to go about creating an add-on system. It's likely that we will do so, but it won't be for another day or two at the very least.

#38 TrippyHippy

TrippyHippy

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:52 AM

Just to raise a point, now that I’ve gone ahead and backed, but how is all this going to be packaged? If there is of stretch goals coming, some thoughts towards maybe a box or summat to put it all in would be nice. 

#39 Velocipede

Velocipede

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:53 AM

We have basic packaging already planned out, but if you're looking for something super-deluxe...
I have a woodworker sourced for a higher tier we have yet to reveal ;]

#40 Mawdrigen

Mawdrigen

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationGoatswood aka Reading

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:09 PM

And as half the cult has said they are interested in playing masks... Backed!
The Cult of Tea and Dice
For when you have to play Games and drink Tea

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fundraiser