• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 HellHound01

HellHound01

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:25 AM

Pretty excited, I'm almost done with setup (still need to make one more pre-generated char). So I can start looking for players.

The name of the game is Escape from Innsmouth.

Screen shots! 

Our Five hero's so far! (One more to be added soon)

A01axIm.png

The lovely port of Innsmouth

I6VTsQW.png

#2 Jebediah

Jebediah

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:38 AM

I'd love to see how this turns out, I've got a campaign going that looks like it'll have to go digital on account of us all returning to our respective colleges after the break.

D&D: "Ok, that's a wyvern, looks like it might be a tough fight, but it's got good loot and I'll get to level 11 if we kill it."
CoC: "OH GOD RUN"

#3 HellHound01

HellHound01

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:51 AM

I'd love to see how this turns out, I've got a campaign going that looks like it'll have to go digital on account of us all returning to our respective colleges after the break.

I'll keep you informed.

Frankly I'm stuck on who to add as the 6th and final character. I've been thinking Big Game Hunter, but I've no idea how to tie that in. 

#4 Jebediah

Jebediah

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:54 AM

Do you have anyone with nautical experience at the moment? A rum-runner, an ex-sailor perhaps?

D&D: "Ok, that's a wyvern, looks like it might be a tough fight, but it's got good loot and I'll get to level 11 if we kill it."

#5 HellHound01

HellHound01

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:05 AM

Do you have anyone with nautical experience at the moment? A rum-runner, an ex-sailor perhaps?

No I don't have have a sailor, which would provide a reason for the person being in the area, but not why he is getting involved. So far I've kept the thing all the investigators have in common Brian Burnham. The boy who manages the First National Grocery, and who went missing. All of the current pre-gen characters have become interested in Innsmouth because of him (with the exception of the Gangster who is following the PI due to his mountain of debt to the mafia).

#6 Jebediah

Jebediah

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:30 AM

Perhaps this individual has had a family member, a brother or son, disappear in Innsmouth in the same manner (it's been referenced in The Shadow Over Innsmouth that it's happened more than once), and is joining the investigation because they suspect the same thing has happened again?

#7 HellHound01

HellHound01

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

I went with something similar to what you suggested!

Posted Image

I'm still down three players for this afternoon however. Hopefully I'll find a couple people.

Posted Image

Nick is a tough guy, big game hunter, and loving older brother.

Last PC left in my game. If anyone wants him let me know, we are starting a 3:10 PM Eastern.

#8 fox01313

fox01313

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationDFW, TX

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:06 AM

Looks like things are going stellar so far & I'll be curious to see how this turns out as the setting of Innsmouth is always a fun one. I will say if ever getting stuck in the future for pregen characters or rolling one up is to pick one of the myriad of professions in the 1920s Investigator Companion book as there's plenty of fun ideas there.

Roll20 & google+ have been pretty good the last few times I've used it though the last time with google+ it was a little wonky on getting the group chat started. Overall I like Roll20 more than Infrno but apart from that preference both work really well as Call of Cthulhu games. Still need to get into an online Trail of Cthulhu game to see how that goes but expect it to go about the same.

Edited by fox01313, 19 January 2014 - 04:07 AM.

"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

#9 Ramblurr

Ramblurr

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:32 AM

I love those character portraits! Where did you get them? Are they freely available?

I'm running a Trail of Cthulhu game on Roll 20 this Friday. Any specific tips on setting up the virtual table?

On a related note, I'm working on a Trail of Cthulhu character sheet for Roll 20, interested?

#10 Ganaud

Ganaud

Master

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:31 PM

@Ramblurr they are from one of the PDFs from Chaosium, not sure which one, but I've seen them before. You can use Foxit PDF Reader or Windows Snipping Tool to cut out the portraits and save them to HDD, and then upload them into the Roll20 character sheet.