46 replies to this topic

#21 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,177 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:44 PM

I checked today; the venue now has Wi-Fi and we should have access.

* File Uploads for (almost) All *

#22 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,177 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

I've set up a new thread regarding the online version of Games Day, a trial event with "Yog Con Zero"...

[Yog Con 0] Online Cthulhu Convention 22nd March

Do feel free to join in!

#23 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,177 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

In breaking news for YSDC Games Day 2, Fin will be running a "mystery scenario" from Tales of the Crescent City, Golden Goblin's new Call of Cthulhu scenario anthology that is currently in Kickstarter.

Organisation is also underway for the "Sanity Rolls" service - yes, custom sandwiches delivered directly to you at your gaming table while you play!

#24 Fallingtower

Fallingtower

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:17 AM

Yog Drone 1. 

By that I mean have somebody walk around with a video camera and let them interact with a few folks, maybe check out the vendor booths and do a general stroll about. 

"The die is cast"
- Julius Caesar (ultimate power gamer)

“Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.”
HPL

#25 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,177 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

I suspect you may have our Games Day conflated with Gen Con. ;-)

It's not a huge convention (only 25 players + GMs and the Yoggie stall). On the day I imagine everyone will occupied playing games. :-)

I will try and take a few photos, though!

#26 Fallingtower

Fallingtower

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

I'm just interested. It's been more than a few years since I went to a game con. Even if it's just a wee one.

"The die is cast"
- Julius Caesar (ultimate power gamer)

“Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.”
HPL

#27 Azimuth

Azimuth

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

YSDC gets a mention in the latest Crescent City update - exciting! https://www.kickstar...es/posts/783398

We’re pushing hard to have one scenario completely ready, with maps and handouts, by the end of this week so it can be run this weekend by Finlay Patterson for the YSDC game day.

#28 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,177 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

Should be fun. :-)

I've just sent out a final email (to those on the ticket list). Look forward to seeing people on Saturday!

#29 RogerBW

RogerBW

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Locationnear London, UK

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

Just got home; a great time was had! Thanks again to PoC and the crew; all right, just like last year I spent more time driving than I did gaming, but it was still fun!

Role-playing: Tekeli-li including podcast "Improvised Radio Theatre - With Dice" and the new home of Whartson Hall Gamers
3d printing for boardgames, RPGs, etc.

#30 MikeM

MikeM

Chaosium Inc.

• Publisher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

great day - thanks!

Mike M, Line Editor for Call of Cthulhu, Chaosium Inc.

#31 Azimuth

Azimuth

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:52 PM

I had a great time once again - thanks to PoC and the gang for organising it; thanks to Helen for keeping us supplied with tasty comestibles, and to Marty for bringing the wonderful Necronomicake. Fin's scenario, 'Bloodlines', was both memorable and morally ambiguous - great work from Golden Goblin and Fin to get it ready and playable in time.

Really enjoyed meeting old friends and new - here's hoping for a third incarnation!

#32 griffin

griffin

Community Patron

• Patron
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:31 AM

I had a fantastic time! 😊 thanks YSDC for organising. Helen's food and drink was great and meant i could get into character with a coffee. Val had obviously put in a lot of work for her game set in the Big Easy. That was a lot of fun and we didn't all die, so yay! Apologies though to Val for getting distracted on the plot when the masks were handed out to decorate. I was def having a bit of a blue peter moment at that point ☺️. It was great to put some names to faces as well. Roll on the next one!

#33 Gol-Goroth

Gol-Goroth

Golden Goblin Press

• Publisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

I had a great time once again - thanks to PoC and the gang for organising it; thanks to Helen for keeping us supplied with tasty comestibles, and to Marty for bringing the wonderful Necronomicake. Fin's scenario, 'Bloodlines', was both memorable and morally ambiguous - great work from Golden Goblin and Fin to get it ready and playable in time.

Really enjoyed meeting old friends and new - here's hoping for a third incarnation!

Memorable and morally ambiguous...  What a great compliment!  I'm glad we were able to pull it together and get Finn the material in time.  My staff dropped everything last week to get that ready (it was something we needed to do anyway).  

Founder of Golden Goblin Press : Golden Goblin Press
Check out my Blog : Oscar Rios - Minion of Cthulhu

#34 Azimuth

Azimuth

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

Val had obviously put in a lot of work for her game set in the Big Easy. That was a lot of fun and we didn't all die, so yay! Apologies though to Val for getting distracted on the plot when the masks were handed out to decorate. I was def having a bit of a blue peter moment at that point ☺️. It was great to put some names to faces as well. Roll on the next one!

The masks looked like a lot of fun - and prompted this exchange between Jack and myself:

Jack (having just been driven hopelessly mad by a Colour out of Space): Why are they wearing masks?

Me: *deadpan* What masks?

Memorable and morally ambiguous...  What a great compliment!  I'm glad we were able to pull it together and get Finn the material in time.  My staff dropped everything last week to get that ready (it was something we needed to do anyway).  

I thought the scenario worked really nicely; I loved the artwork, the handouts added a lot of flavour, it felt like a proper investigation, and I get the feeling that it could act as a great springboard for further adventures, given the unusual alliances our characters chose to make.

I was also fortunate enough to be in a group with some great players, so thanks to all of them, too - I think MikeM's wonderfully brusque, efficient German character could have talked his way out of most tricky situations :)

#35 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Breakfast Clubber

• YSDC Studio
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

One successful YSDC Games Day could have been a fluke, but two in a row can only be deliberate!

A hugely enjoyable weekend all round. Eldritch horrors, game Russian accents, confusing chutney, magnificent muffins and the Blue Peter table: what other convention can offer all that?  :-D

"I can't stand burnt toast. I loathe bus stations. Terrible places, full of lost luggage and lost souls... And then there's unrequited love. And tyranny. And cruelty." - The Doctor

#36 onewild

onewild

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

Thanks for orangising a great day and thank you for Fin for running a great game. I echo the statement that Bloodlines was morally ambiguous and I really liked that aspect. Thank you to Val for the lift back to the hotel as well. Man I was so stuffed after that meal that drinking the dark ale was not a good idea.

#37 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,177 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

Had a great time, thanks to everyone who attended (and those who ran games) and thank you to Chaosium being an event sponsor!

Here are a few photos (more to follow I suspect).

YSDC Games Day 2 - Cakes
A few of the comestibles available.

YSDC Games Day 2 - MTS-Kh37
Getting my stuff together to run Machine Tractor Station - Kharkov 37.

YSDC Games Day 2 - Chris's Game
Chris and some of his group.

YSDC Games Day 2 - Friends
Jon (BigJackBrass), Fin, Patrik (Paddurz) and Mike (MikeM).

YSDC Games Day 2 - Steve's Game
Steve (TheScientist) running his Gingerbread Lovechild (Savage Worlds system) game.

YSDC Games Day 2 - Val's Game
Val and Mardis Gras.

YSDC Games Day 2 - Val's Game Masks
The masks of Mardis Gras!

#38 Hagen

Hagen

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationConway County, NJ

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:24 AM

Yay for Bloodlines! Yay!

Founder of B.B.P.K [Bring Back Professor Krueger] Campaign
Miskatonic River Press and Golden Goblin Press - Loyal Minion #1
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

#39 BenJoss

BenJoss

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

Quick note from me to say thanks so much for the great day on Saturday,  In particular to Paul and Helen for organising the day, the catering and a great meal afterwards. :mrgreen:

Great game from Chris, looking forward to running it myself in the future.

Pleasure to make new acquaintances and was made to feel very welcome.

Hope to see some of you at the UK Games Expo and if not then hopefully at the next games day!

Ben

#40 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

*Waits with twiddling thumbs for the audio so as to gleam some of the joy of this spectacle*

Papers and Paychecks Kickstarter! Ends Christmas Eve! Be late and feel the wrath of HR...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Convention