5 replies to this topic

#1 DannKriss

DannKriss

Neophyte

• 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:52 AM

d4bf4af966a639e242141e4e32d64901_large.j

Greetings fellow cultists,

I wanted to let you know about an awesome project on Kickstarter from a friend of mine. Shane Tyree has already made a name for himself on Kickstarter from his former work as lead artist and art director for Albino Dragon, and in the role-playing community for his work with AEG and Fantasy Flight, crafting art for such titles as Call Of Cthulhu, Shadowrun, and Warhammer Fantasy

Now he's out doing his own thing, and his first offering is a follow-up to his record-breaking Call Of Cthulhu Bicycle Playing Card decks from autumn 2012. This time he's created a whole new vision for the decks, both Limited and Unlimited editions, and is also crafting a Lovecraftian Tarot deck as part of the project! Go check it out and show him some love! http://www.kickstart...laying-cards-an

Hope to see you there!

Best Regards,

Dann

#2 Aklo

Aklo

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:11 AM

Very interesting art, congrats on the funding!

The Optimist in me says we live in the best of all possible worlds...The Pessimist in me believes this is true.

#3 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

I've backed it and can't wait - "The Hanged Man" card shows Abdul Al'ahzred being "taken" by the Mythos in Damascus.

I've always wanted a tarot but never got around to buying one - finally I have found one that ticks my boxes.

Another one I've backed is a "cutesy" Mythos playing card deck here:

www.kickstarter.com/projects/cthulhuproject/cthulhu-playing-cards-game

Check it out, if only for the original song that plays over the Kickstarter video which is genius ( but please consider backing ).

Edited by Tony Williams, 25 November 2013 - 09:39 AM.

Do you play Trail of Cthulhu ? You may find these downloads useful...

The Condensed Rules for Trail of Cthulhu PDF - the rulebook as slim as it can go.

The Enchiridion of Elucidation PDF - a guidebook for both players and Keepers, with advice on playing the game.

#4 kin242

kin242

Master

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:35 PM

2 years later and your friend Shane has yet to deliver. He doesnt even provide an inkling of when if ever he is planning to ship anything out in his sporadic updates. Caveat Emptor,  but very very disappointing!

Do you read Sutter Cane?

#5 Mawdrigen

Mawdrigen

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationGoatswood aka Reading

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:15 PM

Yeah sadly I've finally had to request a refund. I won't get it but still...
The Cult of Tea and Dice
For when you have to play Games and drink Tea

#6 MOB

MOB

Chaosium Inc.

• Publisher
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, VIC Australia

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:18 PM

We don't want backers to be prevented by Chaosium from getting what they've paid Shane Tyree to produce, although we would be within our rights to terminate the Writhing Dark Kickstarter agreements. But because Shane has the actual product in hand and sincerely states that he still wishes to deliver, we have instead issued a special license extension. This is strictly limited to fulfilling the original Writhing Dark and Extended Edition Kickstarter rewards and expires on completion.

More details here: https://www.chaosium...rk-kickstarters

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fundraiser