• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bloodymage

bloodymage

Master

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:29 AM

I've emailed Chris with no response, but I've had a scenario involving KenzerCo's Aces & Eights segueing into a CoC  insane fest. Running it has been a comedy of financal errors but I hope to present it at NTRPGCon next year. What I want is permision to publish this  under my own imprimatur. Maybe I can get it this way.

Edited by bloodymage, 11 November 2013 - 05:30 AM.

Join YSDC Today

#2 bloodymage

bloodymage

Master

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:26 AM

Well, got an answer from K&C and it's a no-go for publishing.

#3 Cole

Cole

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • LocationBucks County, PA

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

Does Kenzer & Co do any licensing? Did you submit your adventure to them for consideration to publish for you?

Sounds like a nifty idea.  I've played both A&8 and CoC in my day, so I'd love to see your work see the light of day.

Playing/Running:  Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3e, Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, Night's Black Agents

Philly-area gamer?  http://meetup.com/GamePodz

#4 GBSteve

GBSteve

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

Could you do it using just Call of Cthulhu, or perhaps some other system such as Savage Worlds? Realms is pretty easy to pulp up I imagine. My go to Western System is Owl Hoot Trail which is d20 and very easy to run, but it won't have the plethora of subsystems that exist in A&E (which is partly why I like it). Whilst this wasn't overtly Cthulhesque, Tsathoggua did show his hairy hide and the Christmas game was a kind of black nativity horror fest.

The Armitage Files, now with added Ennie Award.

#5 wombat1

wombat1

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

To what extent does it depend on the Shattered Frontier setting and to what extent could it be placed in a historical context/  Because if it doesn't need the shattered frontier particularly, it could just be re written as BRP material, and Aces and Eights (though fun) can go by the boards.