280 replies to this topic

#41 Badger

Badger

Greater Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:26 AM

Man, i dunno...if there's not going to be a pony in this Kickstarter, i may have to take back my pledge.

-=Badger, who would be happy with just half a pony.

Designer of Eldritch Tomes for Chaosium, Pagan, MRP, GGP
www.squamousstudios.com || Twitter: @squamousstudios
The only way to escape terror is to bury yourself in it.

#42 MonkeyPrime

MonkeyPrime

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

New pledge level announced and still no pony *shakes head*

First Badger, who next Jon, who next? I will be putting this in my survey!

Why no pony?
"Give me pony, or give me death.... or quiche actually that would be nice as well"

#43 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

Can we have a pony with tentacles for legs ?

Do you play Trail of Cthulhu ? You may find these downloads useful...

The Condensed Rules for Trail of Cthulhu PDF - the rulebook as slim as it can go.

The Enchiridion of Elucidation PDF - a guidebook for both players and Keepers, with advice on playing the game.

#44 GiovanniRoma

GiovanniRoma

Neophyte

• 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

I'm in.

#45 Paddurz

Paddurz

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationWest (Best) Coast of Sweden

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Can we have a pony with tentacles for legs ?

Would that be an octopony?

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

http://twitter.com/paddurz

#46 Tigger_MK4

Tigger_MK4

Greater Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

I foresee a new toy range ; mi-gos little octopony...

P.s. Anyone wants to give me £30 and I'll be happy to them a pony in return.
But not an octopony, coz that would be £200....anyone interested in ponying up?
My Beyond the Mountains of Madness blog

"RULES" ARE GUIDELINES !

#47 Jon Hodgson

Jon Hodgson

Master

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

There will be ponies when everyone deserves ponies.

For now there are a bunch of new reward graphics and a reward matrix to offer a bunch of ways to digest what you can get at each pledge level.  Hopefully this will help clear up any confusion.  There's an awful lot of stuff to be had at every pledge level due to PDFs being available of everything to everyone as they are unlocked.

Cubicle 7 Creative Director

#48 paladin2769

paladin2769

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationSI, NY

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

At the risk of sounding dense, as a Pearly King in Yellow, aren't the various add-ons included as part of that level?  Like the pad of character sheets, the journal, the cards of the smoke?

I am unable to download or view the clickable pic in the Kickstarter here at work (due to firewall issues - the pic is linked to the cubicle7 site which is blocked for me).  :(

Edited by paladin2769, 21 November 2013 - 01:17 PM.

#49 Emrys

Emrys

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, UK

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

At the risk of sounding dense, as a Pearly King in Yellow, aren't the various add-ons included as part of that level?  Like the pad of character sheets, the journal, the cards of the smoke?

I am unable to download or view the clickable pic in the Kickstarter here at work (due to firewall issues - the pic is linked to the cubicle7 site which is blocked for me).  :(

That's certainly what the KS page says - the first two bullet points under Pearly King in Yellow (and reanimated) specify physical and PDF copies of "everything unlocked throughout the campaign, including add ons." (their emphasis).

Nightmares in Norfolk did come back, albeit briefly, with a brand new group of investigators! Why not visit and see if you see when I went wrong (and, for the love of Dagon, comment)?

#50 Tigger_MK4

Tigger_MK4

Greater Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:17 AM

There will be ponies when everyone deserves ponies.
For now there are a bunch of new reward graphics and a reward matrix to offer a bunch of ways to digest what you can get at each pledge level.  Hopefully this will help clear up any confusion.  There's an awful lot of stuff to be had at every pledge level due to PDFs being available of everything to everyone as they are unlocked.

Thanks Jon, the new matrix and graphics are very helpful.
My Beyond the Mountains of Madness blog

"RULES" ARE GUIDELINES !

#51 Jon Hodgson

Jon Hodgson

Master

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:27 AM

The Pearly King in Yellow pledge level does indeed give you physical copies of *everything* we unlock, be they add ons or expansions for the boxed set. This includes things we haven't mentioned yet.

The only things you don't get at Pearly King level are the pre-existing Cthulhu Britannica books, your likeness as an NPC, or the personal one off adventure.

You do get physical and PDF copies of everything else.

#52 MonkeyPrime

MonkeyPrime

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

There was more chat about this when ponys were involved! Just saying like! Do i need to invoke Sandy again?

"Give me pony, or give me death.... or quiche actually that would be nice as well"

#53 Jon Hodgson

Jon Hodgson

Master

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

We broke £50,000 overnight, racing through the stretch goal for a postcard from Green & Pleasant Land (amongst a host of other legendary products) contributor Marc Gascoigne!  A postcard from Eddy Webb is in sight, and not far behind that the physical boxed set of postcards unlocks.  The Postcard Boxed Set will be a beautiful artefact - a set of period style postcards, each containing a seed for London Call of Cthulhu adventures, in a sturdy box from a veritable who's who of rpg writers.  It's exclusive to the Kickstarter.  

We're at the halfway mark now, and it's really exciting to see just how far this one will go!

In other other news, Neve has reported in from London in a new postcard.

You can catch up with Neve's story so far on the C7 website: http://www.cubicle7....ndon-boxed-set/

And lastly here's that all important link to the Kickstarter itself: http://www.kickstart...thulhu-rpg-boxe

#54 SJE

SJE

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

This is really useful, yoggies. Much appreciated.

Your comments have been noted and we're going to go with 6E with a 7E conversion guide penned by 7E luminaries Paul Fricker and Scott Dorward.

Thanks again!

FYI, Dominic McDowell of C7 has announced they are going another way- in the Comments thread of the Kickstarter he said:

"Cthulhu Britannica: London will be statted for 7th edition, with conversion information and (where appropriate) sidebars so that it remains fully compatible with 6th edition."  http://www.kickstart...comment-5269925

Running Curse of Nineveh. Survivor of Horror on the Orient Express @ GenCon2013. Keepered Beyond the Lighthouse of Madness, Shadows of Yog Sothoth: Fight Club, and Innsmouth, Masks of Nyarlathotep in London, World War Cthulhu - Saint Cernouf Sandbox

#55 Dreadwatcher

Dreadwatcher

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

FYI, Dominic McDowell of C7 has announced they are going another way- in the Comments thread of the Kickstarter he said:

"Cthulhu Britannica: London will be statted for 7th edition, with conversion information and (where appropriate) sidebars so that it remains fully compatible with 6th edition."  http://www.kickstart...comment-5269925

Excellent idea this way the box set is off the starting block with the most recent edition of the rule set, I was hoping for this. 

#56 paladin2769

paladin2769

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationSI, NY

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

I just read over at the kickstarter page that the project will not be written for 6th edition, as we were told here recently (after taking our response to the online poll).  I'm really disappointed over the switcheroo especially after the kickstarter started.  This is probably a dealbreaker for me (and a PKIY backer too).

#57 MonkeyPrime

MonkeyPrime

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

To be honest I think it makes sense, 7th edition is going to be the standard and if you want to future proof your product why wouldn't you bring it out in the most recent edition? Saves on bringing out a second edition of the box set. From what I've picked the conversion down to 6th is straightforward so it shouldn't be too hard?

#58 paladin2769

paladin2769

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationSI, NY

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

The point is that this was announced as a 6th edition project (after taking a poll at this forum) and that was why I chose to back it (as PKIY).  The switch to 7e AFTER the kickstarter was launched, not to mention that the kickstarter didn't address the change to 7e until after someone asked specifically which edition was being used is my problem.

I playtested 7e and while I backed that Kickstarter, frankly, I prefer 6th edition and so does my group.  I wouldn't have backed the London box set if it was announced at the beginning that it was 7e.  I'm really disappointed over this and will more than likely drop my backing over this.

#59 MonkeyPrime

MonkeyPrime

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Well fair enough then, it's your right as a backer and consumer to do so, I'm of the opinion that it's ok and 6 or 7 matters not, bring on the weirdness in London! I though I was getting a Call of Cthulhu sourcebook and I'm getting one, so I'm happy enough. If you really don't like the version then you don't like it, and you're best not getting a book in that system. In the other thread of this they said there was 6th edition sidebar conversions if that helps?
If not then yeah pull out now and buy a pony, it's what I would do!

#60 SJE

SJE

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

By all means drop out of PKIY if its an absolute deal breaker, but given how coveted the 100 PKIY spots are, you might want to hold on till near the end of the Kickstarter just in case they add something additional as a stretch goal that you really love.

Personally I prefer 7e to 6th, but its not a huge dealbreaker either way to me, as I'm using 6th Ed Masks with the 7e QSR and the players are still having a whale of a time.  Also a straw poll of a few dozen Yoggies isnt a basis to base commercial decisions on - that sample size is far too small.

Running Curse of Nineveh. Survivor of Horror on the Orient Express @ GenCon2013. Keepered Beyond the Lighthouse of Madness, Shadows of Yog Sothoth: Fight Club, and Innsmouth, Masks of Nyarlathotep in London, World War Cthulhu - Saint Cernouf Sandbox

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fundraiser