#21 tgaitskell

tgaitskell

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationLewes, UK

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Good news! Due to the popularity of The Pearly King in Yellow pledge level, which sold out in one day, we've added The Pearly King in Yellow (Reanimated) pledge level.  The cost is slightly higher on this second chance, since if we sold too many of the original deal we'd be in trouble, but it's still a very good deal -  A thank you to all you early adopters who are propelling us towards those stretch goals. 

Excellent news. Very gracious indeed of you, sir.

Thank heavens for that. Pledged at aforementioned level.

#22 hamster

hamster

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

I've not been able to resist, backed at the highest level I can afford!

#23 Afraid of the dark

Afraid of the dark

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

Personally I think the Reanimated should be higher, as the whole idea of a  Kickstarter is to get in early, while it's running, and the earlier the better, as it encourages more people to get in on it.

Please have a read of the game "The Sanitarium," on my Blog. Say what you think!

#24 Badger

Badger

Greater Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hello, Badger

Pearly King In Yellow levels offer physical copies of everything produced by the Kickstarter (Immortalised Pearly King In Yellow adds the option to have an artistic portrait of you used for one of the NPCs in one of the books)

Rule Britannica offers a physical copy of the Cthulhu Britannica: London Boxed Set and PDFs of everything produced by the Kickstarter AND (vitally important) physical and PDFs of every previous Cthulhu Britannica publication (Avalon, Shadows Over Scotland, Folklore, and the eponymous collection of adventures). It a huge bundle of books!

I hope that helps.

EDIT: I should mention that as of this morning all 100 Pearly King In Yellow pledges are now taken. Immortalised Pearly King In Yellow and Rule Britannica options remain available.

EDIT EDIT: And threehours later, now there are another 100 Pearly King In Yellow options added for those who missed the early bird option (see below).

That helps a lot, Stuart, thanks! I would definitely not have wanted to go with the Britannica option, as i already have most of those books. Thanks for opening up more Pearly KiY! Pledging now...

-=badger

Designer of Eldritch Tomes for Chaosium, Pagan, MRP, GGP
www.squamousstudios.com || Twitter: @squamousstudios
The only way to escape terror is to bury yourself in it.

#25 hamster

hamster

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

People on Kickstarter are asking about Con pickups to avoid shipping costs, I wonder if collection from the Cubicle 7 offices would be a (cheeky) option, as I'm just down the road ;)

It would also avoid the addressing mix ups that have happened on my orders from the Cubicle 7 website!

#26 Necrothesp

Necrothesp

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

It's always hard to decided whether to back a Kickstarter when you don't know what the retail price is going to be! Are those of us who back it going to lose out when it hits the retailers?

See my blog on all things legal in CoC: The Law of Cthulhu

#27 SJE

SJE

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

I'd guess it is about £50 RRP, since retailers are being offered it at £25 and they usually buy things at 40-60% of RRP for their margin.

The other point is that if the kickstarter didnt fund, there wouldnt be a retail release or RRP, since the problem with boxed sets is that they are so expensive the market doesnt support them any more.  Its a risk worth doing if you have lots of committed pre-orders at full price (which is what this Kickstarter has established).

The real question is what the print run and after market is going to be like? If Cubicle 7 do a fairly limited print run (again, boxed sets are expensive if they dont sell through)  then prices could remain high. but if there is lots of copies, many sold via Amazon, then yes you might be better off waiting to pick up a used one.

SJE

Running Curse of Nineveh. Survivor of Horror on the Orient Express @ GenCon2013. Keepered Beyond the Lighthouse of Madness, Shadows of Yog Sothoth: Fight Club, and Innsmouth, Masks of Nyarlathotep in London, World War Cthulhu - Saint Cernouf Sandbox

#28 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,419 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

It's been confirmed that the box itself will be made of 2mm thick cardboard, so quite sturdy.

If you have Cubicle 7's "11th Doctor" Dr. Who RPG box set you'll know the type they intend to use.

I would also like to suggest that the box is produced deep enough that there's room for a couple of future supplements as well...

#29 Badger

Badger

Greater Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

I would also like to suggest that the box is produced deep enough that there's room for a couple of future supplements as well...

Paul brings up an excellent point. Yes, extra room for papers and supplements and whatnot, please!

Maybe a hamper? ;)

-=b

#30 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationShadowy Scotland

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

With the £30,000 goal achieved, the box will now be full of more content...

More detail on London, more Mythos, more art, more scenarios, more handouts, and more maps!

Cthulhu Britannica: London Boxed Set Kickstarter

#31 Afraid of the dark

Afraid of the dark

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

Respectfully, it might be wise to have something, or some "things" :8E: in the Kickstarter box that will not appear in the non Kickstarter sets sold.  This would then tease people to part with that cash to make it a fuller set. I'm not knocking the guy who brought it up, but if people have the lookout of, "I'll wait" then nothing might happen. Lethargy, can lead to, "well, I'll do that later."  Where as when later comes, it's forgotten, and the thought is lost, or something else comes up to buy.  I've organised stuff in the past, Christmas do's, days out etc. The, "Hmmnnnn I'll let you know, usually ended up with nothing actually happening."  If everyone took the, I'll wait and get the same thing cheaper, then nothing would happen. I understand the "save a  penny" attitude, I'm one to wait for something to come up second hand, and it always does eventually. But that's usually with a  product that is already out there, or is definitely going to come out either way.  That said, this is definitely going to come out, I think we all knew that anyway!

I assumed, that the higher grades of levels, would have something more. A few plans, or something, that might be available separately to the standard shop set, or not at all. The HOtOE boxed set I bought was a classic of this. The standard set sold in the shops, is just not going to have teacups and all the guff that I wanted. The standard adventure will be in the shops though, and for a lower price.  All depends on what you want, just the basic books, or that little extra,........

I'd happily collect from a con, but UK £12 postage, is pretty reasonable, due to the hefty weight.

Hope the above is not taken as being rude.  I learnt that if you ask someone if they want to do something, and they don't say "Yes!" then that's a no. That may sound obvious, but if you think about it, it's smack on the money. Anyway, I'm wafflin,........

Please have a read of the game "The Sanitarium," on my Blog. Say what you think!

#32 Jon Hodgson

Jon Hodgson

Master

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Neve Selcibuc's next postcard from 1920s London has arrived! http://www.cubicle7....rd-from-london/

We also mention in this posting that thing have taken off at an absolutely rip-roaring rate - Doubling goal in just two days!  We're all extremely humbled by the show of support for what we plan to do with the London Boxed Set.

We realise everyone is extremely hungry for additional information, so please bear with us whilst we catch up with just how fast this has gone from "I wonder if we'll fund?" to "200% funded"!  The Pearly King in Yellow pledge level really surprised us.  That completely selling out in one day was a very nice surprise - we weren't sure if anyone would take the plunge on that at all.  The second slightly more expensive version is almost sold out too.  It looks like we underestimated demand for that one!

So. We have a solid plan in place of updates and the like, we just need to switch that up into 6th gear to reflect how quickly we've blown through our first round of goals. Expect lots more information to be forthcoming in the next day or two. 

Thanks again!

Edited by Jon Hodgson, 14 November 2013 - 10:17 PM.

Cubicle 7 Creative Director

#33 Badger

Badger

Greater Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

Can i make a suggestion, and have the postcards from Neve be clickable, spawning a new window with a larger version of the image? Right now, it's difficult to read what's written on the 'card.

Thanks,

-=b

#34 leecachu

leecachu

Neophyte

• 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:40 AM

Probably my least favorite thing about Kickstarter are the little things you only get if you happen to lucky enough to find out about these projects before they end or before they sell out. I have no problem with early adopters getting little freebies but there are quite a lot of projects I found out about too late or that I didn't have the money to fund at the time. Some of them I would have been happy to pay for, as a late-comer,  when there was room in the budget. I love Kickstarter and funding projects I'm excited about. I'm always a little disappointed when the door of one of those exclusives closes before I've had a chance to peak inside. I have to applaud Cubicle 7 for giving people a second chance at what is a very popular option.

Edited by leecachu, 15 November 2013 - 02:09 AM.

#35 Jon Hodgson

Jon Hodgson

Master

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

Can i make a suggestion, and have the postcards from Neve be clickable, spawning a new window with a larger version of the image? Right now, it's difficult to read what's written on the 'card.

Thanks,

-=b

The one on the c7 site does just that.  We'll see what we can arrange for the one on the Kickstarter page though!

Edit: Done!

Edited by Jon Hodgson, 15 November 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#36 Shrike

Shrike

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

The Pearly King in Yellow pledge level really surprised us.  That completely selling out in one day was a very nice surprise - we weren't sure if anyone would take the plunge on that at all.  The second slightly more expensive version is almost sold out too.  It looks like we underestimated demand for that one!

I for one was ready to pledge at that level, but it was sold out when I checked this morning.  :cry:

#37 MonkeyPrime

MonkeyPrime

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

Backed my first ever kickstarter! Now I would like a full-size Cthulhu, a red telephone box, a keepers screen and a pony!
"Give me pony, or give me death.... or quiche actually that would be nice as well"

#38 Jon Hodgson

Jon Hodgson

Master

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

Pony rides unlock at £150,000*

Thank you for all your support!

So! A Monday update on our Cthulhu Britannica London Boxed Set Kickstarter. We've unlocked the 3 part campaign book, which is very exciting!

At the time of writing we now have £273 to go to unlock Robin Laws' postcard adventure seed. The adventure seed postcard pack is really starting to shape up with a sea of tremendous talent involved from both the UK and around the world. We'll be releasing more information about that add on as the week progresses, so stay tuned.

We now have £2273 to go to unlock the 4th part of the campaign. This will need a bit of a push, but we think we can do it, and we really hope to bring you this expanded campaign book set in 1920s London.

Upcoming we have a postcard from the mighty Gav Thorpe, and beyond that at £50,000 it's the 5th part of the campaign!
TIMETABLEforum.jpg
And Neve's next postcard from London came out at the end of last week.  She's facing something of a conundrum, can you help?

*untrue

#39 MonkeyPrime

MonkeyPrime

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

Pony rides unlock at £150,000*

*untrue

Damn it Jon, why is there no love for a Cubicle 7 branded pony? How are we going to get to part five of this campaign if we neglect what the kids want?

Pony!
"Give me pony, or give me death.... or quiche actually that would be nice as well"

#40 Jon Hodgson

Jon Hodgson

Master

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

There's a big update over at the Cthulhu Britannica London Boxed Set Kickstarter! 
We have a new pledge level - Me and My Ghoul, which gives you the boxed set plus physical copies of the first 3 stretch goals unlocked - The Campaign Book, The London Postcard Set and Cards from the Smoke.

We reveal new stretch goals, featuring postcards to add to the set by Marc Gascoigne, Eddy Webb, Jess Hartley and Epidiah Ravachol and the mighty Ken Hite. There's also levels at which the campaign book grows, the sets of postcards unlock, and the Cards of the Smoke boxed set unlocks. 

We also showcase the first set of add ons:
- The Campaign Book (already unlocked, already grown from previous stretch goals), now available for add on,
- A beautiful boxed set of postcard adventure seeds from a dazzling array of industry luminaries which will hopefully grow throughout the campaign, 
- AND another boxed set of beautiful large format cards - Cards of the Smoke - featuring NPCs, threats, locations and more.

http://www.kickstart...thulhu-rpg-boxe

Thanks as ever for your continuing support!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fundraiser