7 replies to this topic

#1 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,403 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

We've had a few people report problems with downloads.

It turns out that this was because they were trying to access items from the Patron Files section.

To download files from this area you need to be a Patron of Yog-Sothoth!

#2 hangfire

hangfire

Neophyte

• 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:34 PM

This is pretty confusing to newcomers, because there's no indication that a file is in the Patron section if you get a link straight to the download page (eg. from the wiki) -- https://www.yog-soth...ts-over-arkham/

It'd be much smoother if the "Denied" page said something more definitive, like: "Sorry, you don't have permission for that.It is for Patrons only. yog-sothoth.com/patron"

Similarly, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to tell if your account is approved or not. 

Just some feedback :) 

#3 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,403 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:59 PM

Thank you for the feedback.

...there's no indication that a file is in the Patron section if you get a link straight to the download page (eg. from the wiki) -- https://www.yog-soth...ts-over-arkham/

You can look at the file's location in the file structure to see if it is or not.

patron-only-file-indicator.jpg

It'd be much smoother if the "Denied" page said something more definitive, like: "Sorry, you don't have permission for that.It is for Patrons only. yog-sothoth.com/patron"

Indeed, and it should actually say something that. It doesn't. Maybe the next site upgrade will fix that. [Edit: In fact I may have been able to fix that now.]

Similarly, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to tell if your account is approved or not.

Actually there is an easy way. You will stop seeing the awaiting approval banner plastered all over the site. :-)

validating-account-awaiting-approval-banner.jpg

#4 bc1911man

bc1911man

Neophyte

• Patron
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:45 PM

I was a patron last month and I didn't change anything. Do I have to renew? Can't download and get the not a patron message. Help, please?

#5 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,403 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:45 PM

That should be fixed for you now.

#6 bc1911man

bc1911man

Neophyte

• Patron
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:09 AM

Thanks, Paul.  I can download again and get my fix.  :-D :-D :-D

#7 Doctor_TOC

Doctor_TOC

Master

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:54 PM

I'm getting "Server wants your password" messages when trying to download certain files. I've checked the file locations, and there's nothing to indicate these are Patron only files (for example the scenario "The Return of Dr Moreau"). When this comes up, entering my username and password just gets me the "looks like you need a higher authority" page. I can't see a difference between the files that I'm denied and the ones I can access, but I'm willing to admit I may just be missing something obvious. 

So, what am I missing?

#8 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,403 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:03 PM

The Moreau download should work for you now.