Photo
- - - - -

Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion - Where can I get it?

Publisher Buy Jazz Age CoC 1-6e

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#101 gabrielconnor

gabrielconnor

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:04 PM

I contacted Sixtystone Press and was able to back the kickstarter and get the PDF! Yay! 

Now unto my next problem. I want to print this out, maybe a hardcover, make it of equal size to the other CoC sourcebooks. Any suggestions for print on demand services? Also what size/layout will give me the desired result? I live in the UK if that helps.

#102 nclarke

nclarke

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationSunny South Coast

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:18 AM

UK POD services are Lightning Source in Milton Keynes (used by Drivethru RPG) and Lulu. I've found Lulu really easy to use. Both offer the opportunity to print hard or soft cover and in US letter size (which is what all/most of the Chaosium books are). Bear in mind it's often not a case of uploading a file but doing so for the body of the text and separately again for the cover so you will need some ability with the technical side of computing. The cover can be tricky as it usually needs to be of specific dimensions so you might need to deal with various graphics applications to make it fit.

Printing is something like 3-5 business days with a similar time for shipping.

Lulu is often slightly more expensive but I've certainly found their quality to be very good. Best bet is to acquire a discount code (they are often seen floating about on various fora) before placing your order with Lulu.

#103 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:23 AM

I've used Lulu ( but only for softback saddle stitched ).

Like n says above you usually need the internals as one PDF and the cover-spread as another PDF to upload to POD sites.

Also, if the internals have full side to side copy ( either top or bottom ) which the MoNC does on most pages ( the top page graphic headers ) then you should use the full-bleed options for the uploaded pages otherwise it can turn out a bit "off" when the pages are guillotined and you can end up with little slivers of whitespace showing at the edges of the page.

Having the full-bleed PDF internals is something you might want to contact Sixtystone about and asking if they will give you a copy ( they may also be able to give you the cover spread PDF too ).

Do you play Trail of Cthulhu ? You may find these downloads useful...

The Condensed Rules for Trail of Cthulhu PDF - the rulebook as slim as it can go.

The Enchiridion of Elucidation PDF - a guidebook for both players and Keepers, with advice on playing the game.

#104 viyullas

viyullas

Neophyte

• 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 08:08 PM

I supposse I've just missed something, but... where can I get a pdf copy of the final version?

I've readed someplace that I just have to become a patron, is that true?

#105 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,416 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 15 November 2016 - 08:15 PM

See posts a few above yours for possible availability.

No, becoming a Patron will not get you the Masks Companion PDF I'm afraid.

#106 Tazera

Tazera

Neophyte

• 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:57 PM

Hi fellow cultists:

I was wondering, where to find a copy for the amazing companion to this great campaign? I have version 9 on PDF, and I just read there was a kickstarter campaign (how could I miss this?) that ended months ago... it is still possible to get a physical copy?

Iä ! Iä ! Cthulhu fhtagn !

#107 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,416 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:44 AM

Threads merged.

#108 LondonGentleman

LondonGentleman

Neophyte

• Patron
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

Hey guys, any news on whether the companion might be made available again?  Maybe in POD form?  I'd love to get my hands on it one of these days!

#109 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,416 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:21 PM

See the Masks Companion Kickstarter thread for the latest info.

In fact I'll lock this thread and simply point people there. :-)

http://www.yog-sotho...arter-now-live/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Publisher, Buy, Jazz Age, CoC 1-6e