Photo
- - - - -

Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion - Where can I get it?

Publisher Buy Jazz Age CoC 1-6e

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#41 christian

christian

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:29 PM

Meanwhile, my review of MoN for the New York Review of Science Fiction is actually on the front page of the current issue, next to a transcript of a speech by Poul Anderson. I'm still in a happy daze.

Excellent, Lisa…. Now you've made me curious

christian lehmann

#42 Afraid of the dark

Afraid of the dark

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:38 AM

Happy that you've considered print.  Will there be a  hardback?  I've a feeling that due to the weight and size of the book that a softcover, even with care, will lose pages, have spine issues and not last long.

Don't take that the wrong way, I understand it's to see what can be done and drum up interest etc. I think a hardback would cost about £38 to get down in a small batch. That's in Buckram (loads of different colours available). I think that's what I was quoted, with bonded leather being £50.  Genuine leather was £65 (only in red or grey as they had some left over from another job), or £150 if you wanted to choose the (have a  wider choice of colour) for genuine leather and they had 150 colours to choose from. A larger order would bring that price down, but then there would be postage on top. That's the killer For a book of that size, it's just tipping over the 2 kilos weight (not including packaging), so that's Recorded UK £14.85 (which covers you up to £50 insurance), Signed Europe £20.30, USA £31.35 and Japan/Australia £32.85. A real killer, but that's Royal Mail prices, Parcel Force may offer it less, and there's also other couriers. Plus the bulk send and distribution in the actual country.

Don't take the above the wrong way, I'm just being helpful.

Edited by Afraid of the dark, 03 May 2014 - 07:59 AM.

Please have a read of the game "The Sanitarium," on my Blog. Say what you think!

#43 Eddy

Eddy

Master

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me how I can get hold of the Masks Companion. It sound incredible and would dearly love to read it but I can't seem to be able to download it for some reason. Can anybody help

Eddy

#44 WinstonP

WinstonP

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 3,577 posts
  • LocationFleeing westward

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:29 PM

It was available for download for a time on the site; we've removed it pending an official print release. As soon as we have more news on that, we will definitely be publicizing that on YSDC.
My blogs - Tomes in Progress (personal); Sentinel Hill Press (The Arkham Gazette and more)
Sentinel Hill Press on G+; Facebook; Twitter; Patreon

#45 Eddy

Eddy

Master

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:06 PM

Damn...... I seemed to have missed the boat. Oh well, I will just have to buy the thing when it comes out. Any idea when?

#46 Stoker

Stoker

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:51 PM

One more question. Though I definitely prefer reading on dead trees, I cannot help but agree than when working on something, electronic is easier (if only because you can cary everywhere on a tablet). Will the (final) paper Companion be bundled with an electronic version . Or will the differences be so unfathomably minimal than the 0.9 edition should be equivalent ?

#47 DrummerDave

DrummerDave

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:45 AM

Well, I was just about to go print a copy for myself, but, as a contributor, I could not be more excited for this. Hurrah!

Blogging at http://Weird8.com

#48 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,407 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:11 PM

Will the (final) paper Companion be bundled with an electronic version . Or will the differences be so unfathomably minimal than the 0.9 edition should be equivalent ?

The current thinking is that both electronic and paper versions should be available.

The upcoming MoNC has all the corrected/updated text and maps. The 0.9 version is essentially 3+ years old in form.

The final release will be the 2014 "complete" edition.

#49 Lisa

Lisa

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

Yay!

#50 woodnoggin

woodnoggin

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:29 PM

I took a look at the preview physical copy of the Companion at the UK Games Expo yesterday. That thing is massive, much bigger than BtMOM even. I knew there was a lot to it from the old pdf version but it took seeing it in the flesh for me to realise what a huge tome it is. I can't wait to get my own copy.

#51 crazy_cat

crazy_cat

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Patron
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationCambridge, UK

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

I can't wait to get my own copy.

The key questions are when, where, how, and how much?

"You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not wish to die"

#52 Nullpunkt

Nullpunkt

Neophyte

• 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:15 PM

The key questions are when, where, how, and how much?

I agree.

It's a pity that the free download of the 0.9 version has disappeared, though I understand the reasons.

#53 cpt_machine

cpt_machine

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationDoncaster, UK

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

Only seen the print version in photos but it looks impressive.
"I have always been my own teacher, and I must confess I am also my favorite pupil"
-Lestat

Captain Machine's UK Gaming Vlog
www.youtube.com/cptmachine

#54 Pookie

Pookie

Greater Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:00 AM

My own little Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion. I will name him Nigel, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him...

10449476_10152557710704669_6070602511157

Pookie -- Editor & Reviewer; Editor for Sixtystone Press

See http://rlyehreviews.blogspot.com/ for reviews
"Home again, home again, Yiggety Yig... Goo-ood evening, Quetzalcoatl."

#55 Lisa

Lisa

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:02 AM

Hm, any odds I'd be able to purchase this while I'm in London for WorldCon and don't have to deal with shipping? Cuz that'd be awesome.

#56 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:22 AM

It would be neat but I'm afraid that won't be on the cards. We're currently waiting on external timetables before announcing further details.

#57 Lisa

Lisa

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:31 AM

Well, on the plus side, that means more luggage space.

#58 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:59 AM

If anyone is very keen, that advance copy that Pookie is hugging in post #54 is available in the YSDC Travel Fund section.

There's just the one.

#59 jorune

jorune

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:15 PM

Indeed. Assuming it arrives in time for Continuum I may it lug it there for general inspection,

#60 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

Well, you beat someone else by 27 seconds! On its way to you now, Chris. First Class.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Publisher, Buy, Jazz Age, CoC 1-6e