Photo
- - - - -

Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion - Where can I get it?

Publisher Buy Jazz Age CoC 1-6e

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#1 Professor

Professor

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

Is the 'Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion' still available for free, if so, where can I get it?

Also, I've got the latest MoN softback, but I'm looking to buy the pdf as well (I find it easier to read on my tablet), so should I buy the Masks of Nyarlathotep pdf or are they going to bring it out again for 7ed?

If they are not re-releasing MoN, is it fairly easy to convert it to 7th ed?

Thanks

#2 dce

dce

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

You can still download the Masks companion .. go to http://www.yog-sotho...masks-companion

If you want to see some higher-res versions of some of the handouts (the one's made by me), you can check out this page: http://cthulhureborn...otep-companion/

I haven't heard any plans for a 7e version of Masks in the near future ... I would expect that it would be fairly easy to convert the existing book yourself. Given how many people here on YSDC run this campaign, you may well find someone is already in the process of converting stats for their own game anyway.

Dean (from Adelaide)

FREE high-quality Call of Cthulhu scenarios in PDF: cthulhureborn.wordpress.com

#3 Professor

Professor

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

Fantastic!

Thank you very much, and thos docs. look great too!

#4 Professor

Professor

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

Probably a bit of a strange question this but, what do I do with MoNC?

There's adventures in there and handouts, so do you run these before MoN, or do you drop them in as you go along?

#5 WinstonP

WinstonP

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 3,577 posts
  • LocationFleeing westward

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

As the title says, it is a Companion to the campaign.

Read the article on running Masks and the one about introducing Jackson Elias. Before you start the campaign, read the New York chapter. As you go through the campaign, read the corresponding chapters in advance of play. Other useful bits in advance include Matthew Pook on replacing characters and my comments about tome reading.
My blogs - Tomes in Progress (personal); Sentinel Hill Press (The Arkham Gazette and more)
Sentinel Hill Press on G+; Facebook; Twitter; Patreon

#6 Professor

Professor

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

Thanks Winston

#7 WinstonP

WinstonP

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 3,577 posts
  • LocationFleeing westward

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

Thanks Winston

Happy to help.  I hope you find the Companion useful (and be sure to let us know how it goes!)

My blogs - Tomes in Progress (personal); Sentinel Hill Press (The Arkham Gazette and more)
Sentinel Hill Press on G+; Facebook; Twitter; Patreon

#8 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,409 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

The completed/corrected/updated version of the Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion has just been delivered to my inbox.

It looks fantastic.

It is a beast.

It is an epic publication at over 600 pages. Giant "thank yous" and appreciation are due to everyone involved. Adam of Sixtystone Press has done a wonderful job tackling the layout of this great tome.

monc-final-front-cover.jpg  monc-final-back-cover.jpg

Obviously the question once again becomes that of the topic title. "Where can I get it?" - we'll have more information on that in a little while as we sort out exactly how we mean to deliver the Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion: Bloody Tongue Edition (and provide printed copies).

So do please stay tuned (and allow a little forbearance) as we begin to conclude this seven year project.

#9 Gerall

Gerall

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing the completed version. Congratulations, all!
Gerall Kahla - gamer, roustabout, BRP enthusiast

#10 jorune

jorune

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

Congratulations to everyone who worked on the Companion. I'm looking forward to hearing how we can get a printed version.

Edited by jorune, 25 April 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#11 Cearlan

Cearlan

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationTyne & Wear, England.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

Just to echo the congratulations to everyone involved with this mighty tome. Funnily I was just reading the earlier release day before yesterday - coincidence? We all know there is no such thing ... Are the stars right and HE deems the time is right to unleash this diabolical tome upon an unsuspecting world

;-)

Professor, There will be conversion notes / stats along pretty soon I'd imagine.

Take Care,

CEARLAN

#12 cwyllog

cwyllog

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

Congratulations; was a long delivery but the babies out at last (and not too many stiches needed I hope...)

#13 SJE

SJE

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

Have to say, I've been running Masks with 7th Ed, and I've been loving the Companion- especially for whats in all the Tomes, and learning from other Keepers experiences/institutional memory. I recently ran the Cats Cradle adventure and it was the perfect Agatha Christie style break from the normal campaign- really loved it.

Steve

Running Curse of Nineveh. Survivor of Horror on the Orient Express @ GenCon2013. Keepered Beyond the Lighthouse of Madness, Shadows of Yog Sothoth: Fight Club, and Innsmouth, Masks of Nyarlathotep in London, World War Cthulhu - Saint Cernouf Sandbox

#14 Pookie

Pookie

Greater Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:04 PM

It is an impressive tome, one which as I have said before, is well worth the wait. I would echo Paul's comments and appreciation of all those who have contributed towards this book and count myself fortunate to have been involved.

Truly, the Stars Have Come Right for the Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion.

Edited by Pookie, 25 April 2014 - 12:04 PM.

Pookie -- Editor & Reviewer; Editor for Sixtystone Press

See http://rlyehreviews.blogspot.com/ for reviews
"Home again, home again, Yiggety Yig... Goo-ood evening, Quetzalcoatl."

#15 Mograg

Mograg

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

Hi all,

Is the Innsmouth House Masks Companion statted out for 6th (classic) Call of Cthulhu or 7th edition?

Thanks,

- Mograg

Edited by Mograg, 25 April 2014 - 03:55 PM.

#16 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,409 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

It is for the current edition of Call of Cthulhu (that is, 6th edition).

#17 Mograg

Mograg

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

I eagerly look forward to purchasing a print copy and congratulate all involved with this project who have worked so hard to bring it to fruition.

- Mograg

#18 Mankcam

Mankcam

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:24 AM

I think the MoN Companion is brilliant, it has got to be the best free supplement I have come across and it is is certainly a worthwhile read for any GM who is running this glorious campaign.

I had already started MoN when I stumbled across the Companion, and it certainly would have helped me considerably for the New York episodes. Fortunately my London episodes benefitted from me having the Companion as a reference.

Our campaign is on hiatus now while another troupe member GMs another setting, but we will be returning to MoN later this year, and I am constantly reading up on the Egypt chapters from both MoN and the Companion in preparation.

Looking forward to the updated edition of the MoN Companion in the near future!

#19 AirborneXO

AirborneXO

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:50 AM

I've got to have a copy of this in print to sit on the shelf, I enjoyed working on this project and no doubt will return to masks one day after the London tpk that did for my party!

Cheers, Hal
Arkham Investigator: Macabre detection in the worlds of H.P. Lovecraft
Follow Arkham Investigator on Facebook
Messing with videos since 2009!

#20 Afraid of the dark

Afraid of the dark

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:13 AM

Obviously the question once again becomes that of the topic title. "Where can I get it?" - we'll have more information on that in a little while as we sort out exactly how we mean to deliver the Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion: Bloody Tongue Edition (and provide printed copies).

Yes, I did wonder. When it was said prior that there would not be any paper copies, I thought, ???  As there must be an audience for it.  That's why I posted my prior messages to see if there was support and to get an idea of what that was.  I was of the mind that there could be a contributors copy colour, and then the standard, all of which would be limited, due to the overall logistics and that it was all non-profit. I thought it odd, as the people involved could have their own limited book, exactly how they wanted it, and limit it as per their needs.  Who wouldn't want that!  Anyway, I've been keeping an eye on the forums as I'd already contacted a printer and was waiting for final copy to get something going. No worries though, as it was just tentative with the printer to find out costs, which for a limited book run was pretty reasonable.

Please have a read of the game "The Sanitarium," on my Blog. Say what you think!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Publisher, Buy, Jazz Age, CoC 1-6e