• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#221 trevlix

trevlix

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 02:33 AM

Does anyone else love this thread is over a decade old and still going strong?

#222 Graham

Graham

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:18 PM

I do indeed, though it is regrettable that over the years some of the links have become broken...

"If you do good, you'll live forever, if you do bad you'll die hearing a single note for I am the one true sound...", Fragment found in a cult hideout.

#223 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,409 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:11 PM

Web sites require constant maintenance. It's all effort, not magic (unfortunately ;-)).

#224 WinstonP

WinstonP

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 3,577 posts
  • LocationFleeing westward

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:33 PM

Sword attack at Taiwan's presidential palace

A man has been arrested in Taipei after injuring a military policeman outside Taiwan's presidential building using a samurai sword.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-40975231
My blogs - Tomes in Progress (personal); Sentinel Hill Press (The Arkham Gazette and more)
Sentinel Hill Press on G+; Facebook; Twitter; Patreon

#225 Dabbler

Dabbler

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationThe mist-shrouded gardens of Zaïs, Where blossoms the white nephalotë, The redolent herald of midnight.

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:00 PM

Hardly modern, but my grandfather, James Fraser Gray, brought a Japanese officer's sword back from the last War (I have a Kodak photograph of the surrender of some Japanese soldiers with their arms on the ground in a very interesting album of photographs of China and Indo-China before and during the War, including a native funeral, an idol, a native lady in a palanquin, -- I might scan them if they would be interesting resources). My step-great-grandmother (Mrs William Gray, nee Janet Hewitt) used to push the sword through the letter-box at unwelcome callers!

Sadly the sword was mislaid in the late 1990s when my grandparents retired from Belchester near Coldstream to the Highlands.

This must have been in the fifties or sixties (although my great-grandfather lived to 97 and died in 1988) and I am profoundly grateful no hapless insurance salesmen reported her to the police!

Edited by Dabbler, 18 August 2017 - 06:03 PM.

''In theory, I am an agnostic, but pending the appearance of radical evidence I must be classed, practically and provisionally, as an atheist.''

#226 WinstonP

WinstonP

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 3,577 posts
  • LocationFleeing westward

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:09 AM

An attack believed to have been sparked by a succession feud has left three people dead at a well-known Shinto shrine in Tokyo.

The chief priestess was stabbed to death, reportedly by her brother. A bloodied Samurai sword was found at the scene, along with other knives.

The attacker's wife also took part in the ambush on Thursday evening, police say, injuring the priestess's driver.

The male attacker then stabbed his wife to death before killing himself.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-42275875

My blogs - Tomes in Progress (personal); Sentinel Hill Press (The Arkham Gazette and more)
Sentinel Hill Press on G+; Facebook; Twitter; Patreon