Hi, everyone. I have run Devourers in the Mist (the first of the four adventure found in Stunning Eldritch Tales) several times with great success. Not only is it one of the best introductions to Trail of Cthulhu, but it works very well as a 4-5 hour one-shot.
I adapted the original scenario to my group's style of play, and have captured the revisions at: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing
Here's a summary of the changes:
- The adventure begins on September 14, 1937 (“Backstory”).
- The aviatrix is Amelia Earhart, and her co-pilot is Fred Noonan (“Backstory” and “Amelia Earhart”).
- The action takes place on “Howland Island”, albeit an Howland Island that has been greatly expanded by Abholos (“Backstory” and “Updated Scenes: The Electra”).
- I put the Firenze Tome in the airplane, because I thought it would be fun to let the Investigators carry it around for a while before learning the truth (“Updated Scenes: The Electra, The Firenze Tome”).
- I changed some of the radio transmission, and added some new ones from Clive, Fred, and Earhart (“Updated Scenes: The Firenze Tome”).
- I created a new player character (“Emily”), and added two new NPCs (“Updated Scenes: The Beach” and “New Characters”).
- I changed the characteristics of the Devourers, both to make them less lethal, and to allow an undead “Fred Noonan” and “Amelia Earhart” to be among them (“Updated Scenes: The Devourers”).
- I changed the post-victory ending (“Updated Scenes: Rescue and Wrap-Up”).
Feel free to take any or all of these ideas and incorporate into your own session of Devourers. If you have any feedback, suggestions, or comments, I'd love to hear them.
Edited by matthewbaldwin, 04 June 2013 - 08:18 PM.