#41 MOB

MOB

Chaosium Inc.

• Publisher
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, VIC Australia

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:52 PM

Chaosium recently spoke to Tom Lynch of Miskatonic River Press. Although the Punktown Kickstarter is way, way overdue (launched in Nov 2012!) a 50% preview of the book has been recently shared with backers, and the second half is in the final stages of layout (work on this being undertaken by Angus Abranson of Chronicle City for MRP).

For this reason Chaosium has decided to keep the Punktown license in place and hopefully see this much-delayed project through to completion in the coming months.

More details here: https://www.chaosium...own-kickstarter

#42 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,414 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:28 AM

It would be excellent for this to see the full light of day after almost five years.

#43 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:53 AM

Also Jeffrey Thomas has just released a couple of new Punktown short stories in his latest collection. I'm a big fan of his work and looking forward to this too.

Come read about Dreamhounds of Paris actually being played.

The Armitage Files, now with added Ennie Award.
Cthulhu Britannica: London Box Set, now with Golden Geek runner-up award.

#44 hamster

hamster

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

It would be excellent for this to see the full light of day after almost five years.

It will be interesting to see if, after all of this time, whether this still meets expectations for the product.

I've read through the PDF that was shared and although I found some of it interesting it felt a little 'light' on content and quite amateurishly laid out (when compared to the new Chaosium products and other RPG products released recently) .

I'm hoping that this was just the fact that it was only about 50% of the finished product though and that the final version will be more polished.....

#45 TheHistorian

TheHistorian

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:56 AM

For this project, will those who missed the KS be able to purchase the printed book after, or does the license not extend to that?

#46 MOB

MOB

Chaosium Inc.

• Publisher
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, VIC Australia

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

For this project, will those who missed the KS be able to purchase the printed book after, or does the license not extend to that?

Up to MRP.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fundraiser