#961 badseed

badseed

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:32 PM

Just got home and unpacked my copy, I backed at the seasoned traveller level so i got the faux-byakhee leather steamer trunk witch looks really nice, also the medallion of Ithaqua has some real heft to it. If I had this as a handout the first time I ran the campaign I doubt my players would have let go of it that easily.

Only complaint I have is I got the wrong t-shirt sizes, and unfortunately even an american size L is a bit small for me, almost good but not quite.

#962 msk

msk

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:41 PM

Joy! Relief! The stars were finally right today over darkest Wiltshire and my HOTOE arrived at last. It's been an irksome wait but sooooo worth it to open the two layers of packaging and gaze on the treasure within.

#963 Paddurz

Paddurz

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationWest (Best) Coast of Sweden

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:11 PM

It's been a long wait, exacerbated by the fact that two friends in Sweden (one in the same city, one just outside it) got their HOTOE packages 1-2 weeks ago. I finally resorted and mailed Chaosium to ask where my package was. 3 hours later it arrived with the post. 

The box was battered and heavy (13.1 kgs!!!) but Sans Detour had packaged the innards extremely well and the inner box was pristine. I had backed as Seasoned Traveller with some add ons such as 2 extra mugs, additional passports and a T-shirt. I got all that and everything whole. Getting the stuff from the cylinder is going to be a nightmare, I can see what people are griping about there. I also had all the books, no duplicates and no missing books which was quite a relief. I seem to have received 1 T-shirt too many and one additional hand out book. The "fashionably small steamer trunk of faux-byakhee leather" served a good use holding all the coffee-mugs. It might be a little cheesy but will serve as a great hold-all for the gaming sessions. I also received the dice, the mini's, the keepers screen and the amulets.

Very happy and relieved to finally have received the HOTOE. I've been extremely frustrated with the waiting but to now have this thing of beauty in my hands all that frustration has just melted away and been replaced with a deep feeling of joy and satisfaction. Thank you Chaosium for delivering.

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

http://twitter.com/paddurz

#964 Azimuth

Azimuth

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:26 PM

Still nothing for me (and a colleague in the same town received his a week or so ago) - taking a leaf from Paddurz' book, I think I'll drop Chaosium an email :)

Edit: I've been in touch with Ben - some confusion with delivery addresses, apparently, but it seems my email was impeccably timed. I can now go back to staring out of the window waiting for the delivery with a reduced sense of anxiety!

Edited by Azimuth, 09 July 2015 - 04:12 PM.

#965 Azimuth

Azimuth

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:50 AM

It's here! It's finally here! Praise the Old Ones! Very well packaged, no obvious item substitution errors. Although... there doesn't seem to be a T-shirt. Ah well, the important stuff has arrived :)

#966 trevlix

trevlix

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:43 PM

Got my 2nd shipment today! Yay! Hope everyone's arrives shortly as well!

#967 AdamAlexander

AdamAlexander

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:21 PM

That's good news. I've been wondering about the status.

#968 gazza567

gazza567

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron+
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:31 PM

I am still waiting. Anybody else in Australia still waiting on a delivery?

Edited by gazza567, 29 July 2015 - 12:32 PM.

dulce decorum est

#969 kin242

kin242

Master

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:53 PM

I backed both KS's- I received the HOTOE main pack months ago, but with 2 copies of both the handouts book and book II but missing the book III (If anyone in Montreal has the opposite problem and wants to swap PM me). I got a nice reply saying it wouldl all be sorted out in the next wave.... but when will that next wave be? As for shipping costs etc I, as I think most reasonable adults would, have absolutely no problem chipping in to cover a shortfall if that happened... But it is very concerning- some serious planning issues, this should have been a major money spinner!

Let's hope we see HOTOE finalised for everyone post haste and that 7e is shipped by Halloween as promised! 

Do you read Sutter Cane?

#970 omnimpotent

omnimpotent

Breakfast Clubber

• Breakfast Clubber
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:22 PM

All praise to the Skinless One!  Wave 2 arrived in the lands of Ithaqua.

#971 jlynn

jlynn

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • LocationBeyond Time and Space

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:57 PM

I haven't seen the 2nd shipment yet here in California.  I wonder how long I should wait before contacting them?

If just once, in one of their updates, they could say something like:  "If you haven't received your second shipment by Aug 31st, please contact us."  THEN, at least, I'd have an inkling of how long I should reasonably wait.  But they never really seem to give much hard date info there (or if they do, it's just to tell us later that that particular date is busted).

#972 gazza567

gazza567

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron+
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:44 AM

I haven't even received the first lot, let alone the second box
dulce decorum est

#973 littleo

littleo

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:23 AM

Still waiting here in NM for shipment 2. I figure I'll wait another week before asking, since all the 2nd shipments have been mailed. By that time it will be clear that I've not been included in the batch.

Mike D

#974 jlynn

jlynn

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:10 PM

I haven't even received the first lot, let alone the second box

I'd be all up in their stuff if I were you....

#975 gazza567

gazza567

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron+
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:05 AM

I'd be all up in their stuff if I were you....

I have asked the question and they said they would look into it. But that's the last I heard. I am hoping to get some news next week
dulce decorum est

#976 jlynn

jlynn

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:19 AM

I have asked the question and they said they would look into it. But that's the last I heard. I am hoping to get some news next week

Well I certainly hope they get back to you rapidly.  There's no excuse why you shouldn't have already received your first box at a bare minimum.  I figure I'll start badgering them about my second shipment if nothing shows between now and the middle of August, but they should DEFINITELY get your issue resolved quickly!

#977 Pugwash

Pugwash

Master

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:38 AM

Hey Gary, have you moved since the Kickstarter funded? There are a couple of folks who moved here in N.Z. Including me, who advised Chaosium of a new address in 2013 via Kickstarter (and received a confirmation that it had been updated) but the box was shipped to the original address anyway (which is pretty crazy when you consider how much they paid to ship it). I was lucky enough that the people at my old address hadn't touched it and we're happy to give it to me when I asked.

Edited by Pugwash, 02 August 2015 - 07:41 AM.

Character-Driven Roleplaying: ImaginaryEmpireGames.com

#978 gazza567

gazza567

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron+
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:15 AM

Hey Gary, have you moved since the Kickstarter funded? There are a couple of folks who moved here in N.Z. Including me, who advised Chaosium of a new address in 2013 via Kickstarter (and received a confirmation that it had been updated) but the box was shipped to the original address anyway (which is pretty crazy when you consider how much they paid to ship it). I was lucky enough that the people at my old address hadn't touched it and we're happy to give it to me when I asked.

I had moved, it would be twice now. But I gave them a Po box that I have access to for the boxes. Hopefully I hear back soon or I will contact them on Tuesday my time to find out
dulce decorum est

#979 littleo

littleo

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:53 PM

It's pretty annoying to see this stuff for sale at retailers like Noble Knight, and still waiting as a KS backer.

M

#980 jlynn

jlynn

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:39 PM

It's pretty annoying to see this stuff for sale at retailers like Noble Knight, and still waiting as a KS backer.

M

Boy, ain't THAT the truth!  There were a lot of pretty annoying aspects to this whole thing.  All in all, I'm thinking Kickstarter may not be an ideal fit for Chaosium's business model....  *sigh*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fundraiser, CoC 7e