Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:25 AM

Posted Image
http://www.kicktraq....sium-publicatio
We can always hope, right?

Hmm ... I'm sure Chaosium would certainly be happy if the Kickstarter really *were* trending towards ending at $243,000 [click the link and you'll see what I mean] ... that's probably their operating budget for (I wouldn't care to speculate how many) years!

Personally, though, I'm just happy that the project has reached its target and we really will be getting a nice, deluxe reprint of HotOE!

Dean (from Adelaide)

FREE high-quality Call of Cthulhu scenarios in PDF: cthulhureborn.wordpress.com

#63 TAK

TAK

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

Personally, though, I'm just happy that the project has reached its target and we really will be getting a nice, deluxe reprint of HotOE!

Dean (from Adelaide)

True that, but if it goes over and one can imagine it should get to around 100k at least considering HotOE has never been reprinted and it is a good campaign. And of course, if you look at things like Monte Cook's Numenera or Shadows of Esteren, I won't be surprised if it will go high.

#64 Noble

Noble

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

I am having a little bit of a blonde moment chaps, do you need to add $25 for shipping on the First Class Edition?
It isn't stated under the blurb.
The static in my mind, leaves me hollow and unkind.

#65 Black-Seal-Editor

Black-Seal-Editor

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

Yes you do. Its in the first or second update. But not the blurb.
Adam Crossingham
Publisher & Editor-in-Chief
Sixtystone Press Limited

#66 TAK

TAK

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

I am having a little bit of a blonde moment chaps, do you need to add $25 for shipping on the First Class Edition?
It isn't stated under the blurb.

For all perks under FIRST ClASS level please add $10 for international shipping, and for FIRST CLASS level please add $30 (US shipping is expensive, we apologize).

So, it's actually $10 or $30. Which is why I went with 1 below First Class to save $20 on shipping and apparently receive a t-shirt instead of the keeper screen. While I would like the keeper screen, I'm not will to pay $40 for it and lose the t-shirt.

#67 WiseWolf

WiseWolf

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

I thought it was total 30 outside US. Regardless of what you wanted, Toni. So you better check your pledge.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack”

Listen to us playing in Skype of Cthulhu

#68 Zarozinia

Zarozinia

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

True that, but if it goes over and one can imagine it should get to around 100k at least considering HotOE has never been reprinted and it is a good campaign. And of course, if you look at things like Monte Cook's Numenera or Shadows of Esteren, I won't be surprised if it will go high.

I hope so too, but I'm less confident. I think for it to do really well it would need to attract interest from the wider roleplaying audience (I mean, those of us here on Yog-Sothoth are queuing up to give Chaosium our money, but our numbers represent a fraction of the wider gamer population), and unfortunately HotOE doesn't seem to be attracting much excitement on other RPG forums (it was only listed yesterday on RPG.net's list of Kickstarter projects).

#69 TAK

TAK

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

I thought it was total 30 outside US. Regardless of what you wanted, Toni. So you better check your pledge.

That is a direct copy and paste from the update. And I haven't seen anything else since. I specifically asked them because First Class was missing the shipping info.

#70 Noble

Noble

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

Well I joined in at First Class level $120, just go to settle in for the long haul.
The static in my mind, leaves me hollow and unkind.

#71 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,382 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

I've written Chaosium to request that these characters be added anyway, as a tribute. I think YSDC's recorded campaign has done more to promote this product than anything Chaosium themselves could have done -- and that's without the associated publicity from drooling over the German edition (which seems to be happening for pretty much anything a European licensee puts out these days).

What a lovely thought!

If Chaosium get in touch with us about such an idea, I'll let you know.

#72 Pookie

Pookie

Greater Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

The good news is that Chaosium has posted an update, including news of its first Stretch Goal, which is at $50,000.

Shipping rates have also been confirmed.

Pookie -- Editor & Reviewer; Editor for Sixtystone Press

See http://rlyehreviews.blogspot.com/ for reviews
"Home again, home again, Yiggety Yig... Goo-ood evening, Quetzalcoatl."

#73 Emrys

Emrys

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, UK

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

Shipping rates have also been confirmed.

Well, sort of. It still doesn't clarify what the shipping is for First Class - it only says what the shipping costs are for above First Class and below First Class (and that still contradicts the "Details of Rewards" section directly above the FAQs).
Nightmares in Norfolk did come back, albeit briefly, with a brand new group of investigators! Why not visit and see if you see when I went wrong (and, for the love of Dagon, comment)?

#74 WiseWolf

WiseWolf

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

We can assume that above First Class is an inclusive statement.

I don't like the stretch goal reward, where is the benefit for the other 400+ backers that cannot aspire to travel to a Con in the US? I don't think it is a valid one. See the other kickstarters stretch goals, they added something for every layer of the project.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack”

#75 Apofis

Apofis

Master

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

I don't like the stretch goal reward, where is the benefit for the other 400+ backers that cannot aspire to travel to a Con in the US? I don't think it is a valid one. See the other kickstarters stretch goals, they added something for every layer of the project.

I think you got it wrong, the stretch goal reward gor $50,000 is improving the quality of maps and handouts

#76 WiseWolf

WiseWolf

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

I got it wrong, yes. I didn't see that part on the update. Let me look again.

#77 galaga88

galaga88

Master

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

I think you got it wrong, the stretch goal reward gor $50,000 is improving the quality of maps and handouts

Ugh. That's hardly what I'd call a real stretch goal, considering those were already supposed to be redone as part of this reprint.

I already pledged my $90 and am happy with what I get at that level, so it doesn't bother me, but it still feels like a total afterthought.

#78 Apofis

Apofis

Master

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

I agree, that reward should've been implicit along with the reprint, I also pledged for the $90 level so I'm still waitin for a better reward, the Carved wooden figure of the Sedefkar Simulacrum is what I consider a great reward

#79 Emrys

Emrys

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, UK

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

Yes, we could, but we could have equally assumed that "below First Class" is an inclusive statement ... although I see that the FAQ's been corrected while I typed this. :)
Nightmares in Norfolk did come back, albeit briefly, with a brand new group of investigators! Why not visit and see if you see when I went wrong (and, for the love of Dagon, comment)?

#80 stefman123

stefman123

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

200% Funded and haven't hit the first stretch gole yet that's a dissapointment i mean that's 100% extra funding and there's no stretch gole to say thanks for the extra 100%.From what i usuelly see on kickstarter (and i back quiet a few projects) it's usuelly every 10-20 % ish after the first 100% a stretch gole is announced so whats the extra 100% going to? obviously they have to use it to provide the backers product's but if that covers all the extra 100% they obviously don't quiet grasp kick starter.If 40k was the funding needed for the base project then surly 40k should have been the gole.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fundraiser, CoC 7e